Windows 10 Hate Thread

Previous threads:

We all know that Windows 10 has it's issues.
Discuss why you are staying or leaving to a previous Windows OS like 7, or 8.

Also discuss ways that we can make Windows 10 more passable by removing spyware, and or making it look more like Windows 7.

Useful links:

heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/58464-Windows-Loader-Download?p=120996&viewfull=1#post120996

forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

Thanks to those that contributed.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/06/12/how-windows-insider-feedback-influences-windows-10-development/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i turned the linux on

LOL! Explain a little more, I like how you made your distro look.

That's just pretty sad, why go out of your way to hate windows when it's easier to just use something you don't hate and move on to doing productive shit with your life

Because unironically hating on Windows or any operating system at this point shows a complete lack of technical skill with computers.

Guaranteed replies of raging NEETs

We are hating on Windows 10, we are Windows users though, just feel like 10 is in beta.

Windows 10 is actually pretty great. Nothing on OSX or Linux comes close to shit like aero snap, like holy shit as of right now it's probably the most useable interface of the three when did that happen?

Then don't use it?
There's always 8.1 or 7

This just seems very counter productive
>instead of doing anything about it, let's just bitch and moan instead

Part of the thread is also trying to make Windows 10 better

lol nice job

Pretty much this. Laptop with 10 & Linux gaming & htpc towers. Very happy with it. OP's the usual faget for the bait thread.

It's like polishing a turd. No matter how shiny you make it, it's going to be shit.

Could literally apply that to anything

When grandma wields linux like a ninja

Yeah because Microsoft employees browse g to see what they should fix with their os.

Or they could simply stop selling w8 and 7 keys and watch people continue eating the shit they push out with w10.

If you want to fix w10, you should just go to another os. When enough people do this, they'll fix it up to get their sales back

If you want to fix w10 use the feedback app

you're drunk shill, go home

what? What's wrong with the feedback app?

Loonix doesn't play games

I hate W10 but I don't see any real alternative. In case I'm really paranoid about searching for loli or something I have an Ubuntu installation but I don't use it much.

You fucking idiot lmao.

Give me one meaningful change that's been made with the feedback app.

Voting with your wallet is far more effective, using the feedback app literally says I've already given you the money now change things

Not to mention external pressure, the problems given to the feedback app wont be shown to the public and the problems will be shown less and therefore public backlash will be minimized leading to less change

whats stupid about what he said, he's more or less right

I'm sure plenty of decisions have used feedback from the app to determine implementation. MS has even said so in the official dev blog

>Give me one meaningful change that's been made with the feedback app.

here:

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2015/06/12/how-windows-insider-feedback-influences-windows-10-development/

So I saw a bundle of Windows 10 Pro that came with a 480GB SSD for a very low price for a SSD of that size.

There's got to be a catch to this. Maybe the SSD is shit? No idea. It's a Crucial BX200 which I know nothing about.

I know this is more to do with the SSD than W10, but still I'm curious if anybody knows anything about this SSD.

Probably not as bad as you think. Retail sales of Windows has never been a huge revenue source for MS

No meaningful changes mentioned.
No changes mentioned atall.
Did you even read it?

did you?

I'm not counting "Hey Cortana" because it's for phones, who the fuck uses voice controls for a pc?

they also already knew there was a problem

What's wrong with what I said? Only way to give them the right message is to stop giving them money.
That also means stop using their product.

Just go back to w8.1 or 7, all your programs will still work.

Microsoft doesn't listen to you, they listen to the cash flow

It's pretty cool that you can just yell at your PC while it's sleeping to do shit

I dunno, this brand seems kinda cheap.

I'm usually a bit wary of cheaper brands when it comes to parts unless it's a name I'm familiar with.

i tried using various tools to stop the mandatory updates but it will still freeze my screen in the middle of a game or whatever i'm doing to tell me "updates must be installed!"

switched to ubuntu + kde and never looked back

Since when did Sup Forums become shill central?

What's being shilled?

We've had consumer phone threads for years, newfag reddit

Harambe died for this

gr8 b8 8/8

???

>consumer phone threads for years
>windows 10 hate thread

Newfag here. What DE is that?

Oh fuck nevermind. I need to kill myself now.

What about it feels like a beta? It runs a lot nicer than 8 and 8.1 and has tons of awesome functionality. Their file system is pretty damn impeccable as well. I assume there is something you've encountered that I haven't, but in my general use, I have had practically 0 issues. I even upgraded a work computer with 10 year old software and it still works with most of its features (I can't scroll the mouse wheel to zoom on a billing feature).

>go from windows 8.1 pro pirated into windows 10
>get this
I think I'll go down to 7.

>2016
>Using Windows
Even OSX supercedes it at this point.

:(

Welcome to the internet...

Modern internet sucks

We aren't trying to get Microshaft to listen you kent, I was speaking about fixes that we could do like removing spyware and shit.

Yea just go back to 7

So windows data mines.

I'm waiting for Apple to reveal a *new* and *revolutionary* feature in their newest OS that Dedicates 5% of your computer's resources to constantly mining AppleCoin™

Buy a pentium 4 and install xp, stay off the internet.

I've tried installing windows 10 but i keep getting bsods every ten minutes, and my games crash. i went back to 8.1 for mug games. That and i REALY FUCKIN hate that on win 10 you dont have the option to never automatically install device drivers/updates

you have a shit pc you don't know how to use.

Since this thread exists, does that mean i can shitpost in ?

Just spent the afternoon perfecting my beautiful Linux system, booted into a Windows machine and thought, "Windows is so polished"

>TFW Windows 8 is finally considered a good alternative

I really, really do not see why so many people on Sup Forums bother with Windows 10. There is literally no reason to not use Windows 7 instead. So much easier to customize, and compared to W10 it's practically bloat-free.

How is it the users fault when the OS doesn't even let them do anything?

it's the users fault that they're getting BSODs all the time.

There's an invisible "BSOD now"-button?

No clue what I'll do when 3rd-party support for Win7 starts to drop.

Touchscreen graphics +botnets everywhere... OShell

>inb4 GNUtards assume Linux shoe fits my feet
>free as in 'supported in our free-time'...

So I assume you get better support on Windows?

I'm having some issues with search on this piece of shit OS, strangely enough, search while being also garbage worked better before the anniversary update. Look at this shit, in picture 1 I search a song's title, and it finds nothing. Also the icons on top to change which elements to search are mostly missing. If I select to show all results, it finds nothing. If I go to more, and then select music, it finds the correct song.

Is this normal? Also for some reason I have no Cortana and I can't even enable it, even though it should be available in Italy, not that I care about it. Maybe I disabled some privacy setting that killed her for good.

Search is garbage in W10 and it became even worse in 1607, at least when compared to 1507. I have it in a VM and it fails to even find control panel items..

Oh wow it's the fucking che guevera of Sup Forums, because nothing short of a consumer "revolt" could make windows 19 better...

In general I like Windows's wide software offerings (SolidWorks, Rhino, Photoshop, an equivalent for anything on Unix). Its programs tend to approach OSX in terms of finish.

Sorry for the asshole post- it's hard for a Wintard to breathe on Sup Forums sometimes. This summer I've explored Debian Stable with Windows VM, and Hackintosh. Nothing seems to 'just work' aside from my doomed Win7 :^/

>This whole thread
C U C K E D
A G A I N,
W I N C U C K S

Fuck I also have that message about indexing that never goes away. I assume it's a bug and everyone has it?

How do you sleep at night with that ugly ass desktop?

Staying on w10 cause it just werks. It boots faster than the others and it also seems faster overall.

you should check your device drivers for a jam; it looks like you may have a thread in there

I'm thinking of using w10 for mainly vidya or stuff that's demanding and Linux for when I'm just fucking around in the internet.

I have a windows 10 laptop.

And a gf.

Checkmate linuxfags

I find it really odd how the update from my old build to the anniversary edition worked fine, but after I did a fresh install I need to ctrl alt del before I can use the taskbar.

It's just too big a clusterfuck for me to grasp.

Yea it's terrible