Decisions, decisions

Which one?

(if you'd have to choose between one of these two)

The 1070 has better tessellation.

get the classified 980ti. better binned, better cooler, more compute cores

The only thing you're losing out on is 2GB more vram.

>Legacy drivers

>oculus rift

1070 for me

After being a Keplerfag, I'd never willingly go with an old-gen Nvidia card again.
That said, rumors are that Volta might be released sooner than expected, so Pascal owns might get fucked extremely hard.

Fucking falseflagging AMDrone pajeet
Nvidia is perfect, do not insult them

>M-MUH VIDEO GAMES IM SUCH A MANCHILD

Why do people like you still post on this board?

The bottom one cause the top one is banged up.

Get the 1070

im a video editor so definitely the 980ti

GTX 1070

HEVC 8K Main10/12 hardware decoding, VP9 8K hardware decoding
DP1.4 for 5K monitor support, 8K with 2 DP cables
HDMI 2.0b

No reason to get 980 Ti at all

im a progamer so definitely the 1070

im a doctor so definitely the new titan x

>dat shoop
toppest lelkek

The 1070 is faster than the Titan X...

Where is the Pascal Classified? That would be the one I would go for.

no fucking way

i thought 970 is better than that....

at 1080p it is

MORE POWWWWWAAAAAAH

1070. Hands down. Better performing and uses less energy.

There is a chance we may see Tesla or even a slim one for Quadro cards with Volta in Q3-4 2017, but I doubt we would see consumer level cards out before Q2 '18, but it would be nice to see them for the holiday season.

if they're the same price: 1070. otherwise get the 980ti because it performs almost the same.

980 is pricier

>because it performs almost the same.
>almost
So it isn't as good, uses more power, and doesn't include the new tech like Ansel and SMP?

yeah man, it's just a 12nm difference

The 1070 is inherently better in pretty much every benchmark I've seen.

1070. Newer tech. Newer support

What about the 1060 vs 1070?

it's only 5% slower and can usually be found for $50-100 less than a 1070 if you know where to look.

>buying old Nvidia cards

The cheapest I can find a 980ti is $390. The cheapest 1070 I can find is $385. Where are you finding a 980ti for $280-330?

is the change from a gtx680 to something like a 1060 or an amd 480 noticeable enough?

my 680 is still very powerfull. the main issue is games using shit tons of vram nowadays, and tesellation (which i dont give a shit about).

previously i had a gtx295 and i find it irritating having to switch every couple of years because of stupid reasons. i purchased both the 295 and the 680 with the idea that they would last me many years but apparently i cant keep up with the speed the market changes it stupid requirements and technology so im just gonna buy a mid range this time.

>He doesn't remember when Sup Forums was the PC gaming board
hownew.ru

The 1060 is roughly equivalent to a 980 so it should be very noticeable.

>buying nvidia
Do you even have a display better than 1080p 60hz?

3.5gb and no bandwith doesn't roll at 1440p

>may see Tesla or even a slim one for Quadro cards with Volta in Q3-4 2017, but I doubt we would see consumer level cards out before Q2 '18, but it would be nice to see them for the holiday season.

what are you smoking?
Volta will probably be little more than a rehashed Pascal (which is itself really just a shrunk and barely tweaked Maxwell) with HBM2.

AMD would have already had Vega out this summer if not for memory delivery issues from Hynix/Samsung, and even without a functional predecessor product like Fiji of their own, I can imagine Nvidia taking a full extra year to get HBM to work.

fully supported by future drivers.

And?
Still getting sli profiles and game specific optimisation's

400 series cards and below is the driver support cut off. stop with the meme already.

MIght as well ask here

I just ordered the 1070 from amazon, and it came in today.
The box itself was not sealed, though the card itself was sealed in the usual anti static plastic.

Should I return it to amazon for another one that is new sealed box?

Does the brand actually matter? looking at getting a 1080 here

400 is still getting drivers, isn't it? Same arch as 500?

images.frys.com/art/deals/geforceGTX10.html

I've been f5'ing for an hour, not sure if trolled

I got a 980 for pretty cheap the other day. really just wanted to bump up from my 760 and it was a good price. Not that I've done anything but browse Sup Forums since

nevermind, I did - literally as soon as I posted that thinking they were having a big sale - it refreshed with a fucktard ad for nvidia and no sale prices

Are the new cards likely to be on sale during black friday?

let's see
>both no async
>both no compute
>both no dx12
>both no vulkan
>one of them already for gimping and the other soon
>one is still overpriced
choose your regret

They support dx12 and vulkan, pascal has async, Nvidia doesn't gimp older cards, but AMD does.

Fucking AMDFags always have to poo in threads. Seriously go back to fucking goats, its what your Islamic terrorist company wants.

>damage control

>spew bullshit
>claim any response as damage control
2 rupee's have been deposited into your account

what does that have to do with it senpai?