Install a cheap clc in my pc

>install a cheap clc in my pc
>cpu temps drop from mid 80s to low 50s
>gpu temps drop almost 10 degrees since cpu rad is now pulling air out of the case instead of circulating hot air around the case

Why are these memed against?
It's just a single rad low cost clc and it's made a nice impact on my temps overall.

Only cost me 10 aud more than a 212

It didn't actually do anything.
That's why its a meme.

you just traded more noise instead of a bigger heatsink with the same TDP and less noise, there's also the chance the thing leaks all over your components, you could theoretically also reuse a heatsink for decades but a CLC would certainly need to be replaced

I'm actually using a pair of 1300rpm fans and it's quiet.

Because people on Sup Forums have never used one. They're inexpensive, and make a big difference. You could buy 3 good cpu CLC's for the cost of 1 decent heatsink.

>You could buy 3 good cpu CLC's for the cost of 1 decent heatsink.
Or you could be sensible and use the stock cooler because it doesn't matter.

I got the seidon 120v plus.
Really happy with it so far, much less noise than stock Intel.

A lot of people overlook the fact that it's more than just cooling the cpu, it has the advantage of being able to blow hot cpu air straight out of the case.

That actually gives the fury x an advantage in small itx cases compared to the 980 ti.

>noise
>lower temps for minor over clocking
okdude

They are quiet, but there are more points of failure. The pump in mine failed recently, and my computer would just shut off randomly (later I found out that it was due to overheating).

That's the trade off. While air coolers are xbox hueg compared to CLCs, they can still function if a fan stops working.

You don't need a custom cooler to overclock.
If you are worried about noise just replace the fan.

I have two 125 W TDP CPUs and my full load temps are under 50°C on air

You dun goof'd

Op isn't using high rpm fans you idiot.

What cpu?

AMD CPU eh?

They are noisier than a good fan setup producing an audible noise from the pump.

The right case + fan setup can be nearly inaudible.

I can't hear my clc at all when using my pc, only the graphics card fan when temps start going up

Intel

>buy phanteks air cooler for $60
>6700k idles at 20 and under 50 load at stock clocks
>no chance of shit leaking all over the place one day
I was gonna do the aio meme but nah

>mfw my single rad clc keeps my cpu below 30 degrees

Its just poorfags justifying theyre buyers remorse

I can overclock to 5ghz in 6700k while maintaining temps at 40-50C using h80i gt

>cpu temps drop from mid 80s
>mid 80s

Your cooler or the mounting was shit in the first place. I'm running an hyper t4 on a 4790 that keeps temps at low 50's on load

What is a CLC?

Comparing temps is retarded.
Compare temp difference between room and cpu

Why, you think I live in the arctic?
What if I told you it's on southern europe summertime?