Google's New OS

"Google is developing an OS called “Fuchsia,” runs on All the Things"

>androidpolice.com/2016/08/12/google-developing-new-fuchsia-os-also-likes-making-new-words/
>github.com/fuchsia-mirror

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10990789
github.com/fuchsia-mirror/magenta/tree/master/kernel
github.com/grub4android/lk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pajeet OS confirmed

Odds are it'll be trash

>Google is abandoning Linux for their own Botnet

JUST

>Microsoft on deep shit
>W10 crashing and burning
>Everbody, tired with their bullshit now search for a new OS
>People start moving to Ubuntu
>Suddenly, Fuchsia
>Normies get their pants wet at the though of google's brand new walled garden
>Ubuntu becomes irrelevant again and Fuchsia becomes the new W7

I'm okay with this

These threads are way too early. The first stable release would be like, 5 years later or something

It's probably just some lighter-than-linux-kernel embedded crap.

If it runs apps off the play store and has support for OpenGL/Vulkan (while making modern game releases on it trivial to port) it might be time to say goodbye to microsoft.

>windows 7 was alright
>windows 8 turns out to be shit
>windows 8.1 turns out to be shit
>windows 10 turns out to be shit
>question why they are obviously intentionally killing windows
>hear about Fuschia
>the puzzle is complete
>google is gonna be the new windows
>google = government
>unironically install windows to win against the government
It all makes sense now

Was doing some reading on the kernel earlier. It looks neat. Heavily inspired by LK but with greater focus on security.

I hope the desktop Android derivative is based off of Debian. I want out the box .deb compatibility and minimal fuss if I want to try to get steam working.

Found an article about it on Facebook. Looked in the comments

>anime

Which one of you faggots did this

>implying microsoft also doesn't = government

Correct

Normalfags never cared for Ubuntu.

Is the interjection pasta even an obscure pasta?

This.

>assuming they know what it is
I think your overestimating their knowledge desu

Just the next step in Google's plan to become SERN.

>Linux is the worst idea for a smartphone

That guy has probably only used Android.

it's a weebshit profile, I can only assume it's one of you autistic fucks

>weebshit

Seriously?

>People start moving to Ubuntu
Literally who?

>Normies get their pants wet at the though of google's brand new walled garden
No, if it gains any traction at all, it will be on the basis of software support and any default functionality improvements over Windows, on top of being paired with cheap hardware.

>Ubuntu becomes irrelevant again and Fuchsia becomes the new W7
Sure thing.

I'd seriously love to know what world Sup Forums lives in where Windows 10 didn't get a massive install base because of the invasive as fuck free upgrade practice, on top of cheap chink tablets and laptops shipping with 2 GB of RAM and a free W10 license.

Nobody on Sup Forums uses Facebook

Wew lad

Hey, 8.1 was pretty alright actually. It was basically 7 but more efficient. I mean, it wasn't the best and I'd still put it above 10/8 but I think it does deserve some credit in that department.

so why would have they 'leaked' it early w/o documentation if it is to be the next big thing? this seems more like the people who worked on this are about to get sacked and they want to take something with them

If it can't run literally everything windows can as well as it can. No one is going to use it. Sorry.

The second you introduce a tertiary software requirement for both developers and users no ones going to want in. Macs only held on this long because they were actively competitive and latched the macbook branding along with the iphone/ipods success and now fucking every college students required to buy one. Before that, no one really gave a fuck.

PAJEEET

Google is the government, shill. They're giving killary positive results on Google searches and not showing anything negative. They're giving her an unfair advantage

Yes, yesss. Install Google's new OS. None of those insecurities of Linux, no need to worry about accidentally installing apps from third party sources, no more of this silly rooting business. Just leave everything to google and the playstore, we'll make sure you get all of the updates you need (For two years max)

NSA used to protect Microsoft and AMD from pajeet sabotage but the budget only covers Google and Nvidia now.

so magenta is a microkernel design. this one might actually get finished someday. if so I'm excited to see how it compares to openbsd/etc performance wise (linux is probably too huge to make for a proper scientific comparison)

looking at their third-party repos is interesting.

>third_party-clang
>third_party-llvm
does this leave the door open for more languages? if the ensuing kernel is built from llvm's IL then the source doesn't need to be entirely in C...

>third_party-boringssl
I don't know why this is listed as third party seeing as its google's own fork of openssl

>third_party-gcc_none_toolchains
what does this include? make? debugger? autotools?

>third_party-snappy
funny enough, this isn't "snappy packages" but a compression tool also called snappy.

>third_party-qemu
sounds odd to include this now unless they want to build their own kernel-level hypervisor.

overall this all looks unixy as hell and it makes me wonder why they don't just use something that already exists.

This actually looked interesting but then I read Dart was the main language. Google are behaving mentally ill recently, this is what happens when you have pooinloos for CEOs.

Google is smart. They are basically giving away Chromebooks to school districts and students are using them throughout HS.

Many students arrive at college now having never used Microsoft Office at all. It won't be too hard to switch them to a Google OS soon.

I will say this everytime

If they want to bring people away from Windows they have to provide extra software.

And by extra software, yeah, I mean those heavy fucking games and the adobe suite and all that shit.

strawpoll.me/10990789

Literally most of Sup Forums

This strawpoll was done yesterday btw

Google could fucking buy Adobe at this point and make it Chrome OS exclusive.

Their market cap is insanely large.

I would tell them "get on it for fucks sake" but then I remember google is not in any single way better than microsoft.

That's not the point at all of this OS. Take a look at any of the documentation. Read about LK. Don't just post shitty posts like this making everything some dumb competition

What dream world do you live in? linux is going to be irrelevant like it was before and ever will be, win 10 will be the most used like windows always were and will be and google os will have an userbase bigger than linux but nowhere big as windows or mac os

Seriously

Are you retarded?

Doesn't sound bad actually

Google always makes over 9000 versions of everything

How many chat apps do they have, how many OSes do they have? How many email apps do they have?

Please tell me how the second post is dumb or even wrong. It's the only sensible reason Google donates chrome books to schools.

Yes, Ubuntu is literally the most popular Linux distro. Everybody knows this, it's a statistical reality.

That doesn't answer my question though. Literally who are these people moving to Ubuntu from Windows over Windows 10?

who the fuck uses ubuntu?

not normies

not lincucks

literally who is tech savvy enough to install linux but stupid enough that they choose ubuntu...

linus torvalds

Rather than reply to this post I'll open a Google Wave™.

>Anything not gmail,gmaps or the google search engine

TRASHED
R
A
S
H
E
D

hes on fedora

>Ubuntu

Ah, the new newfag OS?

Also, no normalfag moved from W10 to Ubuntu.

>java
Into the garbage!

Hello Yui

REMINDER

Rob Pike and Ken Thompson both work for google now

fedora is literally shit

this

you are right, that shit is just a stripped down linux kernel (little kernel)
>github.com/fuchsia-mirror/magenta/tree/master/kernel
>github.com/grub4android/lk

you have fucked up again google!

Excellent argument

I will switch to this immediately as it comes out.

This.
Just because google is trying something new does not mean the sky is falling

REMINDER

plan 9 is still dead in the water :(

they didn't fuck up, it's just meant for embedded devices
about time too, linux kernel is too big for embedded devices

>linux kernel is too big for embedded devices
nigga, that IS the linux kernel, da fuck u talking about?
the way they are presenting it makis look like it is not minix when it is just a minix alike distro

Riiight. And what would the antitrust authorities say about this? if anything there would be a condition for non exclusivity

At least Google's botnet is useful. If it acts anything like a traditional *nix I might bite the bullet.

The antitrust authorities don't give a shit, user. If they did, Microsoft would have been in deep shit years ago.

>be google
>name your os Fuck Cya

>They are basically giving away Chromebooks to school districts
Only in the US, other countries don't give a fuck about Chromebooks.

If you can't gaming in your new OS, your OS in literally DOA.

>W10 Anniversary update
>Bash on W10
>Got rid of dual boot for sole W10 machine
feels good man

So does this mean I can use tensorflow with the GPU? Or is it like virtualization?

>The Magenta Kernel (kernel/...) is under the MIT License

Stallman got
BTFO
T
F
O

Instead, they care about Microsoft or Apple (or even GNU/Linux, where most kernel contributors live in America, including Torvalds himself)

Stop using 'literally' on every sentence, you Facebook cunts. It doesn't make your opinions any more factual.

Linux will never be relevant to non-nerds. It's too complicated for the average user.

This is the perfect time for jewgle to come in. They succeeded on phones, time to take the desktop desu senpai.

I hate jewgle don't get me wrong, but they'll almost certainly give MS a run for their money which is what we really need. Windows hasn't had a real alternative for years if ever.

Literally.

Rekt.

>Installed Linux Mint on every PC 2 years ago
>I live far away from my home now (530 km)
>My family never got any virus, they pretty much use Chrome all day
>They can't break anything because everything needs a password that only I know

Feels good man

>Google and Microsoft are working together against me as The Man

that's probably because she's not a polemyst who's constantly stirring up shit and getting negative attention on herself

don't blame the media for your candidate being a retard

I think 10 is unarguably the best, with Bash and all. Sue me.