/spg/ Smartphone Genera

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Samsung is reportedly working on an upgraded version of the J7
gsmarena.com/samsung_is_reportedly_working_on_an_upgraded_version_of_the_j7-news-20075.php

Moto X4 Leaked- With Moto Mods, it appears
ipleson.com/device/showproduct.php?lang=en&id=133

The LG V10 might have the same bootloop problem as the G4
androidauthority.com/lg-v10-bootloop-problem-711334/

Leaked graphic appears to confirm specs of the Xiaomi Mi Note 2
phonearena.com/news/Leaked-graphic-appears-to-confirm-specs-of-the-Xiaomi-Mi-Note-2_id84371

48 Hours with the Huawei Honor 8: A familiar fun phone!
pocketnow.com/2016/08/20/48-hours-with-the-huawei-honor-8

Galaxy Note 7 vs iPhone 6S Speed Test
youtube.com/watch?v=3-61FFoJFy0

Lenovo ZUK Z2 Review | Competitive!
youtube.com/watch?v=D504g3dadWc

Honor 8 Review | A Valiant Effort
youtube.com/watch?v=UU9ovFf1XjE

Blu R1 HD Review: Worth the Ads?
youtu.be/Xx1BOaWXIHI

old

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusblog.net/htc-nexus-2016-marlin-sailfish-prices-hinted/
stream.me
xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/
koodomobile.com/phones?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Phones
xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-flash-miui-fastboot-rom-on-locked-redmi-3/
xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-manually-install-qualcomm-qdloader/
en.miui.com/thread-298992-1-1.html
android.gs/how-to-sim-unlock-samsung-galaxy-s4-for-free/
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/4z1is8/im_trying_to_flash_stock_global_rom_onto_r3p_but/
android.com/versions/nougat-7-0/
android.googlesource.com/
developer.android.com/preview/download.html
youtube.com/watch?v=3-61FFoJFy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

have a shitty iPhone 5, wanting to buy a Redmi Note 3 Pro w 3 gb of ram.

Should i wait until Xiamo releases their next Redmi phones, and how much better than the iPhone will it be?

nexusblog.net/htc-nexus-2016-marlin-sailfish-prices-hinted/

>buy S7 Edge maymay on release
>4 months later
>screen is a mess and had to be sent to be repaired

I feel cheated. Had a pretty terrible experience with a Nexus 6 and now this. Is there a single phone that is truly worth my dollah?

>$599 for Nexus marlin base storage
Fucking HTC, they're shits not premium enough for that price.

Why does the Z5 compact have a 720p screen?

It's literally the only thing keeping it from being perfect.

xiaomi always release updated phone in a year, redmeme note 4/Redmeme 4 probably next year.

Could somebody here with a smartphone from this year try something for me?

Try loading up any stream from stream.me on it. I have a 3 year old tablet that otherwise plays a lot of streaming content perfectly, but streams on this website don't work on it. I'm curious to know if something from this year can. It'll help me tremendously to know how obsolete my tablet is if you can load up stream and how fast they appear on your device.

This is my LG G4. It's a large phone and feels good in the hand. Screen is sharp and bright. Use it for browsing memes and watching films. Battery life sucks. LG UX is not my taste. Need custom ROM to take full advantage of all its abilities, like multi-window for all apps (not just native ones). Great memory management.

subscribed.

battery life ya faget

also the shit camera

Looking at cases for the Note 7 ? any suggestions ?

Looking at maybe two cases, one rugged for work and a regular one for casual stuff.

Not OP but what is the best top end, non peice of shit smart phone out now. Was considering the Note 7 but been put off, had a Z3 was a great phone surprised Sony's have gone downhill. Looking for good camera and battery life really. Non apple also. In UK

Does anyone know where I can buy a Moto G4 Plus with PayPal for a non-unreasonable mark-up? Everywhere I've looked has them for like $100 over Motorola's retail price.

Not sure what you dislike about the Note 7, but how about the S7 and its edge variant ?

The only thing holding me back from buying a op3 is the battery life. Any other phones in the same bracket with good battery? Currently using a Moto g1 in UK

The cost for one. The poor performance and battery life over longer periods of time, as displayed by everyone preguois version. Heard alot of popular say the s7 edge slows down to a turd after 6-9 months as well.

But it hasn't even been out 6-9 months...

>wants flagship phone
>whines about the cost
seriously..

Also the Note 7 has only been out ~3 days now

UX is the most barebones Android skin after Motorola's, ya kidding me? Bought a cheap midrange LG, and I was fucking shocked at the lack of bloatware and custom features. The only LG thing in the phone js the Music and Messaging apps, and all the little changes just improve on stock android, like the custom nav bar or the shortcuts for instant screenshots or camera when the phone is off. Not a shill, but if the LG XMach turns out great and has a price around 200 euros this is the first time that I am going to buy a phone straight after buying another one, cause LG deserves the cash out of all the big brand names.

The cost is relative to the performance, iactully don't have a spend limit but don't want to pay to dollarydoos does for something which is a bloated peice of shit in 6 months.

The alternative would be to either rebuy a Z3, or get something like the Oneplus3 for less but seems more cost effective and can be pretty much rebuilt from new softwarewise.

What phones have the best camera and secondly will last more than 15 hours from one charge with relatively heavy use? (not gaming)

Is there a new big battery phone? Any news about the k6000 premium or should I just get a v10 with extended battery for 430€..? The housefire can't be worse than my HTC m7, but if the bootloop thing is true it's not an option...

The redmi pro with the x25 doesn't look bad but how are the chances to get cm on a mediatek processor?
Import costs will push the price up to a 70€ difference between this and the v10 (excluding the battery) so it doesn't look worth getting chink software support.
But again, the v10s bootloop is a redflag for me...
Chinkphone or not Chinkphone? Something else to consider?
I just need an answer and will keep posting since I hoped the v20 would feature a swappable battery which doesn't seem to happen.

i consider samsung a9 , but it have no removable battery, kinda was dissapointed with xiaomi durability... or note 4 but its a bit old and dunno if worth to buy and if it will be able to handle new aps/ softwares.

Anywhere in Europe that ships to the Netherlands that still has the Axon 7 in stock?

>bloated peice of shit in 6 months.
If anything, bloat comes from the user not the phone.

>I don't think it's a stretch to say it's the worst display I've examined during my time at AnandTech, as despite the Nexus 6's faults it didn't have the ghastly blue appearance of the OnePlus 3.

Why would you want to waste your money ona OnePLus 3 ?

I had a Note 5 for a year and it's still fantastic.

>had
>still

This phone has ridiculous hype. It's like sold out everywhere.

fug.

Hope it's back in stock in september.

iPhone :^)

>If anything, bloat comes from the user not the phone.

Sure

xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/

what do you guys think about Asus phones ? I'm thinking about getting one because they are cheap and specs wise better than my current phone

I think I'll be getting the ZenPhone 2 Laser

You could probably get something better for cheaper.

OnePlus 3 or iphone

kek
my one m8 could withstand more than any other phone in existence, in fact, it's built so well that it's water-resistant, even though it's not advertised.

oh boy, I hope those prices for the sailfish phones are not real.

If 450 $ are the real deal then it'll cost even more in europe.

I need to get a phone.
I'm Canadian so I am probably going to get jewed no matter what.

I'm looking to go with Koodo. Are any of these prices alright?
koodomobile.com/phones?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_Phones
(looking at an LG G4 for $360).

What is my problem here? Trying to flash stock rom onto r3p

The LG G4 has major hardware problems, I'd advise against that.

google says
xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-flash-miui-fastboot-rom-on-locked-redmi-3/

install

xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-manually-install-qualcomm-qdloader/

Will the Moto Sup Forums 2nd gen be getting nougat?

ZF2 is shit. look a couple of threads back about how user regrets buying one after 2 few weeks.

>$360 to get bootlopped
kek.

thoughts on huawei p8 lite for 200 bucks?

I got a bit further, but still not close enough.

Is it Redmi 3 or 3s?

en.miui.com/thread-298992-1-1.html

lern to google nigga

Redmi 3 pro

Right, I'm trying plugging it into the back of my computer - to see if that helps

Which roms are open source like cyanogenmod? Are there any other good roms out there?

Okay, that yielded the exact same results. And I've tried googling this.

then, frankly, I have no idea.

Thanks

Post a new thread on r/xiaomi, there's a guy there called szakigeri that knows all about this shit. they'll figure this out.

It's shit.

t. Memefone user who's screen broke after holding it in light rain for 5 seconds

Thank you

I switched from the S7 to the HTC 10 and wholly crap is it faster. Games run better, battery life is better in my experience, multitasking, almost everything.
I even had the V10 for a bit and even though it had 4 gbs of ram if I had a game open in the background the damn keyboard would stutter .
At the end of the day not all 4 GB phones are the same.

the htc 10 is a nice device (with ubl and guaranteed rom support later on even better)

It's so expensive though, and HTC never gets cheaper.

nice come to Sup Forums to ask a tech question about a smart phone and bam first thread, anyway, does anyone know how to carrier unlock a galaxy s4?

managed to drown mine after dipping for 10 secs in the pool with it. The displey isnt working right now, and the phone is constanty vibrating. it is NOT water-resistant.

Hi America Midwest here. I am currently Verizon and it's fucking terrible. I use them because that's my parents used. I have an LG G4. It has a spot for a Verizon sim and micro sd I believe.

What are my other options for carriers because I'm going to fucking kill myself. Prefeably somewhere with unlimited data. Thank you.

android.gs/how-to-sim-unlock-samsung-galaxy-s4-for-free/

HTC 10 vs S7/S7 edge for youtube/headphone usage/ Sup Forums browsing ? Is the black skin for the HTC 10 really black or gray-ish?

This worries me when getting a samshit in the future. On one hand, the hardware is as good as it gets. On the other hand, ux is shit; software features are only there to justify its price tag and touchwiz worsens the experience.

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/4z1is8/im_trying_to_flash_stock_global_rom_onto_r3p_but/
No one has replied yet.

Touchwiz still lags. Framerate is inconsistent across the ui.

Look at the stutter graphs, touchwizz is cancer no matter how powerful the hardware is.

I'm willing to pay $599 for the Nexus marlin if they put in a quality dac and amp and it doesn't bend like flimsy tinfoil like the 6P does.

has anyone tried official CM13 release for RN3P yet?
share experiences please

Yeah that's how it works, wait a day and you'll have answers.

>2 seconds apart

>Android Nougat is here

android.com/versions/nougat-7-0/

>Nexus 5 or Nexus 7 (2013) won't be getting Nougat.

Can anyone recommend some alternative to facebook messenger that is friendlier on the battery?

Alright, so I had the Galaxy S3, and recently the screen died on me, so I am out looking for a new phone. The 2 main things I am really looking for here are a SD card slot and unlocked bootloader, does anyone got any recommendations? Preferably something that could run cyanogenmod, I have been looking around but finding both those requirements seems to be hard.

Is the source code released to android.googlesource.com/ ?

What does the "firehouse" in "ping target via firehouse" mean?

your browser

developer.android.com/preview/download.html
just went down so it must happen soon.

Awesome, I will look into this, thanks a bunch.

HTC 10 looks nice, fuck. I was at Verizon but what phones I saw looked like crap, I was just going to get a Nexus 5X online but the HTC sounds better.

Anyone have a case recommendation for the HTC 10? I don't want whatever overpriced shit case Verizon will push people to buy.

Probably asked 1000 times:

Best Apps for Pics, Videos, Music and Browser

Made a bad choice and got a Note 5 last summer on a payment plan. Had the option to upgrade early after 12 payments, so I took that and ordered some shitty sub 100 dollar LG to get out of it. Figure I'll just return the LG if I can or sell it on Swappa if I can't.

Using my old S4 now which still does everything I want. I don't know why the hell I spent so much on a phone when I certainly didn't need to. It's also refreshing to use a smaller device again.

Switching providers though and need a new phone. I'll probably buy some Chinese phone or something if I can find one that works on AT&T's network.

spigen

My mother is giving me her somewhat new LG G5 (her company gave her an iPhone)

What's the general consensus on the G5? Can I root it?

maybe he dislikes the non scratch resistant screen or the fact that its slower than a 2 yr old iphone.

Where would i get a xiaomi phone? Gearbest? Aliexpress? Any particular seller?

budget: up to 550-600
want: good camera\no lag

nice blog.

check kimovil for lowest prices. it's usually Ali.

>Using Android.

mine fell in the toilet once and it took me like a minute to get it out, still works, in contrast, and iphone 4 of mine died because it was in my pocket and a heavier rain caught me.
But yeah using the term water-resistant was a mistake, more like insanely waterproof.

>headphone usage
10 no contest. It really is black.

Can somebody explain to me what the point of curved screens is? I just got the Note 7 and I hate the curved screen it adds nothing of value to the phone.

I don't get it.

Which of the HTC 10 panels are better

>Galaxy Note 7 vs iPhone 6S Speed Test
>youtube.com/watch?v=3-61FFoJFy0
This is ugly

I cant even use the phone yet, still need to get a case for the N7

It looks nice I guess.
The night time clock on the edge is semi-useful too :/