What is some technology that is holding back technology?

What is some technology that is holding back technology?

CPUs

GPUs are just faster at everything

Macbooks

everything you like that I don't like

floating point math is irrelevant for the majority of home computing tasks other than gaymes

OLD PEOPLE ARE HOLDING THE WORLD BACK, BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT CHANGE.

Every time I Hear that a baby boomer has died, I rejoice.

Or highly complex science calculations

why does Sup Forums hate games so much?

x86

autism mostly. Sup Forums is one of the most (Clinically) Autistic boards on the site.

web anything

THIS

which doesn't fall into the home use category by a long shot

never said gaymes were shit, just that they're one of the most FP heavy tasks you can do at home

also you fucking children turn this place into a pleb fest and I wish you would all shut the fuck up

dual-cores and ddr3

Apple memes
The Cloud
Patented stuff

That's not true you need to take that back

This

By 2020 there won't be upgradeable laptops and everyone would have the USB-C

>home use category

OP didn't specify home use my friend

power limitations

AMD not actually being smart and letting Intel get away with "special" k processors and Nvidia gimping there old cards

we're already almost there. Haswell Generation Might've been a huge meme, but it was legitimately the last series of laptop CPU's we'll see that isn't soldered.

Oh my god that is horrific

Windows, this and communist licenses like GPL.

>GPUs are just faster at everything
No they aren't.

>floating point math
GPUs are also great at some integer math. It's a matter of how the problem is structured, not whether it's integer or floating point.

Flash

windows

Because Sup Forums is cancer.

the rapid expansion in computing power
in a world where the average person has around 4gb of ram to work with, not only have inneficient development practices been allowed to slide by, but it's encouraged inneficient languages and development """standards"""
oh and closed source anti freedom bullshit

>Patented stuff
/thread

Batteries. We need better batteries.

>tfw no week of battery life

that probably belongs to Sup Forums

Because Gentoo doesn't run AAA games, so Sup Forums is butthurt. But, at the same time, they won't install Windows back because of their autism.

NTFS
Samba
Basically every proprietary standard that is competing against a better free standard and is winning simply because it's on OS that just werk.

AMD

C and C-like syntax. It's development is horrifically slow, and I can't wait it's gonna be replaced by a modern language. Like, rust. Or something similar. I simply do not understand the praises it's getting. It's unsafe, makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot, and the development cycles are loooooooong.
Ok, it COULD have place in unimportant embedded device development. But nothing in the world should allow that language to come close to any security feature. Memory mismanagement cases are found every n months. Integer overflows and shit are everyday business... This needs to stop.

I know this feel.

social media