/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/w9PRmcfddAk
github.com/obskyr/khinsider
pcpartpicker.com/products/case/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i'm trying to run snapchat on my pc but it doesn't work on bluestacks anymore

what android emulators does it work on?

Reposting A picture for catching attention.

Why is OP so retarded that he started a new thread when the old one hasn't hit 310 yet?

Noted. I guess I need to clarify, this is for a ~£850 build for student halls. It should be under insurance, just I thought a full tower would be less appealing than say, a laptop to grab because it's a pain to take.

Does anyone have experience with desktops at university?

Also I thought if I avoided rice lights it'd be quite a subtle build.

Problem: My Xperia Z1 Compact won't connect to my home Wifi / Wlan.

Situation: It's been working fine this whole time, like weeks and months on end. I went out to go grocery shopping. Came back home. My phone can't connect to the Wifi / Wlan. However, it works on my computer.

What I tried:
>turned wifi off and on
>turned phone off and on
>turned router off and on
Nothing worked.

Why did it randomly decide to mess up, and only on my phone specifically?

I got these from printer. Card reader and usb adapter? Can they be used anywhere else (other system)? Are they worth anything? Or is this just piece of Garbage. Im not into electronics.

Try deleting the wifi network from your phone and re-adding it.

Is there a call recording app for Android that automatically says something like "This call may be recorded" at the beginning of each call or when responding?

Hi Sup Forumsermans,

what are some good electronics stores in Germany? Some good chains?

You could try Nox

I have a geforce 750ti graphics card, I realised I have an Amd graphics card on downstairs pc, which people only use for google, can I use an amd graphics card and nvidia one in the same pc and will the performance be better?

>Im not into electronics.
Throw it in the garbage.

Yes. No.

Check the older thread.

thanks

Also if i got this board (pic) with lcd display, can i somehow reprogram the system so it wont check for all printer modules and modify it to do something else? If yes, how can this be done?

Didn't work either.

Delete system32

Neither Android nor my router has that. Nice meme though.

Just for comparison can anyone with a T400 with P8600 run and post the CPU-Z benchmark?

Also people with one, some reviews about it?

Ordering system RAM, does Cosair have a good reputation for good for RAM?PNY is a no go

Are videos like these reliable rooting guides?

youtu.be/w9PRmcfddAk

I don't really like flashing random files, although I know the point is to gather everything in one place for simplicity.

corsair is good yes

How does TOR get those IPs they let you use? Are those random ipv4s or something? Or could it be that using tor makes your ip a part of their swarm

MBR or GPT for W10?

People volunteer for it. It's called being an exit node. You can also volunteer to be an entry node or a middle node with much less risk because they don't get pinned with all the illegal shit. You decide which roles you play.

If you are using UEFI then you are using GPT

So my PC got a blue screen just now but the words were all distorted so i couldn't make out what it said, so it restarted the computer and now said my AV (Bitdiffender) is inactive.

It wont come on the task bar but when I open the interface it says my system is protected, i've restarted my pc couple times and ran a mab scan but nothing turned up, advice?

I'm using windows 7 and whenever I right click a shortcut or an executable file explorer.exe crashes. I tried cleaning the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ ContextMenuHandlers" folder in the registry but even after deleting all the entries it didn't work. Do I have to do something else or is the problem elsewhere?

Install 10, if can't clean install 7.

Is there really no other option than just reinstalling?

I mostly get EU IPs and other European IPs but never the US and Asia.
Why?

I am trying to use Python to mass download sound tracks from a website called khinsider. I have never used Python in my life.

I installed Python, followed the instructions on the readme (linked below) and installed pip and the zip file attached to the page. for some reason the script doesnt work for me. Why wont it work? I figured that this script would be easy as pluging and playing.

the script in question: github.com/obskyr/khinsider

Can I connect a sonicwall tz300 to a Cisco 2900 that is installed by the ISP on site? It's a static fibre connection.

Will a gtx 1080 be bottlenecked by a i5 6600k @ 4.0ghz @ 1080p? Heard rumours that it might and just want to clarify if it will or not

My home provider using NAT, so all his clients have one public IP, and I think because of that Sup Forums banned my provider.When I try to post something I get error "Posting from your ISP has been blocked due to abuse".Is there any way around that?

Laptop fan bearing is fucked and making a lot of noise, I have no idea when I'll be able to get it fixed, how safely can I use it until then? Should I not power it on at all or can I use it and if yes approximately how long until I do permanent damage?

You come out wherever there is a volunteer exit node. Some organizations dedicate servers to it, some are done by home users. It's not evenly distributed. I wouldn't expect exit nodes to exist inside china, and it's probably harder to find an ISP willing to put up with it in the US.

Which is a better cable, the Monoprice Luxe or the Anker Powerline? I know premium cables are a scam but I want to get one.

Yes, you will totally notice that 0.1 fps drop.

Make sure it's set to turn off when it gets too hot and you should be fine.

It sounds pretty fucked. Reinstalling will likely take less time than figuring out the issue.

What error are you getting?

>CPU coolers with copper heat pipes and/or contacts work better than solid aluminum

Why aren't there solid copper heatsinks then? It'd be expensive as shit but someone has the money for it.

Why is Mate able to control the brightness of my laptop but Gnome is not?

I had one on my p4. Shit was great but pretty heavy.

So it's the reason why TOR is so slow right? I only use it for mostly normie stuff though so I don't have it set up properly aside from what the wizard did.

CE major
Should I do minor in CS or math

Because they are too expensive and not needed when aluminium does the job just fine.

The script in question is the sample script provided on the page I linked (khinsider.py jumping-flash)

when I run it in regular command prompt I get "'khinsider.py' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

when I run the script in python itself I get:
"file "", line 1
khinsider.py jumping-flash

syntaxError: invalid syntax"

Yeah it's partly slow because there's a limited amount of bandwidth to go around and tards like to use it for unnecessary shit like torrenting. But also you are bouncing your connection off of 3 semi randomly chosen extra computers on the way to to it's destination. That's not how you maximize speed.

Mathematics.

So if there are more volunteers within every continent or country the faster it could go?
Thanks for schooling me on this.

Does Sup Forums have any texts recommended for training typing? I'm fed up with klavaro's default texts.

If there were more volunteers TOTAL, and their connections were fast and reliable, then that could have an impact. But they wouldn't necessarily try to pair you with nodes on your own continent if they could. The point is anonymity at all costs. The network really isn't designed to give a shit about speed.

both have the potential of being fucking useless. you can land a programming even without a minor, and math will be purely "what you make of it". i would go for a third option.

TypeRacer.

I figured out the problem. Command prompt didnt know where to find the .py file, so I dragged and dropped it into command prompt and ran the script and now it works fine.

Is there anything I should know about Seagate external hard drives? Longevity etc. looking at a 2TB one to back up my stuff

why does my monitor not wake after going to sleep?
i have to unplug the display cable from my pc and plug it back in

it isn't even SUPPOSED to go to sleep

What's the simplest way to tell my torrent client to only download a select few files from a torrent added via magnet link? If I add the torrent in paused state, I don't have a list of files so I can't choose which ones to download. If I start downloading and then pause, a lot of small files are downloaded before I can pause that I have to manually delete AND I have to manually mark the files I don't want to not download which is annoying.

I'm using Deluge 1.3.6 in Ubuntu right now.

Is kat.al safe? What are people using these days?

Transmission will download only the torrent file first if you add it paused, not sure about deluge.

Try going through the monitor menu and looking for some power saving bullshit

already tried that
:(

Tried it and looks like Transmission has the same issue: when I add the torrent in the paused state, no file list is available.

Best web browser?

>on windows 10 because 8 was even worse
>trying to put shit on FiiO X1
>computer doesn't even register that the FiiO's plugged in
>take SD card out of FiiO
>put it in computer
>same deal, only now with "E:\ is not a valid drive name"
>fuck around in device manager
>drivers apparently up-to-date
The fuck am I supposed to do?

Is there a term for software without an installer? Like you just download, click, and there you go. An example is Rufus

Portable

Nuke the card with diskpart

> Windows
Install gentoo.

The card itself works fine and can be put inn other computers without a single fucking problem.

There are all copper heat sinks, copper is just heavy and expensive. Given weight limitations of heat sink mounting you can get better cooling with aluminum.

Thanks

What is the best chromebook with 13" display.
That will run fast for the next Coupe years?

Yes. Corsair, G.Skill, and Kingston are the best brands for RAM.

I assume you're gaming.
1600 MHz is as fast as you really need.
But more is slightly better.
If you ask, others can tell you about things like CAS LATENCY. I know nothing about that shit.

Are laptop coolers a meme?

My apartment has community wifi. Should I be worried? I have HTTPS everywhere on FF.

Yes.

Should I run the Private Internet Access app or Windows VPN app? In the PIA, at least I have the ability to configure the encryption, authentication and handshake protocols..
With the PIA app enabled:
DNS leak prevention and ipv6 leak prevention are turned on. I turned the data authentication protocols OFF because I am not afraid of active attackers so much as I am afraid of passive loggers / security. My handshake is RSA-2048 and encryption is AES-128bit.

What is the onboard Windows 10 VPN app configured to use? Why do all dns leak testing websites fail to load while i'm on VPN - either connection method or on tor (using only socks5 proxy)? thank you

Thats better than nothing but a lot of sites don't use HTTPS at all, so if anyone wanted to sniff the traffic it would be trivial. If you want better protection get a VPN.

Why not openvpn?

As long as it's rated for 2A you're pretty much good. Some cheap cables aren't slow charging it slow as shit on some devices.

hey boys
going to be buying a new T460 thinkpad
it's got a 192 GB SSD which is pretty small. is it possible to replace this with a higer gig HDD? don't know anything about this kind of stuff.

Have you tried changing the WiFi channel?

Could just be your phone

How do I make money by through spam?

It's just a 7mm SATA slot, should work with most SSDs

because i'm new to vpn and did not research fully, maybe. I just installed openvpn "privatetunnel" and am running that now. I've already paid for 365 days of private internet access. should I run through PIA & openvpn somehow? Should I use socks5 proxy while system is ultimately running through PPTP with PIA/openVPN? I know it may be redundant, but is it a bad idea also? Is there any case where the socks5 proxy may fail and the tunnel will not, or visa versa?

delete SSID from list of "remembered networks" on phone and re-connect as if it was the first time. enter credentials and should register you with fresh addresses that will work.

Guys is it possible to ecrypt Xen domU OS which is Windows? Gonna use HVM.

Is there a place with an overview of all the computer cases, where I can tick off features to filter them by?

which ones the best to redeem with?

pcpartpicker.com/products/case/

be convincing

pls help

Is there any reason not to overclock if I can keep temps below 65° under load?

What should i look for in an air aconditioner?
How do i select a good one?

Can someone explain to me what the best choices for a DNS are? I want to improve my internet speed, and I also want to be able to access more sites.

It seems that Opennic is the most popular one here, and on the rest of the web it seems to be a toss up between google public DNS and openDNS.

I installed google's namebench utility, and it suggested that I use openDNS. Should I use it, or should I use something else?

if you dont need to and the voltage is too high, as well as it lowers resale value and lifespan
high bpu or whatever its called, and i guess read reviews and devide the bpu by the wattage

What's the point in securing RDP though a VPN if the VPN is using the same credentials as an open RDP port?

DNSCrypt.

How do i learn to code
What language should i learn, idk what i want to do
My major is IT, with a focus in system administration
Ive never even tried to learn code so dont know what im doing

dont learn to code, learn console commands and automation