I'm thinking of installing Arch Linux, is it true that it breaks a lot?

I'm thinking of installing Arch Linux, is it true that it breaks a lot?

No

Just do Gentoo, portage is better than pacman

arch has been more stable for me than anything else has, even while subjected to a lot more fuckery than the rest.

ubuntu even breaks itself all the fucking time. One time I literally did a clean install, booted it, shut it down (cleanly), then turned it on again and it was borked. After every fucking upgrade it spams "unknown system error" too. fucking meme distro

Dunno user. It just works for me

Nope.

not as long as you follow a few simple rules.
1. never run pacman -Sy, only -S or -Syu, -Sy will result in partial upgrades that 99% of the time is harmless, but 1% of the time will fuck shit up.
2. read the arch news before upgrading to make sure there isn't additional steps or known issues with recently released core packages. Rare, but the time you don't check will be the time a core package you depend on is borked.
3. pay attention to the messages you get when installing or upgrading. follow any instructions given, and update your config files where necessary if a new one shipped with the new version of the package.

It is the real linux

Thanks everyone

I installed it 2weeks ago still works. - Syu didn't couse any problem yet

Just save -Syu for when you have a free weekend and after reading the news on your website and you'll be fine. You can be more reckless with it but you might have something break at a bad time.

No, the only breakage I had was when I made a mistake as a noob and executed two desktop environments in my xinitrc.

I thought Debian was Linux for lesbians.

Yeah, this is more like what Arch is.

that's what I had going for me, except it's been around 4-5 months

all but one of my machines run arch now, I guess I fell for the meme

>bmi 39

Pretty much this.
Arch breaks sometimes, but less than premade distributions.

I think there's definitely a need for "I'm thinking of Arch, is it true that it breaks a log general" thread so that everyone can talk about their fears and urge to poop on Arch in a more organized manner.

I don't understand why people are still asking the first linux distro they shoud use out of friendly thread though.

Ran single install for over 6 months now as noob just looking at wiki. No breakages.

Because they don't want a friendly discussion?
But Arch general is really necessary imo.

Nope

Never broke for me, after i set it up right.

Memes!

What's the left grill impaled for?

Installed arch 1 year ago. Never had issues.