Why isn't anyone developing a new browser? All the current ones get shittier with every update

Why isn't anyone developing a new browser? All the current ones get shittier with every update.

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backspace-to-go-back/nlffgllnjjkheddehpolbanogdeaogbc
github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/666
kickstarter.com/projects/gotobrowser/goto-browser-the-modern-way-to-browse-the-world-wi/description
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because that browser will suck as well.

>actual improvements are shit because i said so

>I love pressing key combinations across the whole keyboard instead of a single key like the cuck I am!

/thread

What's wrong with Opera?

>across the whole board
>the alt key is 5.5cm from the left arrow key

Haha seriously, you can't touch type in 2016? I bet you use a fullsize keyboard as well.

>instead of a single key
we all know what would happen if they developed it like that faggot
>press something accidentally and get unexpected behavior.
>bitch about it on Sup Forums the next day

>standard for over a decade
>babby millenial monkeys shit themselves
>waaaaah google protect me from my incompetence

People don't want a good browser, Opera proved that so they ditched Presto for Chromium to join the shitstable.

The difference is basically just move your hand down. Why are people so autistic about this change that makes accidental back navigation much less likely to occur?

And why don't people have back buttons on their mice by now?

>>standard for over a decade
A shit standard for over a decade.
We are allowed to change things that are stupid. There's no reason why we should put up with bad standards just because they have been used for a long time.

Why don't you autists pay attention to what you're doing instead of making normal people jump through extra hoops for the sake of your inept ass?

>normal people
Those are the ones who had issues with accidental backwards navigation. The autists are the ones complaining about the change.

>implying pressing Alt + left arrow is easier than just clicking the fucking back button.

It only takes one key.
>mouse4
or
>mouse1 if in the right spot

I'm certainly not complaining that mouse1 doesn't default to "back" unless you're specifically over an active element. You probably would be, though.
"You're telling me they changed it so I now have to navigate up to this back button when before I could click any empty space? HOW IS THIS BETTER?"

Luckily some functional people made an extension to fix this design error: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/backspace-to-go-back/nlffgllnjjkheddehpolbanogdeaogbc

because a lot of the technology used in those browsers are owned by the companies that make them. a browser is more complex than most people think. so laziness and lack of necessity means no one will probably try to tackle that.

Shilling your virus isn't allowed here.

It's the left alt key, not the right alt key.

It doesn't work with the right one.

Just use Vivaldi.

>It doesn't work with the right one.
Works fine for me fampai.

Doesn't work with the right alt key

Must be keyboard layouts then

dang

>Doesn't work with the right alt key
>works with the right alt key
Sorry bro, I guess you have a shitty keyboard that sends a non-standard call when right alt is pressed.

or his keyboard layout uses Alt Gr

reminder that qutebrowser exists

Plenty of people are, most of them just fall underneath your radar because developing a feature-complete browser is very difficult

Reminder that qutebrowser without QtWebEngine is a frustrating experience

t. qutebrowser user

There are a gazillion browsers.

And quite a few forks of existing browsers - 'cause many are open sauce now.

If you don't like whatever, I suggest you fork on yourself or adapt a fork. Actually doing a complete browser from start is ridiculously annoying, thanks to the internet being a relative mess with all these technologies people ultimately want to use. Almost all of these browser projects just never end anywhere near feature complete.

what dou mean?
of course u need qt for qutebrowser

nothing, it's been fine since it came out.

i don't use anything else anymore, why bother?

I mean that the default backend (QtWebKit) is terrible (stupidly slow, lack of features including security features like HSTS, breaks websites regularly, incomplete API, etc.)

They're working hard on replacing it by QtWebEngine but as of today it's still extremely incomplete and basically unusable, so until that happens it's sort of frustrating to use at times

Because we wouldnt be able to deal with the 50+ MUH WEB FRAMWORKS

> MUH WEB FRAMWORKS
Its the retarded shit in the web technologies (more like CSS and JS and HTML but also Adobe Flash and all the stuff in all versions), rather than the individual frameworks that generate / use these.

I see.
when do you think it will be ready?

/thread
I think that's what he's saying: the "extra hoops" are accidental back navigation

Who knows?

github.com/The-Compiler/qutebrowser/issues/666

Yes those, sorry im stupid i confused them.

And I'm arguably an autist for correcting you.

Anyhow, web tech sucks to a large extent besides there just being a huge amount of it. Therefore the platform used to run it client-side is also just horrid.

It might be getting better with flash and shit slowly getting deprecated and JS tighening up a little, but it's still chaos.

Luakit is what I wish every web browser felt like. A minimal interface that doesn't distract me from the webpage I'm on.

I think many of the existing fat browsers can be just run with all UI hidden?

And most have plugins to command them like you would vim. Or emacs, 'cause rivalry.

HTML sucks.
HTTP sucks.

Why care at all if the underlying protocols are shit themselves.

The web is accommodating a lot for poorly educated content writers even on the infrastructure side, and I guess it has to?

We're not gonna build the web on some sandboxed programming language served with something rivaling Akka any time soon.

What's wrong with a full sized keyboard?

Just swing left with 3 fingers, goddamit.

Check out Pale Moon. You may not like the interface at first but it can be customized completely to you liking.

Always remember to clip your nails, Sup Forums

this, Vivaldi is the shit

It's only freeware with source code access, not open source.

They can just fuck up whatever way they want and forking will not even be possible.

If you have any reliance on your habits with a browser or data in your browser, you probably shouldn't adapt this one, ever.

Good luck doing that with an Alt Gr keyboard, because it doesn't work. Looks like Pajeet didn't even test his design flaws properly. Unfortunately for Pajeet, more skilled people already came up to the solution for his fuckup in the form of extensions. Poor Pajeet! Not to be outdone, we should expect the functionality of extensions to be gimped further in the near future so everybody has to enjoy Pajeet's great UI interaction ideas.

Since when sjw corps hire pajeets?

Pajeet is cheap, so since always.

it's not shit. Only retards like you accidentally press it out of focus and fuck things up for the rest of us.

making an extension to remap the back button when an input field isn't active is really trivial. why are you complaining when you could be fixing your own problem?

lol cuck cuck epic lulz burn lolol!

It won't work for keyboard layouts that use the right alt key as alt gr.

Serious answer?

The guys who can are trying to work on an OS for browsing, think Firefox and Chrome OS

>What's wrong with Opera?
just another chrome clone

proprietary

even if they weren't, the OP's complaint is essentially that it's annoying him that literally every design decision isn't prompting a fork of every project. the software world just can't sustain that kind of fracturing. there's only so much work that actually makes it back upstream to the originating project.

if people like the OP want the backspace button so much, they can fork it on this *one* feature that they care about. keep the rest of the codebase up to speed but basically make no contributions.

although seriously you should just make an extension for something this trivial. but none of this is *that* complicated. the only reason OP is bitching about it is because he's the non-moralizing version of those SJWs who show up when something rubs them the wrong way, complaining without contributing anything.

bike-shedders make me so upset. they're truly the cancer of open source software.

why do all those browser have the problem that they're based on and old shitty rendering engine.

I wish there was a webkit2 based dwb

It is shit. It is a hold over from when the web needed to be more keyboard navigation friendly.
Now we have hugely dynamic pages that can do stupid shit like changing focus off input boxes on it's own to prompt you on something and next thing you know you're heading back a page.

Backspace for back navigation is totally unnecessary now and I'm glad they got rid of it.

I'm going to make an XHTML 1.1 browser.

>security concerned citizens disable telemetry
>their browsing behaviour isnt accounted for
>complain that browsers getting dumbed down breaking your workflow

Because HTML is just not very good and the web needs to be rebuilt with everything considered nstead of a bunch of bandaid additions.

There is literally nothing wrong with html.

Because Google raised the bar so high with V8 in Chrome, it would cost hundreds of millions of dollars over several years before you can create something from scratch that can compete with Chrome on functionality.

Remember us Sup Forums?

kickstarter.com/projects/gotobrowser/goto-browser-the-modern-way-to-browse-the-world-wi/description

Nope, how is the browser?

Never delivered, 10k $ stolen.
Scamstarter at its finest

I thought Kickstarter had shit in place for when people never deliver.

>innovative
About as innovative as memevaldi, and that browser sucks. I don't understand why people even backed this project.

>not having a dedicated alt gr key

This^2

Vivaldi with ublock and umatrix is the fucking shit.

>Vivaldi with ublock and umatrix is fucking shit.
Thanks for warning me.

If entire dedicated organizations fail at making a good browser, what hope is there for one person to get it right?

(((You))) misquoted me

let me reiterate

Vivaldi with ublock and umatrix is fucking awesome

Can't wait until they dumb down the spacebar as well, because some faggot complains it moves his page down

Nobody mentioned servo yet.

It's the only actual new browser engine in for who knows how long.

>make great, efficient browser engine
>lock out XP users out from it

fuck you too, mozilla

>XP
There is a point where that silliness has to end.
Why don't they support Windows 95?
Why don't they support Max OS 9?
Why don't they support GNU with Linux 0.0.1?

Anyway, why are you using a proprietary OS, let alone a deprecated proprietary OS?

Anything newer won't run, and Linux (tried Lubuntu, debian testing netinst and CrunchBang) runs like shit.

/thread

>>>/reddit/

No. They require that you show backers a physical prototype of your idea instead of a rendering. But it's loosely enforced and easily faked anyway.

>
>I guess you have a shitty keyboard

>have a key called kana
>that tiny backspace
>a reload? key

Ok dude, at least you have two alt keys instead of one alt and one alt gr, right?

Wtf is that? Fuck you Floens.

>there are people who 'accidentally' press Back Space.
>not looking at what your fingers are doing

I'm sick of being forced to cater to the incompetent

>not shitty browser

That would be Firefox 3.5, with some added support for modern stuff like webm