What has caused decline in quality in Apple products?

everything, from the design to functionality has gone to shit. Is it truly Jobs death or is Johnny Ive jus burnt out and passé?

t. macfag, seriously.

they figured they can sell crap either way.

>is Johnny Ive jus burnt out and passé

he has probably run out of stuff to copy

this

They were never good. You only realize it now because they aren't popularizing previously unpopular gadgets. Novelty and marketing can only go so far.

my macbooks pretty damn comfy senpai

Money. If they cant be cool and innovative without Jobs, they can at least try to one up him on profits, so thats what theyll do

There's is good reason why apples went to shit and had to beg jobs back. You are seeing that now again.

Jobs death.
Ever since he died there has been no innovation or anything really, things just got worse.
>inb4 Antennagate
yeah, one product

Tim Cook can't run the company.

I do think Jobs death had something to do with it because they're not following the same guidelines anymore.

The original ipod was god tier. Same goes for the first 3 iphones compared to their competition at the time. Lucky me i didnt invest in them because Applels been shitty for a while and it's probably going to be a long time before theyre ever kind of good again.

Steve Jobs died

Fuck Tim Cook

Jobs was a cheat and an asshole but at least he had an eye for proper design. He never would have allowed the release of the iPhone 6/7, Pencil, or that retarded mouse whose name I forgot that had the charging port on the bottom.

The magic trackpad had me using hackintosh for a good while.

The new one however is so shitty. Clicking on it is annoying.

there's no decline in quality
there's just a raise in awareness

Death of their leader

/bread

>why don't apple products look as good now that they're not surrounded by jobs's reality distortion field
it's a mystery.

trackpads are the only way to use OSX in a comfy way. Seriously even their own mice sucks

XP SP2 and Tiger/Snow Leopard are still the high water mark

Eh, I used my steelseries rival and it didn't work awfully, though I needed smoothmouse to disable acceleration

However OSX specifically really likes the whole fucking gesture thing

Is this quality?

This, I'm a macfag for 7 months now, you wouldn't make me switch back even if you offered me a top of the line non applel device.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

1. Sup Forums really needs to give Apple credit for what they did in the early days.

2. Cause Jobs died - he was Apple.

The change in who they view as their consumer.

Apple used to sell to people that wanted to pay premium for a polished, highly useful product.

Now they sell to people that want to pay premium to look cool.

Still miles ahead of Windows, but moving in the wrong direction. I think a space in the market for professionals will open up soon and hopefully another company will try to compete.

That pasta getting stale as fuck

>credit for what they did in the early days.

>mactoddler still can't refute a single fact

But I don't use a single Apple product

I'm just stating facts you nignog

Powerbook 12"?

Doesn't make it any less true.

>from the design to functionality has gone to shit
Is this your personal opinion or do you have any objective data supporting this view?

I'd say the improved quite a bit after Jobs kicked the bucket.

In the mobile sector iOS got useable. Their prices got better (SE is pretty much the most affordable high end phone)

For laptops, they introduced this generations Air and improved Mac OS - iOS integration, further keeping people in their ecosystem and helping with work flow.

So much about functionality. As for design, well their new things like Apple Watch or Macbook are probably best in class visually, iPads and Macs are solid. Only phones look pretty boring now, although only Samsung is really innovating there these days.

>macshit
>best in class

see

Sorry but I am not interested in a faulty pasta written by some Sup Forums outcast.

see

Very well. Do you have anything to add beyond spam?

Hard mode: Anything of value.

see

Diversity

This is the extend of spambots in 2016? So much about AI revolution.

see

First Mac was a Mac IIsi. Mario Teaches Typing, Escape Velocity, Dome Wars, Bolo, Apeiron, Exile 1-3, Hypercard, Myst... that computer and me had a damn good time. Next was a Performa 6500. Nice tower for the time, just in time for Escape Velocity Override and Nova to drop. Moved on to the Internet via AOL and glorious 28.8 modem. Started playing MUDs via telnet. The beginning of the end, really. Then I was on to an eMac G4, easily one of the comfiest computers I've ever used. Nice 17" CRT display, even played WoW at a shit framerate. Loved it. TiMac G4 came with me to college, but it came secondhand from another owner and the board had a problem that caused random lockups. Meh. Swapped it for a cheapo Dell that I put Ubuntu on. Missing Macs at this point... got myself into Intel territory FINALLY with a 27" iMac. Installed Windows, finally got to mess around with PC gaming. Bought and sold a Macbook Pro 13" before they were retina. Recently finally built myself a monstrous Hackintosh, i7 4790k, 16gb RAM, 780ti 3gb nVidia card, all the hard drives and SSDs. For working on the road, snagged an 11" Macbook Air. Of all the Macs I've ever used, it's by far the comfiest, most badass little machine. Don't see myself parting with it. Eventually it'll just become the center of an AV setup, probably.

iphone and ipad were pretty cool at first, but once amazon got their shit together with kindle and netflix went mainstream they lost their competitive advantage. iphone is a good device for normies but it isn't gonna be around forever considering it isn't open source and such a walled garden. meanwhile linux and bsd run on all kinds of industrial embedded shit like industrial controllers. learning mac development is the new 90s cert whoring.

I got an MBP from work and i'm liking el capitan so far...

>what has caused decline in quality in Apple products?
Jobs died.
/thread

They were as shitty when Steve Jobs was alive. But he had his Reality Distorsion Field deployed.

>fpbp
Also worth mentioning that they really stopped selling as much as they wanted. Basically there's a low fewer macfags willing to re-up every cycle now so they're more or less recycling and making shit worse every cycle instead of trying to improve. I imagine the logic behind it is ultimately that they're tapped out in terms of innovation and from here on out they're just going to patent whore and carefully guard their market share like Microsoft so that interloping competitors get fucked by the government.

Numales need their status symbols. That really says nothing about their performance.

Nah, steve had a way of divining what made something good design

Jobs was complete perfectionist, he would be appalled at that battery pack cover and chargeable stylus (which should be charged by sticking it to the side of an iPad at least, not sticking out the bottom)

There are two sides to Steve Jobs, the engineering side and the salesman side.

The pragmatic designer side is the side that only the engineers inside Apple knew. Behind all the hype and showmanship Steve Jobs was very concerned with design and usability. He was always on the lookout for new technology and new ideas. The products werent good because he stroked egos, they were good because Jobs was hands on and oversaw every aspect of design.

Then there was the showman side of Steve Jobs, that is the side that the public only knew. When Jobs died his replacement was by someone who had no understanding for the technology. Tim Cook has a degree in industrial design which is basically assembly line optimization. Tim Cook doesnt know shit about computers or software. Apple is pretty much run by the marketing department now. Apple is simply trying to prop up the image of Apple by giving people lots of shitty gadgets that have no real technical value and they just hype it by playing along with Jobs theme of being 'different'. Everything is shit from Apple since Jobs died because the people running Apple are just marketeers trying to sell an image.

non mac users dont realize how comfy macbooks are. my girlfriend got a t460s thinkpad, i love the thing, but still it's just not as comfy as my macbook i've had for 6 years

there are two sides to me... nicest guy you'll ever meet and twisted fucking psychopath

Steve never engineered shit. He just knew how to sell stuff and steal talent off his friends

you werent born back when Apple hardware was cutting edge over anything in the computer industry and when software on Mac revolutionized graphics editing

oh you mean never?

but, yeah, final cut used to be pretty good, why the hell did they actually choose to gimp it?

he saved apple from bankruptcy when he came back to work for apple in the late 90s

true, because he knew what would sell and how to sell it. He had terrific ideas and vision, but never really engineered a thing

so a person who produces paint should be more recognised than famous artists?

wut

He was great at QA though. Yelled at his people over it.

>but never really engineered a thing
he wasnt a trained engineer but he was self taught in programming on very low level hardware at a time when all computers were made from scratch. You people are trying to make it look like he didnt know anything about technology, he knew a lot. He just happened to be a better manager than a designer, obviously.

yeah, exactly. I'm not trying to belittle him, he still was the soul of apple, but he really wasn't an engineer in the STEM sense

>what has caused decline in quality in Apple products?
They no longer have to make their products good, because their retarded fanbase of today equates the brand and price tag with quality, not the actual product

Why bother when you don't have to

Apple used to bring out new products very rarely with Steve Jobs being the vision behind each new one
Now thier trying to churn out shit constantly and none of it has the innovation it used to have. Thier just trying to fill the market with shit to stay relevant whereas they really should just stop unitl they have something worthwhile

Jobs always brought the cold reality to both NeXT and Apple.

Without him, they tend to wander into idiocy.

yet he died for his belief in homeopathy and natural remedies. Ironic.

Jony no longer has Jobs' input and Cook is a 'yes man'

>I think a space in the market for professionals will open up soon and hopefully another company will try to compete.
Dell already dominates the professional market though.

>but he was self taught in programming on very low level hardware at a time when all computers were made from scratch

[citation needed]

What gets me the most is that the iphone's design has completely stagnated. I mean, the iphone 6 wasn't that much different despite the size and round edges. It was still the exact same kind of concept as ever. Then you have the 6s that is literally a carbon copy and now the 7 is set actually be fucking uglier than it's predecessor. Meanwhile, the s7 edge looks fucking outstanding and makes the iphone look like something from 5 years ago. It's kinda embarassing already tbqh.

It's my opinion that Johnny isn't a passionate young man with a rock star of industry to impress any more in Steve Jobs. He's a middle aged near billionaire who hired people he "deeply trusts" to fill his shoes. And as long as sales are climbing, he doesn't care any more to scrutinize the small details. However, if things go wrong, he also has a shield for his legacy at the expense of those whom he "deeply trusts."

Thats MHO.

The Note 7 is pretty fantastic, they finally have a real Black color instead of that cancerous "Samsung blue".

reddit

Reminder that Scott Forstall is the rightful successor to Jobs. A genius that is known for being a complete dick that has since gone on to become successful in other fields - just like Jobs. Was ousted by dicks from Apple, just like Jobs. Will return to Apple when they become another laughing stock in the near future (after the disastrous sales of future iDevices for removing the 3.5mm headphone jack)

Just have him change his skin color and they'll hire him on the spot.

>Apple is pretty much run by the marketing department now

Not really. They design and make a lot of their own chips.

I was here since before reddit was popular, so, not really.

See. This is the shit I can't stand. Instead of a powerhouse dGPU for its Pro customer's, 2016 Apple will instead intergrate an "eloquent" rip off of an AliumWhere or Razor laptop. Nu-Apple couldn't give a damn about its Pro users. With the exception of the iPad Pro. Which is really damn good for the small market it serves.

Samsung needs to get its shit together and do something else about the space on their upper and lower bezels. Dunno, there's something off about them, including that fucking hideous home button, that simply need to go but I can't really put my finger on what specifically besides that. The screen is fucking god tier though. The iphone would be pretty as fuck if it had the same design philosophy because even though the bezzels are still there, I kinda like what they did with their home button. And yes, that samsung blue shit is fucking horrendous, maybe that's what was actually bothering me about the s7 edge at the store. The gold version looks fucking sweet though.

What are examples of Apple product quality declines?

that shirt is a laughing stock

Steve Jobs is DEAD
Walt Disney is DEAD

Name somebody living you can even mention in the same breath as them.

Bill Gates

>Microsoft anything
>good

please be joking

>They design and make a lot of their own chips.
With a big chunk of the silicon space used to cheat SHA1 benchmarks, giving massively inflated Geekbench 3 scores. Although, the entire ARM industry is now guilty for it.

RMS
M
S

The Samsung logo on the front needs to go, I think that's the only change they need.

Billy G is the father of modern computing, squirt

Oprah Winfrey

It's irrelevant when discussing "they're just run by marketing" when they fucking make their own chips. It doesn't matter what the benchmarks are.

Applel was never a great computer company to begin with. They're a gadget company primarily and have been since the iPod.

This, they ONLY make hands down the best laptop computers available :')

>yet he died for his belief in homeopathy and natural remedies. Ironic.
he died of AIDS, I cant figure out why anyone on Sup Forums would deny that. wikileaks uncovered the proof of him being diagnosed with AIDS. There was never any proof that he had cancer or had any operation. This homeopathic remedy stuff was all a cover

was going to disagree but really it is kind of shitty looking, the logo itself isn't terrible but it really adds to that "sub-par feature phone" look that really just rubs me the wrong way when it comes to their products

all he did was port and clone shit to other platforms, even NT was designed by poached DEC engineers