/wdg/ - Web Development General

Previous thread Sent from Android edition.

> Discord
discord.gg/wdg
OR
discord.gg/0qLTzz5potDFXfdT
(they're the same)

>IRC Channel
#Sup Forumswdg @ irc.rizon.net
Web client: rizon.net/chat

>Learning material
codecademy.com/
bento.io/
programming-motherfucker.com/
github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md
theodinproject.com/
freecodecamp.com/
w3schools.com/
developer.mozilla.org/
codewars.com/
>Crockford on Javascript
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7664379246A246CB

>Frontend development
github.com/dypsilon/frontend-dev-bookmarks

>Backend development
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_application_frameworks
backendDevelopmentBookmarks.md

>Useful tools
pastebin.com/q5nB1Npt/
libraries.io/ - Discover new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones you depend upon.
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web - Guides for HTML, CSS, JS, Web APIs & more.
programmableweb.com/ - List of public APIs

>NEET guide to web dev employment
pastebin.com/4YeJAUbT/
>How to get started
> [YouTube] 2016/2017 MUST-KNOW WEB DEVELOPMENT TECH - Watch this if you want to be a web developer
youtube.com/watch?v=sBzRwzY7G-k
> [YouTube] Javascript is Easy - "JavaScript is Easy" - If you can't into programming, you probably won't find a simpler introduction to JavaScript than this.
youtube.com/watch?v=zf_cb_Nw5zY

>cheap vps hosting in most western locations
lowendbox.com
digitalocean.com/
linode.com/
heroku.com/
leaseweb.com
openshift.com

Other urls found in this thread:

alissa.ninja/paint
developer.linkedin.com/docs/oauth2
socket.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>

Fuck you

[Embed][Open[Embed][Open[Embed][Open]
>no previous thread

This one has dumb frog post in it

No, it has a picture of a dumb frogpost in it.

What do people use to make io games?

I know js and canvas but is there a framework?

Collaborative mosaic website:

alissa.ninja/paint

Phaser is the only one I've heard about

>study digital media (webdev and some CS fundamentals, the rest is about design, audio and video)
>official title is a bachelor of computer engineering

Ain't that fucking lovely...

so is js the only way

You can't escape from JS in webdev.

you can do vbscript in old internet explorer

Amazing.

not a game dev here, but... there is haxe/openfl + other frameworks

>alissa.ninja/paint

Did you made it? It's actually pretty fun.

What did you use to make such impressive app?

There are a bunch of compile-to-js or interpret in js languages. I use clojurescript.

Bump

Can someone guide me in the right direction on how to approach this?

What i want to do is to have JS listen for json content being sent from the backend, triggered by backend (not continous timer). To explain in detail i have digital post-it notes that you can create and move around on the screen. They only appear for your user profile. I want to add a share funtion so that if user A creates a note, he can then "share" or "send" that note to user B, so user B gets a "clone" of the note that he now owns himself. I can do this fine and dandy backend which requires a refresh by user B for the note to appear (fetching all notes he owns). But i want to eliminate the need for a refresh, it should just pop up on his screen. So therefore when user A "shares" a note and the backend saves it in the database for user B, it should also trigger JS on user B's client-side to somehow listen for incoming json being sent from the backend so the note will appear instantly.

Is this doable or am i retarded?

Using PHP btw.

Anyone know what's up with chrome inspector and websockets? Once it does the upgrade from http to websockets it stops tracking any sort of data exchange and you can only track from wireshark :/

Does anyone know of a project I can use as an example to implement SignIn with Linkedin in ASP.NET? I saw one a few days ago, but the link was dead.

Use Ajax or some frontend framework like angular or react.

developer.linkedin.com/docs/oauth2

The official docs are pretty straightforward. If you can't find an example specifically for linkedin, Oauth is pretty much the same no matter which providers you use.

Use web sockets to send data from the server to the client at any time. If you're using Node.js, you may be interested in this framework: socket.io/

Well actually you just said you're using PHP so I guess you're on your own about frameworks... but check out web sockets. I can confirm it'd be easy with Node.js at least, but maybe it is with PHP as well.

Will check it out. Are there security concerns i should be wary about though?

>Are there security concerns i should be wary about though?
Just the usual. If you send unencrypted data over the wire, it's susceptible to MITM attacks, whether it's ws or http, so be sure to wrap it before you tap it, especially if money is involved.