twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's too old.

Because I'm using a Pentium III.

Shit performance/tdp

But I am.
A 3.4ghz EE to be precise

>he fell for the pentium 4 meme
LOL

nice new trip! Unfortunately, you have forgotten to remove it. Myself and everyone else in this thread will remember this forever, and bring it up whenever you post next. Best of luck on thinking up a new trip and thank you for posting with Sup Forums!

Because P4 is garbage.

I like how the design of the logo fits the Windows XP design of yore. Never noticed then (was using W2000) and on XP we "cool kids [=retards]" kept disabling Luna thinking it will improve performance. "Tweaking" bah.

>new

I'm using a Pentium D. It's like two Pentium 4s smashed together.

>threw away my pentium 4 years ago

>3.4GHz
>EE
>it's a laptop

You really want to burn your house down?

>tripfags

Because I'm not using Windows 2000 anymore

Newfags can't remember last time he trolled Sup Forums

its actually a surprisingly good heatsink in there
i max at around 71c, which is pretty good for a high ghz pentium 4

my t42 with a 2ghz pentium m gets hotter

Okay then,is it using a normal desktop chip? Or is it a mobile chip?

I had a Fujitsu Amillo D7820 (which died sadly) with a Pentium 4 2.8GHz and a random HDD thrown in,and I remember that it had a desktop socket. Also I have a Acer Travelmate 800,and yes,Pentium M do get insanely hot. Mine's clocked at 1.7GHz (Centrino M,but BIOS says Pentium M) and has 2GB of RAM (came with 2 Kingston KVR heatsinked DDR SODIMMs). Runs XP because Acer built it so stupidly,that even if it has a 80GB HDD (Samsung drive) and a DVD-ROM drive,AND 2GB of RAM,they were intelligent enough to use a Radeon Mobility 9000. Talk about any support for Vista/7 Aero whatsoever. What a shame,everything else in it was decent enough. (I got it for real cheap)

thats a pentium 8 dumbass

it would fucking have to be to have a P4EE in there...

kek

G40 uses socket 478 desktop pentiums

Threw mine away 2 months ago

My 3470 has a 4 in it.

Just replaced the backlight in this. I'm pretty sure the bright spots are being caused by the rubber spacers that came on the replacement ccfl bulb, but I'm not going to tear it apart again until I'm sure everything else on it is working.

Cause I'm in 2016

I remember seeing this thread before damn it's been a long time though

>he drives a Mitsubishi
>he lives in Scandinavia
>he uses a Pentium 4
Sounds about right, poorfag

P4 was so incredibly shitty they started over from P3 and designed the Pentium M, Core2 and Core i series from there.

>current year
>his computer isn't protected by spooky skeletons

Shit, I forgot how slow PATA laptop drives were.

modern internet does not work well on anything with only one core.

He doesn't drive a Mitsubishi, but what does that have to do with anything?

That's a lie.

You can blame that on js-heavy webpages.

I used to use a pentium m machine as my main computer, it would literally freeze if I tried to open more than 2 youtube tabs at once.

Also, Pentium M doesn't have PAE or NX bit, so you can't even install windows 8 or any modern linux distros without compiling your own kernel.

might work but i dont want to wait an hour to load some small scripts.

i do have an old laptop with some celeron m. works with adblock and noscript but many sites look terrible without those. it can do youtube with mpv

>tfw the most powerful computer that I have is a 2008 core 2 duo laptop
>tfw no 5820k desktop with 2 GPUs to run Gentoo and VMs with PCI passtroughs

>mightyBenz
>not driving an Outlander

I don't think that's his. Outlander is a great car, though.

>tfw GPU passthrough is a fucking mess.

Embrassing regardless of intention

>shit, I fucked my thing up. Well I guess I can just use the word newfag and act like it was intentional, no one will argue it because everyone is scared of being new. Okay, lets just make sure I take the name out right away this time

because i use an i5 2500k
im sure that this will work fine for over 10 years.

But I am.

>9800
I dare say that thing can actually run Aero. Shame that your HDD is small though.
Is that a cover? Or is it another laptop?

Wandered away and came back to a blank screen. External monitor works. Hopefully it'll work once the proper drivers are installed.

Going to run memtest too. Shame I forgot my flash drive with ubcd on it.

It's a cover. The plan is to see if it's any good for older games, then who knows what. I'll look for a bigger drive too.

Mightybenz has been around for a hot minute.

Literally who?

Anonymous imageboard website. Since when do you faggots support these fags?

is it worth upgrading to?

Why on earth do you guys support intel and pentium. Both are basically NSA-backdoored up the wazoo. Have fun with your botnet.

>he doesn't load his own microcode at boot

because it's slow as fuck you stupid homosexual fatass waste of space

>you will never be a Pentium iii

he's just some guy from /o/ that makes threads looking up vin numbers for cars

because AMD has not made a worthwhile cpu in over a decade

I build cars and am on /o/ as often as Sup Forums but I see no reason to wear a trip. Not him btw

It's still better than dual booting.

Because I bought an A64 instead

Because I'm using a Core 2 Duo, the best processor ever created.

don't worry. I have 3 pentium 3 laptops from 1999 and 2000

>Desktop Pentium 4EE
>In a laptop
Madmen, absolute madmen

It's good though, it works pretty well.
Definitely powerful enough for shitposting, CAD and light old school gaming.
Things a fucking great OSRS machine.

so is a netbook...

fuck off tripfag

Shows you weren't around. P4s were pretty much competetive with both those and Thlons of the time. Worse but not out of their league.
Pentium M was done as a separate thing dor notebooks and had for example shit SIMD multimedia performance or lacked modern extensions and 64bit later.

They didn't go back to Pentium III, they switched to that separate design line - but it had to be improved a lot first (Core 1 and mainly Core 2).

Note that I was and always will be AMD fan (used/using socket A, 939, FM1, FM2 platforms), but you credit has to be given where it is due. History is not shitty memes.

This is some /r9k/ tier shit here

No unless you only have low Athlon/Athlon XP model and/or need SSE2 for some software.

I have an athlon thunderbird, revision b

Is SSE2 a meme?

I used a Pentium 4 Xeon a until 2012 or something. That thing was slow as fuck compared to core 2 duos. It's not very feasible now when you can get faster for the give away.

tomshardware.com/forum/312449-28-pentium-pentium

>pentium D is a dual core P4

Because my desktop with a Pentium 4 is not capable of playing any YouTube video beyond 360p. If that not obsolete, I don't what is.

>need to install windows installer 3.1 to install .net framework to install mobility modder to install gpu drivers

Just use your GPU to decode video.

Why do you use XP? I remember using 7 on pentium 4 machines. It worked well. Your only excuse would be that you don't have enough ram to run 7 at acceptable speeds (which is like 2 GiBs.)

Took out one stick because I think it's the bad one, so it's only got 1gb for now. Plus I don't want to have windows take up all 20 gigs of the drive.

you better have RDRAM too, else you're pretending

I can see you've been pirating for legitimately decades

>problem
>problem
>problem
>problem

Because I have a custom built laptop with Asus parts.

Well, it's fucked. The internal screen turns off after only a few seconds no matter what I do. Switching between internal and external monitors brings it back on, but not permanently. Any ideas?

Because my Arch laptop has a second gen i3, and my hackintosh has a pair of Xeon X5355s.

Install gentoo.

Maybe tomorrow.

Because I don't need to heat a small house?

No, just backing up stuff obsessively, having through a few hard drive failures. That shit is not fun.

Thunderbirds didn't even have SSE. CAD I used started to require that 10+ years ago. For SSE2, harder call but lots of software assume it already. Skype even on Linux won't run, as an example, but even FOSS multimedia like ffmpeg starts to consider even higher targets like SSSE3/SSE4 as the support baseline and you have to convince them that SSE2-only machines are still relevant.

I don't think any new code gets optimized for MMX anyway, SSE2 being the absolute baseline.

My goodness I had forgotten how chunky those old laptops used to b.

Back to /o/

I only use old Pentium 4 boxes in the winter as space heaters.

It's all about the pentiums, baby.
youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos

Pentuim 4's

>run hot as fuck
gets hot fast.
>flash games
... forget it
>Facebook?
lol no
>server tasks
hahahaha no.
>multitasking
forget it

>using the web broser
it will max out the CPU and just heat up your house and all the pages will take forever if they run HTTP5 or Flash.

but it runs Dos games the best out of all modern cpus can't find anything better than a pentuim 4 for that shit.

it can also run older OS's better than the new shit and woun't throttle down like multicore processes will when in the OS screen.

the pentuim4 also better with IDE, paraell ports and serial ports because its natively supported

Its a great heater.

that's it nothing that other cpu's can't do better.
this thing bearly runs on most modern tasks
get something better.

What a load of crap.

>gets hot fast.
You are aware that only faster Prescotts got to 90W and most of P4s actually had lower TDP? They were nothing spectacular in TDP, back then we just weren't used to it yet. Intel enthusiast chips have higher TDPs. Wikipedia has list of the models, you can check.

>it will max out the CPU and just heat up your house and all the pages will take forever if they run HTTP5 or Flash.
you are lucky I don't have OS installed on mine and can't try it. Possible that some webs ruen poorly, but my A64 3200+ is still usable for browsing, so singlecore P4s can't be that much worse.

>but it runs Dos games the best out of all modern cpus can't find anything better than a pentuim 4 for that shit.
why would it? it was dependent on code bing optimized for it more than any contemporary architecture. K7, K8, later Intels will all be better

>it can also run older OS's better than the new shit and woun't throttle down like multicore processes will when in the OS screen.
WUT

>the pentuim4 also better with IDE, paraell ports and serial ports because its natively supported
yeah, completely unrelated CPU, has all to do with chipset and superIO chip

protip: it is not a problem at all to have a parallel or serial port on current motherboard, and IDE on just slightly older platforms (~ 2010).

I had a P4 computer just three years ago. I had to go back to Windows XP after attempting to run Windows 7 on it. Then I decided to build a gaming rig and engaged myself into the gears of endless debt.

I hope you're happy, jews.

>you will never install Windows XP again

I still got a few running in my house, my router is a Dell P3. Still have a few CRT monitors too. Thank fuck electricity is cheap in Canada.

Meh, I have a lot of pentium d/4/duo computers, even passive cooled 2ghz itx p4s

Willamette: the definition of underbaked, p3 was faster if they used the same RAM type

northwood: finally the only decent p4 variant, was always just a few percent above athlon xp

prescott: one of the biggest disappointments of all time, worse ipc than northwood, hot as fuck, only reason to ever use it was sse3

why the fuck do you keep making this shitty fucking thread repeatedly just as we assume you stopped making them