How fucked am I: accessing/stealing a .pdf worth $ directly from its publisher

I have a lab manual with one of my classes this semester.
I went to the publisher's website and found the answer key to the lab manual for sale "for instructors only."
Basically, on top of paying $35 you had to be able to prove you were a college professor teaching this publisher's material in your course.
Signing up for an account with a 10 minute mail and without much effort at all (seriously, I'm a fucking retard and I can't believe what I tried fucking worked holy SHIT) I gained access to the key in 5 parts in .pdf format ON THE PUBLISHER'S SITE. All I did was look at the source code for the link, pick out a .pdf, and copied it into the URL bar. And there it was.

Anyway, not expecting it to work, I brought it up in a tab on FireFox. I couldn't believe it and let the tab stay open about 15 minutes before I realized I wasn't doing anything to ensure anonymity and closed it. I'm afraid I could be traced and ultimately identified and thrown out of class/barred from ever getting in to this program again.

Can I be traced/caught by doing this?
Is there any risk?
I save all 5 direct links, but I'm hesitating to save the documents to my hd because I'm so fucking paranoid. How fucked am I and how could I get these documents without worrying about getting caught/calledout/fucked?

Stale reposted bait that was weak to begin with.

I should note that the account with the fake email wouldn't have gotten me anywhere as far as proving myself a professor goes, i just made it to get access to the site in general, I'm not sure I needed it for dick.

I posted a thread about this days ago but got little help. I've clarified what happened.

If downloading a pdf is a crime, then you have already committed the crime.

IANAL, but IMHO, you should be fine. Get on with your life, and stop obsessing.

if they're that incompetent with their security they'll never know what you've done
even if they were competent they probably wouldn't know either

this

Nobody is going to bring you to court over $35. If they do find out (emphasis on if), they'll be more concerned with making sure it can't happen again.

I'd like to know if I can be traced because I'd make a thread on /r/ with the direct links requesting that someone else download all the documents and throw them into a .zip on MegaUpload or something similar for me to d/l without worrying about being traced back. But I don't want to fuck anyone else, either.

WTF I hate piracy now.

yeah you got like 60 replies and even someone who does web security for a publishing company responded.

Fuck off.

Pal, you already fucked yourself over by making this thread. I have contacted all government agencies available about the serious felony you are committing. Enjoy dying in prison.

I read your last thread. Let me say it again: if they are dumb enough to allow you access to the pdfs to begin with, then they certainly are not monitoring their site for people like you.

Book people aren't nearly as aggressive about those things as movie or record companies.

t. publisher OP is trying to hide from but has now reported this thread to the federation

I'm not quite as afraid of the book people coming after me for reparations as I am them notifying my school.

you've already downloaded them by viewing them retard. if you were going to be traced then you would have. It is possible for them to trace you, it's just EXTREMELY unlikely they would do so, especially considering how bad their security is. You're just paranoid because you have a guilty conscience.

They wouldn't.

Did you do it on a school computer?

It can be traced to an IP. Unless theyre taking legal action over 35$ (they wont.) Wait a few months. throw the zip up then. They cant trace the zip to you unless they get a court order from mega to release the IP of whoever posted it.They wont give that much of a shit though. Nor can they trace the zip without mega's help.
>tl;dr do it

Dude
It's amazing what happens in IT departments when people get complacent. It's only when you get a new hire in a level 2 or 3 position that people actually start looking into stuff.

More likely than not, if for whatever reason someone unauthorized was on it, for something as benign as looking up an answer key, they'll simply lock it down and hope for the better.

The reality of it is, THEY fucked up by allowing you on there, so they sure as hell aren't going to make a big fuss about it to their superiors.

>Worked at an action-apparel company
>For the longest time, it was a flat network--where the production people could see the account people
>Password used for everyone and everything was literally the company name, plus the last two digits of their founding year
>Reused the same dozen software keys for everything

I can only imagine the other glaring security holes their were the higher up you were in the company.

Kill yourself immediately you filthy furfag scum.

>Sherlock Hound
>Furry

Okay

Nice trips but don't get mad, I'm just a pragmatist like any rational human being should be. That shit is furryshit and you know it, degenerate.

This fucking thread again?

Remember: You're here forever.