What am I doing wrong?

I am getting serious jittering during video playback with my set up when there's even moderate movement on the screen or any time an image pans across a scene. I've tried all the different video players available, all my drivers are up to date, and I've tried all the different settings in the drivers, and it's not so much that nothing seems to help. There is absolutely no effect on the jitter, no matter what player I use, what settings I change, or anything.

This was a custom build I put together a few years ago with the main purpose of being used as a media center and I've always kind of tolerated the jitter, but as video codecs have gotten more advanced over the years and releases have gotten bigger (Hi10P 1080p, etc.), it's gotten more noticeable. I've gotten to the point where I'm just sick of it. Some component in the computer is not functioning correctly and I intend to fix it. Which thing should I upgrade/replace first? The video card? Processor? RAM? Maybe the motherboard? Any recommendations as to recommended parts? I'm not gaming with this, but I don't want videos to jitter whenever there's movement on the screen.

>Some component in the computer is not functioning correctly and I intend to fix it.
It's your fucking software.

it's your software. if you replace your parts expecting to fix this you're a moron. reinstall windows

It's not, though. I have literally tried everything at this point.

Done it multiple times to no effect. It's not the software.

wat

I'm playing 10bit 1080p BDrip cartoons with a fucking i5 2520m and intel hd 3000.

>wat
Did I stutter? Nope. That was my video playback that stuttered.

>Windows 7

Fund your problem, for fucks sake at least use 8.1.

Software problem.

You should have zero issues playing 10bit 1080p content.

Shouldn't it work fine with Windows 7?

It's easy to say this when you are totally ignorant. What software, then, oh wise one? Because I guarantee you I've tried it. I've been trying different software for like 4 years.

Oh god I am having tech support flashbacks right now. The worst kind of user right here.

Its your shitty AMD video drivers. see if you can find a set of drivers that function better (try latest and then work backward) This why I will never buy AMD/ATI ever again, thier drivers are always the worst.

Or better yet get a Geforce and call it a day.

So fuck off out of the thread.

if you want useful advice you need to be more specific about your problem. "jitter when an image pans across the screen" what image? you mean panning shots in videos cause it to jitter? you should try testing it on games aswell to see if you encounter similar problems

It jitters when there is any movement whatsoever in the video. I don't game - I don't even own a game, so I can't test that.

I suspect your issue is with the source files having a low framerate and not the actual playback and there is no jitter.

You suspect wrong, then.

if it's any hardware at all it's probably the video card which is why testing any other application that uses the video card would help. It really sounds like a software problem thought so I suggest trying a different install of windows, a different media player and a different codec pack, maybe even a different driver

Just to ask what player are you using atn?

This /thread

I have done all of those things.

MPC-HC with every type of codec pack I have found, all recommended in various communities for "the best" playback. I've also tried MPV and VLC and the jitter is the same with all of them.

Any recommended model as being sufficient for 1080p video, without needing to do any gaming?

Just remove the AMD card and use the onboard iGPU.
You shouldn't even need to use hardware accelerated decoding with a processor that fast.

have you actually installed a different version of windows ie. not just reinstalling windows, using a different copy or a different version? if you have done all of that, try the onboard graphics if you have it to see if it fixes it.

Get a 750 or better

The video slots attached to the motherboard literally do nothing.

I only have one copy of Windows.

I've had weird video issues with a dual monitor setup on 7. Everything worked fine on 8.1 and 10.

I thought that was it - and I've had issues duplicating my screen with two different brand monitors (but not extending the screen) - but when I unplug one of the monitors, the video still jitters.

Thanks.

Did you check your fucking BIOS to make sure multi display is enabled? Otherwise nothing will happen unless you remove the GPU and force it to go just onboard.

>implying you need anything more than basic bitch intel HD For 1080p 10bit playback.

>cl11 ram
>retarded 20 tic at the end
what teh fuck? lmao
also that shit is clocked at 1512Mhz
tl;dr you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

I have just tried this and it still jitters.

Newbie mistake? What am I doing wrong and how do I unfuck it?

if you have actually removed your video card and run it off your onboard graphics and it still acts exactly the same I'm strongly inclined to believe the problem is software related. Download a pirate copy of another version of windows

I enabled the onboard graphics in the bios and connected the monitor directly to that connection.

So should I replace/upgrade the RAM?

What you should do is upgrade your OS W7 is deprecated.

ram is unlikely to be the problem, if you had your video card configured correctly it wouldn't even be using ram to play back the video

What setting would I have to make to make it not use RAM?

if you have your video card plugged in and working correctly videos are played using the video card and it's v-ram. if you're using onboard graphics then it's played through the cpu / standard ram. the fact that you have the same problem with both configurations leads me to believe that this is a software problem or you're misreporting your actions

What actions am I misreporting?

I dont mean you're lying, I mean you might think you're doing something but you're actually not. Ultimately your problem is difficult to diagnose without testing other things with the computer like games to compare it against

reset bios.
reseat ram
no way is it default on those speeds

>if it's any hardware at all it's probably the video card which is why testing any other application that uses the video card would help. It really sounds like a software problem thought so I suggest trying a different install of windows, a different media player and a different codec pack, maybe even a different driver

Wow! Ok. Video card is fine! Dont worry. Windows 7 is fine, but needs study... Media players are all about the same, I use kLite Mega/Media Player Classic... because It seems to work the best for me.

Codec packs are not going to have much influence, but It could, but I would guess this will not be fruitful.

Driver does matter, but as long as you kept up to date with a recent driver, this is not your problem...

ok... back to Windows 7. Get Process Explorer and do a performance profile... look at what is running in the background... Something is intrupping plaback. Try unpulgging devices from the bottom up...but I doubt that is the problem...

The jitter is the same from codecs/players, so I am guessing OS... ( dont switch, just find out the problem...)

1st thing to do is SHUT OFF WINDOWS UPDATERFUCKINGBULLSHITCRAP. while you are playing movies... wseng service of svchost.exe...

Sort your process list by what is using the CPU, while the movie is playing... and double check your BIOS for Turboboost, and your SpeedStep Firmware from Intel. Let me know what these things reveal... ( try CPUz for the real speed, and turbo boost speed ) or Intel Turbo Boost Monitor

your i5 3570 should go to 3.8Ghz for 1Core.