/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Exclusive: Photos of the 2016 Nexus "Sailfish" in the [metallic] flesh
androidpolice.com/2016/08/14/exclusive-photos-of-the-2016-nexus-sailfish-in-the-metallic-flesh/

The $60 Amazon Prime phone, the BLU R1 HD has had its kernel source officially released
forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/blu-r1-hd-ready-devs-t3439272

Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime Gaming and Heating Review - Best Budget Smartphone for Gaming?
youtube.com/watch?v=nZdI0n8_lR4&

7 day review of the Note 7. Performance, battery, memory management, etc.
youtube.com/watch?v=_gM5bjFjJi4

BLU R1 HD Amazon phone unboxing and initial overview
youtube.com/watch?v=5uXTxYar1pY

HTC Desire 10 Pro and Desire 10 Lifestyle to be released in September
phonearena.com/news/HTC-Desire-10-Pro-and-Desire-10-Lifestyle-to-be-released-in-September_id84118

Is Qualcomm prepping a second generation Snapdragon 652 chipset?
phonearena.com/news/Is-Qualcomm-prepping-a-second-generation-Snapdragon-652-chipset_id84129

old

Other urls found in this thread:

wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US#_=_
youtube.com/watch?v=ktkVQk2ypTg
ebay.com.au/itm/Sonim-XP6-AT-T-GSM-UNLOCKED-Android-Rugged-Waterproof-Military-Grade-XP6700-/322191133874
ebay.com.au/itm/Sonim-XP6-AT-T-GSM-UNLOCKED-Android-Rugged-Waterproof-Military-Grade-XP6700-/322114512433
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FIRST for chain phone

Head here and look at table view wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US#_=_

>free accessory when you buy a smartphone in Brazil

it should be standard with every phone

true, considering how insecure android and ios are.

is it worth it?

No.

i have a note 5, is the note 7 a worthy upgrade? IDGAF about microSD

So, some launchers have an issue with the notification/quicksetting menu lagging horribly on Marshmallow. (Nova even pops a warning up with this info, which I thought was interesting.)

What launchers (that are worth using) lack this problem?

seems like the same shit only gayer
been like that since to note 2

>best screen on the market
>better build quality
>gorilla glass 5
>better in-hand feel
>faster
>less prone to overheating
>better materials
>new s-pen
>waterproof

Yes.

Action Launcher doesn't suffer from that problem desu

get a one plus 3 senpai

axon 7 nig

i need a cheap phone to replace my galaxy S5 because i broke it. i don't want to pay over 200 bucks. i'm on verizon and i have unlimited data still so no upgrades for me.

talk me out of getting a refurbished Xperia Z3V for $99.

Guys I hope you will help the Polish scummy poorfag which I am.
Im in need of buying a phone but it has to be bought in a physical store. I don't have much choice but moto g 2/16, Huawei y6 pro, Alcatel pop 4s(most expensive and lacks screen protection) or chink for half the price cubot note s.
These are my main picks but available are also honor 4c/x, Huawei p8 lite, Asus laser (2gb/410snap) and LG k10(mtk/snap).
Itd be lightly used, no games or social media. I just want it to last me for at least 2 years. All the above look sufficient to me and all are very similar so im fucking confused.
Currently running s3 mini on custom rom that makes it really usable but it's too small and humiliating while multi tasking.

Anyone here know when Zenfone 3 line will hit the states?

I was at a store yesterday and holy shit the iphone 6s looks like a fucking dumbphone next to the s7 edge. This made me realize I was actually expecting Apple to be the first one to ditch bezzels and yet their phones still have those fucking HUEG blocks all over the place as if nothing's changed for many years already. What the fuck is up with that? Where's their supposed MUH INNOVATION? The iphone used to look so much better than all the other phones a few years ago but it's like their design has completely stagnated.

I have a normal Z3 myself I got two weeks ago and I really like it. But check if everything is working well on the phone, including things such as GPS (use the GPS Test app to see if you can get a fix) and whatnot because mine was kinda borked since I got it used. Ended up having to waste more than I was planning to in order to get all the little details fixed.

Otherwise I really love it. Don't trust the water proof meme.

>United States
>ATT
>$200-$400
>Android

Was thinking about the OnePlus 2. Is that too outdated now?

it'd be from ebay, so i would have to wait until it got shipped. maybe i'll check craigslist first.
>Don't trust the water proof meme.
are you saying it isn't waterproof? that was one of the features i was most interested about.

also i forgot to mention in my post but also are any of the best buy cheap unlocked phones worth a shit? was looking at the BLU XL but it looks like a cheap chinese phone.

Steve Jobs died.

Looking to get a new phone, as my S3 is falling apart. Any suggestions for something similarity sized with an mSD slot at about $200-$250 CAD?

What's a phone that would function similar to the Nexon 7 but below 400$? I don't know if I want to invest too much in a good phone anymore, I just want to play Pokemon GO without too much trouble.

No Redmi 3 please, I live in the US and want to use TMobile.

Thought this was a meme until I'd looked it up an found out this is an actual thing (still a meme though)

If you really need the keyboard, I don't think there's a better option.

Still terrible, though.

Can anyone recommend a good android phone around 150-200 GBP in the UK? Thing is, I am going to move soon to Hungary, so I need a new phone possibly factory unlocked. Was looking at Oneplus x or 2, but I am not convinced. Any ideas? I am not really a phone person, I just need it for basic things - I don't game or watch films on it etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=ktkVQk2ypTg

stop giving this half-wit views. not even for cringe factor

>he's a half-wit because he doesn't behave like a drooling retard over phones

lmao

Why are you so mad though?

end yourselves please.

Probably mad someone made fun of his retarded phone collecting hobby.

Actually after having seen It's pretty much confirmed.

it has nothing to do with phones, i didn't even bother watching the video. I've seen other things by that guy before and they're all awful. he is a simple minded idiot who likes to yell so edgy fedora-lords can be anti-everything and justify it.

please grow up.

so is there a big performance dispparity between the RN3P 3gb vs 2gb?

I'm watching some videos and it seems there isn't much, if any.

They must've named the Galaxy Edge after you.

Buy phone now or wait till nexus release?

Wow you're really pretentious aren't you? Another one of those 16 year old "my humor is superior to yours" kids.

>it has nothing to do with phones
>didn't even bother to watch it

And stupid.

the note 2 was a gay note 1
only good notes are 1 and 3

The Note 7 manages to have worse RAM management than the Note 5.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm just gonna wait it out. If the new Nexus turns out to be shit, a cheap 6p or OPO3 will be waiting for me.

Wow I wish I was as mature as grown up as yourself.

Having an inferiority complex doesn't make you a grown up by the way.

It does on my Z3C which is running Marshmallow. Is it not a problem for every device running 6.0+?

what a fucking sperg

I'd honestly wait.

Aggressive doesn't mean bad, and we've only seen the Exynos version so far.

>people going on about ram
>on a fucking mobile phone

what the fuck man

/spg/ = sperg

Steve died
Apple desing dies

but at least the SE is the last remnant of a great iphone overall

What's the best phone for somebody that spends every waking moment at a desktop computer? I suspect that I may not need a smart phone.

just get a phone that was a flagship years ago

What's the best solution to force Android to output mono only when headphones are plugged in? I'm deaf in one ear and am sick of getting two entirely different mixes depending on which cup I put on which ear.

This years nexus is going to be fucking fire.

Fuck you for putting your feet on the seats. Dirty ass shoes. Other people sit there, faggot

It'll be fucking shit if it still doesn't allow expandable memory.

>the absence of one secondary feature makes a phone shit
I bet you also believe that any phones without front stereo speakers are automatically shit-tier

ebay.com.au/itm/Sonim-XP6-AT-T-GSM-UNLOCKED-Android-Rugged-Waterproof-Military-Grade-XP6700-/322191133874
ebay.com.au/itm/Sonim-XP6-AT-T-GSM-UNLOCKED-Android-Rugged-Waterproof-Military-Grade-XP6700-/322114512433

>charger actually costs more than the phone itself

how to stop wlan_rx_wake? I know it's something to do with my router but I'm not sure what to do.

>if I can't carry my 10PB of Chinese cartoons and ISO tools, the phone is useless
This is how you sound.

sorry, internal storage isn't enough to store all the nudes from your mom

>I'm happy to pay for extra space via a fucking phone model than being able to pay for the base and use my own memory card
>restrictions are a-okay

That's how fucking moronic you sound.

Retard.

>secondary feature

It's a pretty fucking big feature. Paying a set price for what the phone companies expect just for a little extra space is fucking stupid.
Just give me a 32gb with sd features. I'm not giving into your jew bullshit Google.

this

oh yes google please fuck me in the ass and try pushing your online storage crap deeper in my arse ooh push my shit in further ooh yeah who needs options

Sorry I thought people loved Android phones because of the freedom and customization. since when did you Google dick-riders start being okay with restrictions and blindly paying them extra for what space they are allowing you?

I bought a golden regular s7 for 460 dollaroos on craiglists, It's meh tier, 700 dollars for a girl sized kinda pretty looking phone is fucking retarded, the edge is probably a lot better, I called the (Phone Dealer) and I asked him if I could give him 100 dollaroos for the edge in exchange for the s7 and he said ok. I honestly don't understand why anyone would pay soo much money for these piece of shit phone's, the os is fucking garbage, you would think that you would get a shiny new os. At least Iphone makes me feel better than everyone else, this piece of shit looks like all the other shit android phones. I'm just going to buy the new (borrowed iphone 7) from the phone (dealer) and give the good nosed jew a run for its shekels.
>inb4 blog post

>phones without front stereo speakers are automatically shit-tier

They are. Except for the HTC10.

Why are dual front facing speakers dying out?

2016 was supposed to be the year I upgraded.

>Why are dual front facing speakers dying out?

laziness and too much focus on stupid shit like screens going down the sides of phones

Turn off wifi when phone is asleep ya dingus.

Might be slightly off topic but I need some help g/

Broke my screen on my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active today. Have an old Samsung Galaxy Avant from t-mobile but it won't read my SIM card.

Any tips on unlocking the phone? Prefer not having to pay for it.

I bought an HTC 10 and I've been loving it. However the god damn vibrate is nuts. It doesn't look like there is any way to set notifications to just make a sound rather than make a sound and vibrate. What the hell? Am I gonna have to wait for custom roms just to do something as basic as this?

you can turn off notification vibrations in settings can't you?

No, or if there is i can't find it for the life of me. There are three "sound profiles" you can choose. Normal, Vibrate, and Silent. Normal is both sound and vibration, Vibrate is just that (without sound), and Silent is self-explanatory.

but why does it happen?

Well he's definitely not wrong about the iTards, and phones being purposefully made to be more fragile (Samsung). Also getting hype over a screen really is retarded.

>forgetting 4

I can get it to boot to edl following those instructions, but I can't detect the device in MiFlash or Device Manager afterwards.

Bump
I have to get it tomorrow.

Sorry for the lack of formatting tho.
I don't need opinions or reasoning I'll appreciate just telling what would you choose.

Getting fed up with my g flex 2, I have all cores throttled to under 1ghz and it still heats itself into to shutting down. I'm probably going to pass it to my mom who's smartphone died on her (just bricked out of the blue, nothing seems to recover it) but I want recommendations for my replacement under 300 usd.
I've been eyeing the Honor 5X.

Surprised to see my image still being used

Why does Samsung always build their phone with the latest hardware and to be honest they look god tier now but they still manage to stutter and have the ram management problem.
The s7 edge and note 7 both look so amazing but what keeps me away is the same thing that is bugging me with my s5: the lag
I don't know if that's an android problem or just Samsung specific.

I really love android but I had never the same fluent experience I had with an iphone (I still prefer android nowadays).

>is there any phone that is flagship tier and lag free?
>are nexus devices better in terms of software optimization?
>will HTC do good or bad with the new devices?

Jailbreaker here, is paying for tweaks a bigger meme than buying an iPhone? I mean, you already jailbroke the phone, why jailbreak just to pay someone else?

Hi Locutus

I just got the moto g4 for 300$ CAD brand new guys. Did I fuck up? My s4 died today after being dropped hundreds of time it finally let up. Going on vacation tomorrow night so I needed a phone asap. I could of possibly got a new moto g3 for around 150$.

I was going to wait for the new nexus 2016 but my s4 just didn't make it that long. I guess I could use this phone for a couple of months. Did I make the right purchase?

You did okay
Get the new Nexus or the HTC 10
Honor 5X is fine, otherwise look at the chart

Who the fuck uses blackberry in this day and age? Also who the fuck likes physical rinky dinky keyboards when swipe typing is faster and more efficient than ever?

I'm still fucking salty cellphones stopped having QWERTY keyboards.

Fuck off, physical>touch for typing.

Pic related, best keyboard for the price. I only switched to a modern phone because it was too old to render HTML5.

It's slow and uncomfortable, swipe typing is much faster, can be done one handed, is more precise, etc. Also I assume physical keys would be subject to wear, shit will get stuck in the cracks, build quality will be compromised, etc.

>swipe typing is much faster

Arguable. The time needed for choosing the proper word can diminish the gain.

>can be done one handed

Agreed (unless you have a fuckhueg phablet)

>is more precise

Exact opposite. I have to rewrite every other word because of how imprecise it is, and the Andorid dictionary is shit EVEN IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, not to mention my slavspeak where it doesn't even have the most basic grammar.

Pretty much this.

So i broke my galaxy s2 after 5 years of use and need a replacement. The RN3P seems nice if i could slap a custom OS on it and remove chinaman but i worry about its internal battery. Anyone know what to do when it gets old? is it replaceable if i open up the entire phone?

How big of a hassle is it to install a custom OS? Do i need extra tools like flashers? i hope not!

Also looking for a new phone for my brother. Cant get him chinkshit due to disintrest.

I was considering the galaxy J5 (2016) but it comes at the same price as the LG G3, moto G4 and the nexus 5X but has worse performance.

LG G3 is slightly cheaper than nexus 5X and about the same price as Moto G4. It comes with a replaceable battery and SD card slot that the Moto G4 and X5 lacks. The downside being a 1440p resoluton draining battery and performance

Any reason for chosing the X5 or moto G4 over the LG G3? It seems to be a good deal or am i missing something here?

i thinking to get a sony xperia m5 (on black friday)
worthy and what other phone do you guys recomend?

just don't be stupid about waterproof phones, don't get it wet unless you have to. Waterproofing is generally ruined once the phone is repaired/opened up.

Is it possible to have a control-center like quick toggles in Android?
I've switched from iOS, and I really prefered that, to swiping from the top of the screen to reach a few toggles.
HydrogenOS seems to have that functionality, but I'm not going to install it as it's a chinarom and also doesn't support my language

You might also consider the Z3, which is roughly the same price nowadays but has more power under the hood and probably a better battery

best podcast and gallery apps for android (chuwi hi8) lollipop?

>Antennapod
doesn't let me change the download location to the sdcard.

>chuwi hi8
quickpic for more chink botnet

I don't know if it's the "best", but I use Pocket Casts (which does let you change storage to SD) and it's worked swimmingly for me.