>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use buyers template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Ajazz-Geek-AK33-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-blue-switch-Black-Switch-Black/32676642219.html?smToken=e0d045214e584e7a9b84e732854db8e9&smSign=00qJu10XGty3YT2JlLJIYQ==
wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/doubleshot-pbt-104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set-black-slate.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology#Mechanical-switch_keyboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

in

>criminals
>on MY board
I'm calling the police

pst hey kid, wanna buy some keycaps

What is more worth my money and less of a meme? Filco mejestouch2 or hhkb? Why doesn't filco use mx clears?

well the HHKB is definitely the superior meme

do you like topre or mx
filcos come in red brown blue and black
i don't think they see enough of a demand for clears

Yeah I know what switches they have an I have like 5 fucking keyboards but I need a new one and this time it's going to be a meme. So which meme should I get, never tried topre, willing to try though, mx clears and blues are my favorite switches thus far in my money wasting career.

get the hhkb then
it's something new

Im buying a KBParadise v60 with gateron browns. Am I doing it right? Is there a better alternative? I'm a bit restricted when it comes to money.
>pic related

Obviously the HHKB

pic related is my dream board, i would give anything to find a cheaper chink version of that

where can I buy keycaps and what kind

my old keyboard isn't working anymore and I'm used to MX blacks, I was originally looking for clears on a ducky shine 5 or 6 but I'm pulling the trigger on a topre typeheaven which is the only semi-serious keyboard currently available right now

the board is the same as the higher end realforce right, but the keycaps are the cheaper ABS ones, I'd really like to know what to buy to replace them because this is for some serious usage, I type way above 200wpm (thx to piano) and I'm starting to get into programming. Thanks user

I got the RK9000V2 with brown switches at ~50% off, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by Rosewill for the second time.

>wanting tenkeyless and 70% boards
why

Because I'm not an accountant, and don't need an attached numpad taking up space.
Plus TKLs are supreme for hand placement when using kb+mouse controls

Only one industrial?

Ganss is literally a Filco clone, and I think they have white ones (but white ones are unfortunately backlit)
The Black ones are almost identical to Filcos tho

If you're not an accountant, you better be one instead of hiring someone to do the counting for you.

>I know how to count
>numpads are for accountants
>words are more meaningful than numbers
>words aren't numbers
>words are more relevant in my usage
>numbers take space
>shortcuts save time
>time is more than a number

ffs taking this too far

not everyone is a cubicle warrior

can someone answer please, I can drop $1k on a keyboard but it just won't go thru customs and I'd rather have my import tax paid in advance. please don't be too elitist, keyboards are just tools there's no reason to be douches about their exclusivity in some gent club.

Who are you quoting?

do you know that the real meaning of > is implying and not a quote

or are you just some fucking newfag

i'm embarrassed for you

don't be, think of yourself. very kind though, I understand the concern with respect and civility yet don't carry that weight on your shoulders, do that for me. there's nothing to be so anal about this, you're in the wrong context to be embarassed for someone unless your internalize all of your feelings and think everything is you, is that grandiosity? I'm not sure. anyway don't feel embarassed for me and I don't mean to offend anyone. cheers

pssht
do i look like i waste money?

I'm a newfag obviously

what's this whole mechanical keyboard meme about anyway

why not just use a rubber dome

Best non-cherry switches for a workplace environment?

cause muh feels

anyswitch with o-rings and put some shelf liner in your keyboard and maybe even Zeal's new Z clips instead of O-rings.

hello

yes

but feels are all subjective anyway how can a piece of plastic feel better than another piece of plastic anyway

it's just a keyboard man

funfact Sup Forums originally had two boards, anime and (anime) random

mech keyboards aren't a meme because they're interfaces between physical actuation and digital registration, in a sense it's a buffer where a mechanical key can negotiate the force of the intended movement and the negotiation of the action towards a digital realm. anything which is an interface is a fair investment; I'll take the example of ground and body, basically gravity, interfaces as shoes, tires, beds that negotiate the interaction between our physical body and a gravitational force in this instance, smoothen out the edge to integrate as seamlessly as possible the fusion of worlds. why post such an obvious troll question on this daily thread? don't mind answering it though, not like my post is gospel

damn that looks awkward to type on

but user a keyboard for five bucks can also send keycodes to your computer

I thought the same before trying it. Actually works quite well, the bezel doesn't get in the way in any noticeable manner.

Money gives you the freedom to become who you truly are. You're not a keyboard right? Tools helped us throughout the evolution of humanity.

>You're not a keyboard right?
I identify as one

fair enough, keyboards are truly underrated and relegated. Whenever you take languages or vocabulary, you have intonation or accentuation that serve some nuance purpose to give color in communication, I'm just drawing this parallel with the beauty of keyboards that still don't relay a depth of sensible communication instead of a hard coded one dimensional binary one, it's very basic yet profound at the same time. Especially now that we're entering the realm of big data and the internet of things where deep intelligence plays a role, the interface of the user is still limited... When you consider movement and the translation of data towards human concepts of logic and application, such an instrument serves too many purposes and usages as a standard when in fact it's really a great interface in every sense

Is there a list of 60% mech keyboard manufacturers?

Get it with Gateron Blacks. Have had mine for a month and I love mine so far.

Forgot pic

I can't really find any blacks and I want to try tactile keys so I'm going with browns. I was just asking if a keyboard like poker II was a better alternative but I think I'm going with the V60 after seeing your sexy keyboard. Where did you get those keycaps BTW?

bro Browns aren't tactile in the way you think they are
they're closer to linear than anything else
the common explanation is reds with dirt in them
ps those are just white blanks you can get gateron blanks for like $30-40 on mechanicalkeyboards.com

i just got myself a btc 5100c .

Gateron blacks guy here. They are Originative thick PBT blanks. They feel dope with the smoothness of Blacks

nice reddit meme space bar

>Budget
110€
>Location (continent at least)
Germany
>Preferred switch type
I guess MX Brown or something similar, this will be my first mechanical keyboard and I don't know anyone who owns one to test them out.
>Layout
ISO, it's the common type in Germany and I am used to it.
>Form factor
100% with media keys
>Backlight
Preferable
>Previous/current keyboards
Microsoft Sidewinder X4, I like it.

I looked a bit around and found the Logitech G610 for 80€, is this a good deal?

:^)))))))

Hi /mkg/
I'm still on a rubber dome, is this a step up, or should I not even bother?
aliexpress.com/item/Ajazz-Geek-AK33-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard-White-blue-switch-Black-Switch-Black/32676642219.html?smToken=e0d045214e584e7a9b84e732854db8e9&smSign=00qJu10XGty3YT2JlLJIYQ==

Forgot the edition 2/10

opinion on MechanicalEagle?

thoughts on the new gmk plum?

(geekhack) index.php?topic=83969

imo ugly as fucking FUCK and also
>falling for the abs meme
>falling for the gmk meme
i'll take thick pbt from our gateron overlords any day thanks.

I don't understand why reds are "the gamers favorite" when with browns you can feel when you've pushed the key down and at the same time have less clicky.

As somebody that plays games I'd like to know if I've pushed a key down enough for it to register. But maybe that's just me.

I think it started because the gaming crowd bottoms out when playing usually.

got a used hhkb pro 2 without printed keycaps for really cheap, how hard is it to adjust to the different layout coming from a traditional full-sized keyboard?

>Reddit spacebars
You have to go back

give it 2 weeks at most (but i hope for your sake it doesn't take that long)

so is the point of rewiring a keyboard being able to load your own firmware and save weight?

So what's a great keyboard?

I have a G15 right now. Before you go ballistic, I got this ages ago and it's about time I replaced it and did it right.
So what do I use my keyboard for? Programming, and video games.

Which means, the small keyboards you've got pictures of look amazing, but I can't use 'em.

What's the definitive keyboard?

Look guys, I made the same joke TWICE because no one laughed the first time! xD

>mechanicalkeyboards for something other than their keyboards
W E W
E
W

>le samefag XD
fuck off

>LOL I got caught! Fuck off!

Is the CM NovaTouch any good?

It's good, but for the price you need to get it up to the level of a Realforce, you would have spent less money on a Realforce. If custom keycaps are important to you, get a Novatouch.

>Realforce
Eurofag here, most recommendations would need a import and that's too much hassle for me

I also want a very simple looking keyboard without too much branding

Wew getting told really sends you into an autistic spergout.
How about you learn to use the num row that's right above your fingers, instead of buying a keyboard with 2 fucking sets of numbers

Just trying to play it safe. Sometimes I wake up early enough to make a new thread for my general on /vg/, just happened to noticed /mkg/ fell off and made one this morning. I was gonna put something like "I love the smell of solder in the morning edition", but idk if that'd go over too well.

Damn, Satan. I honestly don't see the need to flip the spacebar. I've tried it and it feels a bit weird.

If the barebones Novatouch is available in your country, I would recommend getting that shipped to you and buying a set of PBT keycaps to put on it.

Total /mkg/ noob here. Is the HHKB considered good for its price?

Wait, why the fuck are they upside-down? It just looks retarded as shit.

I just want something simple. 80$ at most.

Murrican

I'm used to 104 keys so I guess that.

I guess brown switches. Those seem alright from what I can tell. I like the idea of having some kind of feedback and ease of press and not being loud.

Im searching for an affordable mechanic with cherry blues.

Most of the shit on amazon is full of leds and childish things. I mean I am a gamer, but this marketing is obnoxious as fuck.
I just want a simple minimalist keyboard that is reliable. I live in central america so price is really a concern, I cant pay more than 80 bucks. I found the k83 gigabyte and it looks right up my alley. Gigabyte makes fine gpus so I guess the keyboards must be good too right? I wanted the wasd v2 but i cant afford that much so the gigabyte is the one Im looking for.
Anybody has experience with it?

Yes

who /elbowpain/ here

The fuck are you doing?

Using the Novatouch TKL keyboard and loving it so far
My one issue is that one month in and already some of the keycaps are fading, what's a good alternative that looks similar (and lasts longer)

wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-set/doubleshot-pbt-104-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set-black-slate.html

Did I done good?

No.

AUD

I have the keyboard in OP's picture, did I do good at buying this one?

There's no price

But yeah IMO. CMs are great for the money. It baffles me why people buy gaymer corsair/razer/meme shit when CMs are available.

>bern
>toy with ussr red star

commie bitch

Just bought a white ducky one TKL with mx greens, best mech kb I've owned. Previous ones were majestouch 2/ducky mini with reds and a leopold 850 with browns. The layout is a bit different with a smaller left shift and return keys, but it's easy enough to get used to.

Typing on greens is actually more intuitive than I thought it would be. I still bottom out more often than not, but it's better for someone like me who hammers the keys that they seem to be able to take it.

I'm not sure how long it will take me to get used to the media key placement, but it's pretty neat.

Oh I paid 160 AU for it. The only place I could find a white one was ebay.

this is a thread for mechanical keyboards

get your dirty rubber domes out of here

>muh exclusive keyboard club
>>>GeekHack

The Bern sticker actually has nothing to do with Bernie and the "toy" is a phone stand from xiaomi. The updated version of their mascot has the company logo there where the commie star is on mine.

I do have this commie mug though

Any cheap-ass Mechanical chink keyboards without backlight around?

I'm trying to find a normal office styled keyboard but everything looks like something which should belongs on a carnaval .

What are you trying to prove here?

this.

i have my eye on the gigabyte k83 but nobody has commented on it.

But user, any keyboard that requires you to press down a key is "mechanical"

Or what's your definition of a mechanical keyboard?

CM Storm QF, Ducky Zero, maybe Corsair. Mindfactory is probably the best place to look.

Also found a neat looking Lioncast LK20 thing on amazon.de, maybe that's worth a look. Don't know anything about it myself, but it seems okay.

The corsair stuff has a nice industrial design. CM looks cheap as fuck.

>"Mechanical-switch keyboards use separate complete switches underneath every key. Each switch is composed of a base, a spring, and a stem. Depending on the shape of the stem, such keyboards have varying actuation and travel distance. Switches also come in three variants, linear with consistent resistance, and tactile with a non-audible bump or with an audible click. Depending on the resistance of the spring, the key requires different amounts of pressure to actuate. Mechanical keyboards allow for the removal and replacement of keycaps."

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboard_technology#Mechanical-switch_keyboard

Just got my g710 and when I press ctrl and 2 it only registers the ctrl. Why is that I thought the keyboard had anti-ghosting

You're kidding, right?

MagicForce, hombre.