Will the PS4K actually play 4K games for $400?

will the PS4K actually play 4K games for $400?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications#APU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes, but only in 20-30 fps.

My £1700 PC can't play modern games on ultra at 60 fps. So you will probably have graphics even more potato than play station is allready or it will run at 10 fps.

>consolefaggotry
What's the best distro for girls who love other girls?

Just look at the PS4's hardware you blistering faggot.
No game developer can fart magic out his ass - you'll either have horrible graphics at 30fps (but hey, they can market that shit as 4k super-ultra HD) or you'll have mediocre graphics at 15-20fps.

angry birds are 4k

Looking at this from a PC gamer point of view it is ONLY good. The vast majority of our titles are defined by and almost entirely fgunded by their console sales. When the consoles increase in power we gain the ability to use more of our PC. Dx 12 could potentially be fucking HUGE too. I cannot believe it took Microsoft this long to capitalize on their PC gaming stranglehold. It makes more sense to just sell the Xbox 3 as a modular PC with some kind of easy install system for new hardware.

This. Higher resulution doesn't mean better geaphics. You can upscale every game, but the graphics won't be better.

OP Here, thanks for the replies. I was debating this with a friend and he said it could - stating "specialized hardware" as the reason. His argument that PC's couldn't do the same at a similar price point was because PCs are "generalized hardware," unlike consoles. It got to the point where he didn't want to discuss further, saying I was never going to believe him and that I was too pessimistic about what consoles could do.

I had a similar conversation with a friend of mine. It ended with just "we'll find out eventually*

they're literally going to have 980s in them

Your friends are more retarded than niggers raised in Detroit.
Have 'em look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications#APU - the PS4's hardware is somewhere between a low-end & a medium-end PC.

You need games for that first.

I declare this the new OP

Prolly Debian being SWJ-controlled and all

Dykes will probably fit in on debian, it's the official OS for social justice.

the PS4K will have newer, better hardware

It could use that for some very simplistic games but since most games seem to be rendering under 1920x1080 still, I doubt any developer would opt to use 4k and then scale everything down so the game looks like literal garbage and/or runs like shit while at it too.

It will play 4k video, not games.
Do you really thought a shitty amd apu would be capable of rendering games at 4k?

The PS4K, according to all the leaks, does not have the proper hardware to do 4k gaming. It would have 4k video apparently, but not gaming.

I hope you die.

With checkerboard rendering and the framerate "upscaling" that Sony uses in their VR gear, 4K gaming could be quite doable.

He will. And so will you. Hopefully soon.

I thought this was already clear.

both the ps4k and xbox one scorpio will again struggle to mainting 60fps with a sub 1080p resolution.
the only thign thats gonna be 4k is the output which is just upscaled. i assume they will use a hardware upscaler to make it not seem obvious to normies.

nothing will change op.

You did a poor job of building a computer, sorry your mom have you her credit cars.

My 1200 dollar build can

My fury X does alright at 4k

Of course it wont do 4k gaming. It would need a zen APU with HBM 2 on package for that