Tech you wish would be released again with updated specs

>tech you wish would be released again with updated specs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pr4oNfF4_Fo
google.com.tr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiK0_PT4MPOAhUJiRoKHe7eCSAQFghbMAc&url=https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/tr-tr/products/gaming/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows/jr9-00010&usg=AFQjCNG70RBQvdwaWGPvSl1MZ9sjb4TJzw&sig2=Vc2rnsN_P4io9DI0nh60HQ
pioneerdj.com/en/product/production/toraiz-sp-16/black/overview/
ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-Priv-STV100-1-32GB-4G-LTE-GSM-AT-T-Black-Unlocked-Smartphone-New-/222203690462?hash=item33bc5f3dde:g:QHMAAOSwTZ1Xm7wL
youtu.be/bw-Soc9o9XU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Sony Ericsson doesn't exist anymore

>what is blackberry priv

>x86
>magnesium frame/plastic body
>removable battery
>non-chiclet keyboard
>touchscreen
>m.2 ssd

Linux netbooks.

Just get a psp go or maybe even a Vita
Also gamepads for phones are getting cheaper.

>all the pictures posted so far have something in common

Yeah, I miss them too.
But the point is to have a phone and console in one which you can put in to your pocket.

Please come back to me! With an updated front and a better screen!

Plus a better processor!

I fucking loved this phone years ago, it was the nuts back in the day. It was pretty small too.

I had this phone. And i love it to this day. Sadly the display broke after 4 years of usage and replacing it would cost me more money than the phones parts are worth.

Haha this faggot literally comes back every 5 weeks posting this same shit about the xperia play.

Get a BT controller, retard. You make this thread every time hoping for someone to have some solution, and it's to get a modern phone with a BT controller. You're like IBM hipsters who can't let themselves use anything more than a t43p

Ibm designed laptop

BT controllers are janky, unreliable and drain battery like crazy.

I'm not clamping my phone to a controller every time I want to play a game.

Hah, you sure are funny. Vita is considered legacy and will not be getting any first-party software anymore. PSP go is fragile, has properitary charging cable, soldered battery (which is half of the PSP1000 battery capacity). Good luck finding any replacement parts.

>bluetooth
get out of Sup Forums pls thx

Fuck the thin revolution, slider phones were comfy.

Just buy a Dualshock 4 and keep in your bag

The sad part of this idea failing is that it would probably be wildly successful if some other manufacturer partnered with Nintendo to do the same damned thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=pr4oNfF4_Fo

enjoy

Most men don't carry a purse, champ.

Meanwhile Nvidia is working with Nintendo on the NX

They were great. Pic related was my first smartphone.

I understand if you do but the rest of the planet uses these things called backpacks and messenger bags

Are there any decent samplers at all, these days?

>DualShock 4
pls get out

>had original OQO
>bought Nokia N800 after seeing the N770 reviewed on TechTV
>bought an N810 when it released
>later bought the N900 too
>had a Sony Vaio P
>and one of these beauties

The Pepper Pad. A concept ahead of its time, far too good to work. Was powered by an AMD Geode embedded X86 chip. It ran whatever Linux you could compile and put on it, had pretty okay community support for a while, and I used it until the battery couldn't hold a charge any more. The touch screen and built in scroll wheel made web browsing and basic UI navigation pretty great. You weren't limited in anyway by lack of input methods.

A modern take on this with a higher performance SoC, bigger battery, and high quality case would be a day 1 buy for me.

Got a better suggestion? Xbone controller?

Many adult men don't carry a bag with them everywhere they go, because of both social stigma and the desire to not be carrying a fucking bag with them everywhere.

Also if I was going to carry a bag around everywhere, I'd just take a handheld console with me, but as the other user said, the entire point of the service in OP's image is having one device you can use for both situations that will fit in your pocket, eliminating the need for multiple devices and/or carrying a man purse.

smartphone with sliding landscape keyboard.

Well if you're going to carry a controller around anyway, that's the best one you can get. What, did a PlayStation touch your penis inappropriately user?

x360 controller (first ones. Every company make their later products much less quality.) is pretty good if you add battery pack. Didn't use xOne controller but they say it's good (that I don't believe. Looks shit quality to me.)

Not Bluetooth retard.

Also they're shit.

Nah. My launch day DS3's are rock solid. My Super Slim DS3's are.. Well... Quite broken after 100 hours. L3 gone, R2 stuck. Later x360's are bad too but launch day ones are pretty comfy.

I mean the first bluetooth ones.

HERE COMES THE TECHNOLOGY HIPSTER CIRCLEJERK

What does any of that have to do with the ds4? They're better made than either of the other two you just suggested and a lot easier to hook up to a mobile device than a 360 pad. Only "valid" complaint about them was early models analog rubbers wearing down and I've only seen that happen mongoloid retards who don't know how to use a thumb stick.

That's not a thing that exists though.

Would like to see with a Zen based APU, 8gb ram, and a 1tb SSD.

Wibrain UMPC.

I wanted one so bad when they came out then sort of forgot about it as there were apparently some serious cons

Why the fuck can't we get a Sony nexus with a slide out physical keyboard?

Why don't good things happen?

>Zen based APU
>not Hinduism based APU

Could AMJeet have picked a worse names for their shit?

They do senpai.
google.com.tr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiK0_PT4MPOAhUJiRoKHe7eCSAQFghbMAc&url=https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/tr-tr/products/gaming/xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-windows/jr9-00010&usg=AFQjCNG70RBQvdwaWGPvSl1MZ9sjb4TJzw&sig2=Vc2rnsN_P4io9DI0nh60HQ

The fact that this had a dpad on the left side made it perfect for emulators.

>Many adult men don't carry a bag with them everywhere they go, because of both social stigma
>backpacks
>stigma

What the fuck are you talking about you giant autistic retard? Do you know what a backpack is?

hopefully sony's next handheld will be an xperia play 2, that shit was amazing for emulators

Got anywhere with specs on that? I don't see Bluetooth mentioned anywhere and as far as I'm aware the only solution they ever offered for wirelessly connecting to pc was their shitty proprietary dongle they released.

Genuinely curious here, I might have missed something since I had to look up the English version myself (don't soak whatever language that was in)

Most adult men in first world countries who aren't autistic don't carry backpacks on a daily basis, in case you weren't aware.

Just get a Vita

No, you are wrong. Have you heard of something called 'work', you filthy NEET? I live in a city, suited men and women both carrying some sort of bag during the working week.

>edge to edge display like the Dell XPS laptops
>reoriented keypad
>built in jog dial
>shoulder buttons for mouse clicks
>dpad on left side
>hard clicky keys like a Blackberry keyboard

I wish UMPCs would make a come back. I'm kind of surprised Samsung or someone else hasn't started releasing flagship Android UMPC phones.

What in the hell are you bringing with you to work that you can't fit in your pockets?

There's one that's going to be released by Pioneer in collaboration with DSI. All yours for a fair price of a small house.

pioneerdj.com/en/product/production/toraiz-sp-16/black/overview/

Have you actually not been outside before or talked to someone who has a job in something? Notes, a fucking laptop perhaps? Are you Amish? Holy shit.

I hope you are kidding. And I am telling it as an ex-Nokia external.

I don't know, but old devices on 2.3 CM7 seem to be ultra comfy.

you can get these for most controller/phone combos at shapeway

maybe the next model

Its $700, thats what it is. Fuuuck that.

The N900 was awesome and I guess this could have been better if it was fixed for commercial release, android app support and gotten better hardware for todays tasks.

Nothing has as good multitasker as the nokia N9XX series.

ebay.com/itm/BlackBerry-Priv-STV100-1-32GB-4G-LTE-GSM-AT-T-Black-Unlocked-Smartphone-New-/222203690462?hash=item33bc5f3dde:g:QHMAAOSwTZ1Xm7wL

I came here to mention n900. Glad to see that nokia/maemo/slider phones have supporters in 2016.

N900 was simply the best phone I've owned.

Now that nokia is gone (for good), I hope there's gonna be an android slider phone one day. What's the deal with them?

Yeah a lot of people think the Dualshock 3 was shit without realizing they got a later shitty model. I've owned three DS3s, one with the normal model number, one with "A1" at the end, and one with "A2" at the end.

The original and A1 are good, but the A2 is an absolute piece of fucking dogshit. I suggest looking at the back of your super slim DS3s for the model number, I bet they're A2s. That being said there's probably differences in production for the exact same controllers with the same model number, and you might get a bad production of a "good" model number. But minor things are noticeable with controllers because they're your fucking input device you're going to be caressing every day.

If it has android on it, it definitely won't sell the way they'd want it to. I think the only way a UMPC would make it in today's market would be if they made one with updated hardware, and a windows/linux option.

A new slider-phone similar to N900 with upgraded specs & updated Maemo OS or Android would be a top tier phone, but oh well...

WHY DOES ONLY JAPAN GET THE COMFY SLIDER/FLIP PHOOONES??
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because Americans fell for the iPhone meme, unfortunately.

WHY DID YOU MAKE A PHONE FOR POWER USERS THAT YOU CANT ROOT YOU FUCKING CANADIAN RETARDS YOU DESERVE BANKRUPTCY

That phone didn't even last 2 years with me. It was a great design with garbage components.

>power user
>cant root
thats just a normal phone. arent there any kernel or android exploits for it?

No nothing, rumors say you need to do a hardmod

>implying there has ever been a single viable reason to root a phone
genuine retard detected

how about no ads?

Hipsters don't belong here I ever see you in person and I will kill you.

The original Xperia play is still great for emulating and basic functions. If anything you can get an android game handheld from one of the many Chinese companies that makes them.

Look for the GPD win, also the Pyra might get a x86 module later down the line.

This has to be bait.

Also I carry this around with me. Decent size, beats lugging around a large backpack if I'm not carrying a lot of stuff. Sure don't feel autistic for carrying this around that's for sure.

youtu.be/bw-Soc9o9XU

You literally just posted the most autistic bag possible short of an MLP backpack.

Not that user but how is it autistic? Plus it looks kind of /fa/ and I like it. Might cop one actually.

this

>inb4 the BB Classic and/or Q10 exisit

Don't they both have shit processors?

This

If there is one thing I liked about Sony is that they at least tried to do something different in their Vaio Laptops.

They all go down in flames, but that is another issue.

Almost bought this one.

They're literally already doing that and I wish I was joking.

The Classic has an Qualcomm S4 Plus. Its a chip that was announced back in 2012. Old as shit 32bit ARMv7 arch.
The Q10 has an even older dual core S4, or a TI OMAP depending on if its an LTE model or not.

They're both pretty shit. Its kind of absurd that the Classic wasn't a $100 device brand new.

Using? None have worked ever.

I wanted to have this until I found out my PSP is a god-tier emulation device.