CPUs haven't improved since the 2500K

>CPUs haven't improved since the 2500K

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1578480/i5-2500k-4-5ghz-vs-6700k-4-5ghz-in-games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no competition

New to/g/ and to computers. Want to clarify... So in the past x amount of years, there's hasn't been any noticeable increase in processor technology? Someone please enlighten me

They just have way better performance with a third of the TDP.

Yes they have, you delusional gaymer piece of shit.

overclock.net/t/1578480/i5-2500k-4-5ghz-vs-6700k-4-5ghz-in-games

Why don't you kys yourself out of this word

Lol what a fucking shitty test. Hes using way faster ram aswell what a fucking retard lmao baka

SB was the last great leap for integer performance.

Haswell was so-so, and Skylake was a complete joke.

I don't care about APU graphics, AVX FPU power, or moderate power efficiency gains, I just want single threaded general computation to get faster again.

>test the most advanced processor of all time (2500K) to a regular 2015 processor
>regular 2015 processor obliterates said most advanced processor of all time
>shitty test

The fact that you actually think the RAM frequency would significantly affect the results in these particular tests says it all.

Have you heard the story of the fox and the grapes

There is
Look around, pretty sure someone will post a fucking chart

nop its all about efficency now because competition is from ARM

It does lmao look it up senpai

Kill yourself.

2500k here, been wanting to upgrade for awhile now. It still does everything I need but Zen looks like it might be worth it.

2500k is good for another 10 years. Moore's law is dead.

I doubt I'll be using it for another 10 years although a q6600 is still viable for every day use.

>haswell perfomance might be worth it over my 35 years old processor

you don't say

Here's a response.

Cant avceppt that you are wrong senpai?

Is there anything good on the roadmap?

I haven't upgraded in almost 5 years. My video card is starting to struggle so I might as well do everything at the same time

You have yet to provide evidence backing your claims on these particular tests.

I have a feeling Zen Summit Ridge will be the last silicon CPU I'll ever buy.

ITT:poorfags still justifying their outdated and depreciated shit cpu

>h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-h-here's a response

You've been waiting for almost a decade for performance that has been the norm since 2013.

Its on youtube i domt know the name of video

>post your face when you learn that there are people who in the year 2016 (two hundred and sixteen) are buying used 2500K processors

I've been using a 2500k OCd to 4.2ghz for 4 years now and I'm not planning to upgrade soon since it does the job very well but I don't see the point of making a thread about this...is it only to brag ?

What's wrong with skylake?
Just curious, my old i5-750 finally died, well the mobo did and I need to get a new comp. Is skylake a meme or is there something else better to get?

Get zen for next gen performance

My 2500k 4.5Ghz is struggling to capture 1080p30 with Dxtory without dropping frame hiccups so I don't know what the fuck you're all going on about. I want to upgrade, but the question is which one.

My computer has already died and I'm not waiting weeks or months to get a new one. So with that what's the best options out there?

Skylake was supposed to be the next big architecture revamp and it had like 2% IPC gains from Broadwell.

It was just a couple little pipeline tweaks and energy saving tricks plus a bunch of APU changes that nobody outside laptop buyers give a fuck about.

haslel or skymeme

Wait for amd zen for next gen perfomance

So maybe haswell e then? What would you recommend.
I'm a wageslave so I have a bit of money to spend but I also don't want to buy into a meme build and atleast make it last.

You replied to me before with the exact same thing and both times you failed to really my op. Thanks.

Hmmmmm I might make 2 ideas then.
Does haswell e have any advantages over skymeme?

Amd zen

Haswell-E and Broadwell-E are nice for the time being assuming you don't mind getting jewed (~$400 for 6c*~3.3 GHz, obscenely more for 8c/10c).

If you really want to go that route, consider looking for second hand Xeons from ebay.

In the longer term, just pray that Zen does well enough to introduce actual competition again.

Skylake is cheaper and faster on single threading
While haswell is more expensive and faster on multi threading

Not him, but is capturing in RGB lossless more of a single thread thing or multi thread thing?

I have a 3570k. Is it still gud? I had a slight overclock on it but my BIOS got corrupted for some reason and I've been too lazy to get it clocked again.

shit game

>2500k meme
at least post an i7

I'm assuming you mean video encoding. It's highly multithreaded.

solid weasel response.

I'm still using a Core2Duo (E6550 slightly overclocked to 2.8GHz), would a zen be much of an improvement over it? Most of the software I use seems to be single threaded, or only uses two cores. Will the zen run much hotter than the CPU I have now?

I've been using an E8400 (@3.6GHz) till half a year ago and I jumped to an FX 6300 and the difference was quite noticeable. Zen should absolutely crush your current processor (think @ 500% faster) and shouldn't run hotter.

yeah, because they're poor

nah, it's just about autists being autists

I got the 2500k and I don't really feel the need to upgrade. I don't even have a GPU. Just my desktop with my 2500k inside, 8GB of high quality RAM, a Gigabyte motherboard, 2TB WD Black and a nice Dell monitor.

I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything. Maybe I'll upgrade after 2020 when something big actually happens for CPUs.

>zen
even if AMD can deliver +40% on FX series
that still leaves them 10% behind haswell and you can bet zen will have higher TDP

they need to be selling for like $200 to bring competition back to the market

>2500k @ 4.5 jizzahurts
>BF4, Witcher 3, and GTA V frequently hit 99% usage, murdering fps
>can't play games while watching videos on 2nd monitor
I won't upgrade yet because I can't afford it, but it's definitely coming to the end of its usable life

>being a gamur

Sad

An 8c*3.2GHz Broadwell-E (i7-6900K) currently goes for $1100.
A 3.0-3.2 GHz Summit Ridge would be a comparative steal for $500 even if it's only running at 90% the IPC and 20% higher wattage.

Its not like the shlomos at Intel paid people off not to use the competition or anything.
Instead of competung, theyre just gonna do the same again if Zen is any good. That way you keep paying $500 a year for a 2% performance boost

>you keep paying $500 a year for a 2% performance boost

Nobody does that. Literally nobody.

>lol nigga you still got a 4790k?? Gotta get that SKYLAKE architecture for blazing fast gaymen performance you poorfag!

>he doesn't understand that some people troll others when in reality they only upgrade every 3-4 years at most.

Back to your autism meds, child.

>they only upgrade every 3-4 years at most.
nigga my laptop is seven years old

Nobody needs a laptop unless they have to use a PC outside of the house so yes, most people have laptops that can be like 8 years old.

2500K was a i5, the 2600K was a i7
Neither were even close to being flagships
The 6700K is a higher tier than the 2500K was

Isn't Zen having Haswell performance spread across 8 cores just Bulldozer all over again? Am I missing something?

Zen might catch up to a two year old Intel chip

That would be amazing since it's essentially a 5960x at about half the price. AMD will probably price it at least $500, but it's probably going to go for $600. I'd still buy it though. I want to upgrade the 3570k.

Some games can get a boost of around 5-8%

like 2133mhz vs 4000mhz

>kill yourself yourself

quads checked

6700k is such a comfy cpu. cant wait to be using it years from now :3c~

I sold my 2500k system and have a broadwell laptop in-till zen drops then i will build my new pc as right now i'm working away from home a lot.

Why even spend an extra $100 for HT? If you really needed the threads, then just get some extra cores like the 5820 or 6820k. I say that, but Broadwell-E is pretty shit and Haswell-E is further behind in IPC.

because i could

also
>not having hyperthreading

Shiet. Looks like I need to look into getting a new cpu/mobo :(

My 2600K/gtx 1080 at 4.6ghz trails behind a 6700k/1080 in FPS by about 7%.

In non CPU Intensive games the avg FPS is identical.

blame amd

The 6700k has HT, what are you talking about.

>two hundred and sixteen

>AMD will not catch up in the [current year]

man do you have shares in intel?
you seem worried.

even if Zen beats the 6700k i'm getting it woun't matter for long because of kabylake la.

this. all top of the line from p4 era chips onwards had a least one HT chip.

Actually I have shares on AMD

Sell em right before ZEN is released.
It's gonna be a bulldozer all over again

Used LGA 2011 or LGA 2011-V3?

>what is energy efficiency
>what is thermal output
>what is iGPU performance
Fucking Sup Forums gaymers need to fuck off.

Skylake only supports Botnet 10.

>what is thermal output
>what is iGPU performance
only shit phones and laptop losers care about.

you even included integrated gpus... what a fucking joke.

Either is fine. 2011v2 and v3 have pretty similar performance core for core, v3 just added moar coars.

AMD will likely hit 10 buck in 2017 then sell.
>Idiot Intel fanboy can't into money.
No gewelio that's not how you do it

>bulldozer all over again

uhhh this is hyperbole
nothing can be a bigger flop than the original bulldozer (Zambezi)

GTFO millienal

Thanks. Will lurk Ivy Xeons then.

Back to you manchild.

>what is thermal output
phenoms have been under 60C and more than capable of cutting its volts and clocks and power usage by more than a 1/4 of its max for a decade now
>what is igpu
igpu is a maymay for retards who don't realize how utterly worthless it is. motherboards had better onboard gpus agai, ten years ago... this retarded waste of space. shit causes countless driver issues, more heat output and greater power draw... fuck this is bait isn't it?

I bought a 2500k and a 7970, they are still complete overkill for the games I play.

Where can I sign up to have sex with this woman

blacked.com

user I'm not a nigger
But thanks for the suggestion

I see mommy still pays your power bills

The Intel HD Graphics 530 is fast enough to play Doom on low at over 30fps consistently.

The iGPU improvements are amazing desu.

Minesweeper and solitaire eh?

Blame Intel for Jewing AMD years ago.
Blame Intel again when they Jew AMD out of Zen sales.