Music players

What are the best for winblows and/or linux, and why?

Linux ncmpcpp and Winblows foobar2000. Both are lightweight and highly customizable.

Linuxv- deadbeef
Windoze - have no idea.

moc

MPD and a client for it. Ncmpcpp for in terminal listening, gmpd for a graphical front end. Wanblows, AIMP with an ncmpcpp skin.

Win billy
Linux mpd

Winamp is still very comfy on Windows.

I still use Winamp. Haven't found many good players on Linux.

On Windows:

MusicBee - Feature rich, very customizable, actively developed, pretty.

Spotify - Requires a paid subscription or adblocker program for a good experience, huge library of music at your fingertips, UI is decent but not amazing, essentially not customizable at all, development is halted or extremely slow.

Foobar2000 - Limited (but good) feature set which can be heavily expanded by 3rd party addons, less usable out of the box, pinnacle of customization, gets you mid-tier ricer nerd cred.

Some linux cli bullshit you can run in cygwin - Miserable feature set, requires hours of work to be usable, never as functional as a normal program, gets you a lot of ricer nerd cred, unique look.

Linux: ncmpcpp
Windows: musicbee
Multiplatform: spotify

mpd+ncmpcpp

STRAIGHT OUT THE FUCKIN DUNGEONS OF RAP

Windows - Foobar 2k
Linux - Clementine

Which version of winamp should i get?

The latest version (5.666) should be good. It still plays everything and runs incredibly well on today's 4+ core boxes.

spotify famalam. don't forget to follow for patrician music.

More importantly:
Why do I get shit on for using iTunes

>winblows
Winamp, obviously
>linux
I like MOC (music on console), but Rhythmbox isn't too bad. For some reason it crashes a lot but I think that's partly because my music collection is too large for it to handle properly.

It's a bloated featureless piece of crap designed for zombie consumers.

Yeah but it works with my pocket toaster. Changing album art and artist names on shared music is pretty easy on it, and playlists are basically effortless to make. What other features could you want?

Windows - MusicBee
OS X - literally nothing is acceptable. iTunes, I guess.

>gmpd
did you mean gmpc?

Ability to add playable formats with optional plugins.

windows: foobar2000
OS X: iTunes, Cog, maybe cmus
Linux: all GUI ones suck, cmus or other console alternatives may be ok