GOD DAMNED FUCKING ASSCOIN MINERS, KILL YOURSELVES IMMEDIATELY!

GOD DAMNED FUCKING ASSCOIN MINERS, KILL YOURSELVES IMMEDIATELY!

what makes amd cards so good for mining?

yeah because people are still using consumer gpus to mine

Is this a meme?

They're not. They used to be back when cryptocoins where just starting out because AMD cards had better suited hardware. However, these days people use specialized hardware like ASICs and probably even FPGAs because GPUs have become too slow

Overpaid for one, fucking miners tho, fuck em.

No. Just amdfags' PTSD face.

These fuckers have over 5 TFLOPS of FP32 performance and only use about 160W on full load. With 4 of these you get a little over 20 TFLOPS of FP32 performance and about 650W of electrical consumption. Over 24 hours that's only 15.6 kWh of electricity used or about $2.50 a day.

That shit is beyond amazing. 4 of these GPUs compete with many of those ASICs out there.

Anyway this card is gonna be popular of buttcoin mining for a while until you need like 100 of them to mine a single fucking coin in a month which will happen soon.

I gotta give it to AMD, in terms of raw compute performance they are shitting all over Nvidia.

lol'd thanks

Jet.com has one now.

Using the 15% off discount, it comes down to $250.

Why did PC gaming have to go mainstream?

amdfag here

I see no reason to buy a 480 over a 1060 at all. The 1060 is only around $20 more than the 480 and beats it in 80% of modern games.

In an ancient API from like 2006. 480 shits all over the 1060 in DX 12 "amdfag".

this is the case in only 2 or 3 dx12/vulkan games

in RoTR and Forza the 1060 beats the 480 in DX12 mode, Same in Quantum BReak and Gears of War

claiming you're an ''amdfag'' doesn't undoubtedly validate your dumb opinion, ''amdfag''.

show me some proof it beats the 480 in "80% of modern games" (in what, power consumption? cost per frame?) state whatever it is or you're just baiting a meaningless argument for attention

Now GTFO, scum.

>I gotta give it to AMD, in terms of raw compute performance they are shitting all over Nvidia.

eh, 980 ti era nvidia cards were better for performance:watt for stuff like hashing

amd still king for price:performance in this regard, especially for older used hardware

>this is the case in only 2 or 3 dx12/vulkan games
>in RoTR and Forza the 1060 beats the 480 in DX12 mode, Same in Quantum BReak and Gears of War
????

Anyway getting the 1060 is the worst purchase you can ever make in your life. 6GB of slow VRAM simply doesn't cut it anymore. On top of that the 480 has over 5 TFLOPS of FP32 performance, the 1060 doesn't even have 4 TFLOPS. The 480 has way more potential for better performance in DX12.

Yeah it performed like 5% slower in some DX12 titles but that's most likely nvidia bribing game companies again. the compute performance and vRAM bandwidth simply agress with AMD this time.

I'm not saying AND hardware isn't stacked, that shit runs laps around nvidia cards when the drivers are optimized.

But despite this, not all of the hardware is optimal for buttcoin mining.

Maybe 4 GPUs can compete with an ASIC in terms of computational performance (it's a long shot, though), but they definitely don't in terms of power usage.

The 480 is really awful compared to the 1060

Literally no reason to buy a 480 when the 1060 exists.

It's actually only $10 more.

1060 is basically the same price as a 480, while the 1060 has way better performance.