Did I actually fall for the thinkpad meme?

Did I actually fall for the thinkpad meme?
I am a freshman and I just got my PC today, it's a X260, with pic related as stats.

Then my fucking suite mate shows me his Dell, with a touch screen, and pic related. Should I get a refund and pick one of these up?
There is also a $100 moneyback AND he got a student discount of over $200 I believe (this may have been bullshit.)
I sound like a fucking shill but I am pissed off because I feel like I fell for the Lenovo meme.
Fuck

Chill out faggot, you can prob find a better deal

oh, and the screen is .5 inches bigger.
Fuck my ass.
God damn shills

>buying a new thinkpad
>buying touch screen computers
Are you a meme op

I already bought it and am using it right now.
The only upsides I can see are dual booting, build quality, and battery life. the specs are wild.

Pissed off about what? How much did you pay for that thing? Nobody pays more than a third of that price for a think pad

What should I have gotten?
I did some research and this seemed like the best deal. I made several posts on here asking owners how they liked it and they said it was a solid purchase.

That Inspiron gets like 3 hours of battery life and has a shitty warranty.

you can sell it 2nd hand and get the better laptop

$831.75
I got fucking meme'd

Let your buddy type something on it and watch his face.

Your Thinkpad is going to survive a lot more than his fragile-ass laptop.

>buying them new
>buying the X series and complaining about size

You should probably have gotten a T460 you dumbass

I felt that way when I was using it in my suitemate's room.
x260 gets like 8 with the standard batteries, right?
Also, should I install windows 7? I plan on dual booting Red Hat (for class).

I see how the way I wrote it seemed like I was complaining about size, but I chose the x-series because of its size, I wanted something durable and portable.
My bad

Thinkpads are priced new to be business write-offs, user.

All consumer Thinkpads should be purchased second-hand.

Or refurbished.
Pic related will probably piss OP off.

>1GRAND
>twelve and half inch screen
into the trash it goes.

someone make a new /tpg/

Oh well, I have buyers remorse I suppose.
Nobody told me to buy used ;_;
It's a solid business laptop and even if I paid a little too much that's alright.
Everybody makes mistakes, you know?

It's a damn fine laptop that is going to last you for a decade. You didn't do terrible.

You got a pretty good deal on it desu.
Its a really nice laptop.

are you talking about the Thinkpad?
You pay for portability dingus
also, 850 isn't quite 1 grand

thanks for the positive words, user.
Also I think an i7 and 500gb ssd might be over kill when it comes to the classes I am taking.

Never buy a Thinkpad at full price.

Sup Forums jizzes over them because they're fairly cheap and you can find replacement parts for them easily. If you can, try to sell your X260 and buy an X220 or X230, then pocket the difference and put it toward a desktop.

Again, never listen to Sup Forums without intensely scrutinizing a position first. I'd pay full price for a Macbook Pro, but not much else.

>getting any thinkpad after the xx30 models
You must like the Zombie Simpsons. I bet you liked Allen Gregory and Bordertown too when it was on.

> I'd pay full price for a Macbook Pro, but not much else.

Ha, no. Lenovo thinkpads are about as fragile as any other laptop. All those nifty mil-spec tests are done in highly controlled laboratory conditions that don't count for shit in real world use. They're gimmicks to sell to spergs like Sup Forums and brainless "business professionals".

>Also I think an i7 and 500gb ssd might be over kill when it comes to the classes I am taking.

Install Gentoo.

I already own a desktop, I didn't bring it to college because I am not a sperg.
I don't play video games.

Hahaha! You said the meme phrase!

>Always do the opposite of what Sup Forums says.

>I'd pay full price for a Macbook Pro

What's a meme?

it's honestly a pretty nice laptop. slap linux on that bad boy and start ricing.

(real talk though if you CAN return it and buy one used, you probably should)

Ignore this post.

>throttlebook pleb