MSI titan vs dominator

I'm buying a new laptop around december and I narI'm buying a new laptop around decembre and I narrowed my choices to the
MSI titan with sli 980M 16gb VRAM 16 or 24 gb ddr3l RAM 1920×1080 ips i7 4720HQ 265gb SSD 1tb HDD
Or
MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G with 980 8gb (not 980M) 32gb ddr3l RAM i7 6820HK 256gb ssd 1 or 2tb hdd 1920×1080 with 75hz ips
I should mention that this is my first gaming PC and so far I have played games with my msi 650g at pathatic FPSs and I decided it s time to change that
And don't bother telling me to nuild a rig because I'm a med student and need a laptop even if a bit large(the titan)
Also my most important criteria is longivity so I want the one that will keep running games at high or ultra at more than at least 40 fps for longer(at least 5 years from now)rowed my choices to the
MSI titan with sli 980M 16gb VRAM 16 or 24 gb ddr3l RAM 1920×1080 ips i7 4720HQ 265gb SSD 1tb HDD
Or
MSI GT72 Dominator Pro G with 980 8gb (not 980M) 32gb ddr3l RAM i7 6820HK 256gb ssd 1 or 2tb hdd 1920×1080 with 75hz ips
I should mention that this is my first gaming PC and so far I have played games with my msi 650g at pathatic FPSs and I decided it s time to change that
And don't bother telling me to nuild a rig because I'm a med student and need a laptop even if a bit large(the titan)
Also my most important criteria is longivity so I want the one that will keep running games at high or ultra at more than at least 40 fps for longer(at least 5 years from now)

>keep running games at high or ultra at more than at least 40 fps for longer(at least 5 years from now)
Let's toss that out the window from the get go. You'll never achieve it.
>MSI
Enjoy your broken hinges, inadequate cooling and terrible customer service.
>Gaming laptops in general
It's going to fry itself within five years. It might last longer but not by much.

Get Titan, I have it.
Aluminum body, easy to upgrade, mech. keyboard, better cooling, and feel premium in general.

Thanx I also noticed I does way better in benchmarks but my worry was the noise complains that i found in online reviews and the 16 gb ram gap
Is it realy that noisy

wait dude, have you seen their website? their probably going to annouce notebook 1070/1080s or something.

that said i have the GT72S dominator with gsync monitor and 980m. I would rather have spent the extra money on getting the notbook 980 but I can run the division on high at 50+ and rise of the tomb raider on very high at 57+.

also don't overclock the ones with K processors without a notebook cooler and air conditioning. I had extra warranty from a laptop upgrader so it didn't cost me to send it in, but getting 4ghz on regular cooling was overheating this thing.

I feel like I should mention this but the laptop is gift from a family friend for passing the year with flying colors so it has to be a laptop but he actualy understands I game so he left the choice to me between these two

The ram is very easy to upgrade, in fact, never buy a 32 ram laptop, they'll charge you double the price if you bought it from the store later.

The noise at the standby/idle is just like any other laptop, however, if you run the turbo fans (dedicated button for that) it'll become noisy but that acceptable at least for me because it will be for a limited time when I'm rendering and want to maintain a low temp.

Thank you for the advice and the fresh air of civility, truly thou art a beacon pf hope in the swamp of despair that is 4chin

>MSI

as someone who has an MSI laptop;

Enjoy have hardware you can't even use because of thermal throttling because the cooling is ass

>MFW 99% GPU and 35% CPU in CS:GO makes my CPU 89c and my CPU 82c

All laptops (and the modern consoles too) will eventually suffer from thermal throttling.
Some from the start, others after a little time.

I have an MSI laptop and have no issues with games like GTA 5, Dying Light, Son of Rome

It doesnt even get hot after playing GTA 5 for 1-2 hours

Do you guys think it s better to wait for 1080 and 1070 laptops because I can wait till november or october if i means better preformance than the titan or dominator

Pretending your laptop doesn't get hot or is running that games not turned way down doesn't make your heat go away, even if it makes you feel better to pretend.

>no one has mentioned the G751 yet

Get it OP, forget msi

I think it is; the TDP on graphics cards is plummeting each generation and the 1080m is already being claimed to be faster than a Titan X by 20% as per that one other thread, which if true, means it should about as fast as the desktop part. although throttling will pretty much guarantee that it won't be as fast, maybe 1070-tier, which is still damn good. comparatively, the 980m was only 60% as fast as a 980ti, although an improvement over Kepler non the less. a couple more generations and there will be no performance difference between mobile and desktop parts, the only limit will be the cooling capacity of the system.

I just looked up the new gen laptop release dates an it says late august early september so I think I could wait
Only probleme is I m in france so there might be a gap between their release and availability here

>>gayming
>laptop

Wait.

No seriously, Wait.

GTX 1060M and 1070M are releasing soon, MSI have already leaked the model names, something like GTVR or some shit.

The 1060 can compete with the 980M, and won't even throttle because 80W, and the 1070M performs the same as its desktop counterpart.

Go google it.

Wait, seriously. I not a huge gamer anymore myself, but if I can get myself a laptop with an i5 6300HQ, 1060M, and stick an NvME drive in it for less than 1000 clams, I'm sold.

>gaymen laptop
>med student
I would consider suicide if I were you.

What he said. Kill yourself.

Pretending that im pretwnding doesnt make your made up bs true

Kek, sounds like somebody is getting a new laptop for bat mitzvah.