Okay, looking for a Linux distro. Here's what I'm asking of it:

Okay, looking for a Linux distro. Here's what I'm asking of it:

>must be lightweight (I'm on a Pentium D 945 @ 3.40 GHz w/ 4GB RAM and using a GeForce GT 610)

>must be easy to use (I am coming from Windows so this is a biggy)

>Customizable

>I'm a casual user so I'm not doing anything too extreme, mainly shitposting and using Skype.

What would be the best distro for me?

>inb4 gentoo and arch

Other urls found in this thread:

help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fedora 24

xubuntu or lubuntu

>>must be easy to use (I am coming from Windows so this is a biggy)

Manjaro

elementary os

This

I recommend Arch

>must be lightweight
Doesn't get more lightweight.

>must be easy to use
Just follow the guides.

>Customizable
You can change everything.

>I'm a casual user so I'm not doing anything too extreme, mainly shitposting and using Skype.
Same here and I've never regretted choosing Arch instead of some pre-configured shit.

How resource heavy is elementary?

>Lubuntu
Isn't LXDE dead?

Currently looking at different spins of it. I have my eye on MATE and XFCE

this is not a bad choice for op desu

I'm running a Pentium D 950 w/4GB RAM (though the mobo's stupid design only 3GB is available, though Windows shows all 4GB).

I use CentOS7 on mine, mainly to be compatible with my Linux client running RHEL7. If it wasn't for that I'd probably be running Fedora.

>>Isn't LXDE dead?
why do you care? That's for the distro maintainers to worry about.

>follow a guide down to the subatomic particles
>it still gives you a boot error

Why would you want to use something that is no longer maintained?

LXDE is dead, yes. You should use LXQT instead.

>pentium D
>4gb ram
>gt 610
Literally any distro will run well on that.

>How resource heavy is elementary?
see this:

See, Not OP but, I find slowdown on heavier DEs such as KDE, Unity, and GNOME 3 when I had my Pentium D.

I have two USB drives so I'll put Fedora 24 XFCE on one and eOS on the other and see which one performs better.

OP has a dedicated gpu and enough ram to run gnome, unity and kde flawlessly. Your slowdowns could have been caused by disk i/o, not enough ram or the use of an integrated graphics.

distro: archbang, crushbang, arch minimal debian or ubuntu install (see help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD)
de: openbox/pekwm+tint2, jwm, icewm, awesome or i3

I really, really suggest just going with Linux Mint man. Either Xubuntu or Linux Mint is your best option.

Mint gets a lot of hate on here, but honestly, it's just a better version of Ubuntu. I really don't understand why people hate it because their website was hacked once. That could happen to literally anyone.

I have no such issue on my Pentium D machine (this one: ). Gnome and KDE are both good, I just happen to prefer MATE because I really like the old Gnome DE and MATE delivers it.

Deepin + Pink wallpaper + dragon dildo

My personal preference would be for something Arch based like Manjaro or Antergos, but you'd probably be better off with Ubuntu or Mint.

linux mint is nice, it feels like a mac