Replace "master" and "slave" terms in Redis

github.com/antirez/redis/issues/3185

>Inspired by django/django#2692, Redis should replace its "master" and "slave" terminology.

>The summary is: master and slave have racial meanings (especially in North America, but also more generally) and it would be good to avoid them. Django went for primary and replica. I am not sure what makes the most sense for Redis.

>Worth noting, CouchDB made a similar change. As did Drupal.

Does he have a point?

I always use "white man" and "nigger" myself, it's much clearer.

>Does he have a point
Not really... Nobody who has ancestors who were actual slaves minds this stuff, it's just white people in North America trying to virtue signal and nothing more.

This guy gets it.

Wow, us 'Hubbers sure didn't like this comment. I'm proud of our community for standing up to bigots like this.

Just read a few posts. So people are using 10 different terms now. Certainly an improvement. And totally relevant.

> 10 thumbs down
> 1 thumb up
> sad

>21 Apr

wew

Does tech need to take a serious look at its harassment problem?

>April 21

Is he the man Github needs?

I started browsing this guys Twitter for entertainment but now I'm getting seriously worried about how fucked in the head the """tech""" community is getting.

What do those tweets have to do with the tech community?

This shit started when someone with the nick "PC principal" (south park faggot) as made some bullshit request on some github project and people fall on the troll.
I love to see some discussion about this on linux kernel mailing list with Linus raging like hell.

Everyone needs to go thumb up that dude.

American education is quite the phenomenon in that they somehow got people to believe that slavery is an american invention which also only affected blacks. I can't interpret the 'racial' part any other way.

My girlfriend and I voluntarily fetishplay as master/mistress and slave and I feel oppressed by this. The relation between these nouns and our fetish is even stronger than with racist domination, because our fetish is current and we should learn from our past mistakes.

sjws confirmed oppressive

and also retarded for thinking master/slave only refer to the racist terms and not generally the controller and controlled
>implying primary and replica even applies to the same concepts as master/slave
its not a fucking replica, goddamn

Also, please refer to me and my gf by our preferred pronouns: He/Him and she/her

More like lit/ter hit/ler

I can't even express in words how annoyed this makes me. How can you be so ignorant and self centred that you seriously consider a 140 character message on a social media website "traumatising".

There's probably billions of people around the who would give anything to live a life where their biggest problem is abuse on twitter.

master and slave means different thing in computer terms

people are too hypersensitive, everything isn't about you.

Do people actually read "master" and "slave" and get genuinely offended? How can you go through life being that sensitive?

Feels good not having a SjwHub account, fucking freetards so desperate for female attention they create some cuckhold beta-bitch site just to talk to ugly women. Weird people.

he's got to be trolling