/spg/ Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Android 7.0 Nougat factory images and OTA zip files are now available
gsmarena.com/android_70_nougat_factory_images_and_ota_zip_files_are_now_available-news-20103.php

Android Nougat Maintenance Release 1 to bring Nexus Launcher, Google Assistant, new buttons
gsmarena.com/android_nougat_maintenance_release_1_to_bring_nexus_launcher_google_assistant_new_butons-news-20102.php

Sony publishes official list of devices getting Android 7.0 Nougat
gsmarena.com/sony_publishes_official_list_of_devices_getting_android_70_nougat_updates-news-20101.php

ZTE Axon Max 2 with 6" screen, S625 chipset found in benchmark lists
gsmarena.com/zte_axon_max_2_with_6_screen_s625_chipset_found_in_benchmark_lists-news-20096.php

Android Nougat 7.1 on the way? Might launch with Nexus Marlin/Sailfish
phonearena.com/news/Android-Nougat-7.1-on-the-way-Might-launch-with-Nexus-MarlinSailfish_id84448

Android 7.0 Nougat Update MKBHD
youtube.com/watch?v=W82ErGmjUik

CyanogenMod has begun to work on CM14
github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_lge_bullhead/tree/staging/cm-14.0

Nexus 6P vs Oneplus 3: Does 2015's best phone hold up?
youtu.be/zWby_iWSFJI

old

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Mi5-Prime-Snapdragon-820-Octa-Core-Press-Fingerprint-ID-FDD-4G-3GB-64GB-ROM/900031_32613429326.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rqgO0uCXMpc
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.doze
unaos.com/
oneplus.net/global/locations
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pic related
yes or no?

phone with a really good camera and no lag under 600$?
also good dual sim phone under 200$?
and first

LG™ Life is Good®
enjoy your bootloops

I just upgraded my Galaxy S3 to 6.0.1 and it's getting great performance and whole day battery life, when is this fucking thing going to die?

>bootloops
elaborate pls

also do you think Sony Xperia E5 could be a better alternative?

>tfw 6 hours on screen on clean cm13 rom, redmi note 3.

Praise the chinkphones they said

got a Nexus 5 for 70$ just for modding.
Which is the best combo kernel+Rom right now?

>trying to find a Global Axon 7
>Literally can't find it
Can somebody help me out?
Can i get a link?

Why are all phone reviews on youtube made by autistic indians who can't speak English?
India should be nuked just for this shit.

In mobile right now. Just search axon 7 on aliexpress.

they all sound like murlocs from wow.

Lads do I:
>Get Mi5 128gb from aliexpress for about €410 which will be delivered in a month
Or
>Get Mi5 64gb from a local trusted webshop for €470 with 14 days of return time, and 2 years warranty which will be delivered the next day without problem

(checked)
the latter

>Get Mi5 64gb from a local trusted webshop for €470
Get Mi5 64gb for €295?

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Mi5-Prime-Snapdragon-820-Octa-Core-Press-Fingerprint-ID-FDD-4G-3GB-64GB-ROM/900031_32613429326.html

Even with $20 DHL shipping it's still cheaper and you'll get it in a week.

Finally put Cyanogenmod on s4
Feels excellent.
Does anyone have some tips for me, what else I should do to make the battery last longer?

Looks good but it's not exactly about the money for me, it's more about the warranty and if it arrives correctly.

Well if you're about that why not get a Oneplus 3 directly from their official website and it's 400€

Why are all phones out there so shit?

They all still put old 3000maAh batts into their top device, really you think there is more advancement in this departement, especially considering the hardware is getting more and more powerhungry...

SoTs of 4-6 hours....devastating imo
Those figures need to be doubled!

Because I've heard bad stuff about it's screen. I'm getting sick of phones that have shitty screens that are next to impossible to see in daylight or have shitty colors.

So your'e willing to pay €180 extra for that? why did you even ask about ordering from Ali if your'e not really willing to do it kek

OP3 has one of the best screens for daylight outdoor usage.

The "shitty" screen you've heard of is only due to the reviewers using a magnifier.

Under normal usage, you won't notice any difference.

I have it and honestly I fail to see the shitty screen part... So I don't know... know anyone with a OP3? Check it out I guess..

I am willing to order from ali, but I'm just a bit sceptical about it. Everything I've ordered from ali has had some kind of problem. Probably should've asked about other people's experiences.
Gonna check it out once I'm home from work. Don't know anyone with a OP3 sadly, only OP2 and a few OPX's.

>Android N releases
>Cool and useful new features
>iOS 10 beta
>garbage cancer everywhere
>ruined messages apps with dumb Snapchat like features for the kiddies
>new style for notification

I have been an iPhone user since 2011 with the 3GS. I think it's finally time to move to Android. When is the new Nexus coming out?

I'm not sure if it was done on purpose but your pic is hilarious. The Nexus 5 isn't getting Nougat from Google so it's a poor choice for the device image. Maybe I'm just too autistic for the joke...

Hopefully next month.

So I am a very casual phone user, about to order a Xiaomi redmi note 3.
For this price, even if it lasts 1 year or some damage happens to it (quite unlikely), it still worth it. Finding a good, reasonably priced AND unlocked phone nowadays is a fucking joke. I dont wan't to spend 300-400 GBP.

Nice blog.
also you should order the RN3P.

HTC 10 or iPhone SE? Both cost the same in my country.

Which one do you want? All other things being equal, the screen size difference alone is huge. Do you want a small screen or a big one?

Is there any android phone manager for windows that isn't a bloated java monster that displays ads at every step?
I need to tidy up my contacts and doing it directly on the phone is a pain.

What's a Sup Forums approved brand of screen protectors? Need one for the Moto X pure I just got yesterday. But there are just so many options on Amazon I don't know what do DO

Custom kernel bro. Radon 2.4 works wonders

Nillkin usually are pretty good imo.

So now Google dropped support for the Nexus 5, what are some good custom ROMs that are close to stock Android?

>5.5" quad HD one for the Marlin
Is there any point in going higher than 1k HD for mobile?

I have a 1k screen and it's not like you can see the individual pixels.
Wouldn't it just drain the battery faster?

Someone has to dare to be the best.

But seriously though no.

CM is pretty good, trebuchet is a lot like stock launcher and the icons and apps that come with it are decent.

I'd like to get a ZTE Zmax Pro for $100 or less. The ZTE Zmax 2 was a supserb deal at $60.

HTC 10

Even pajeet knows
youtube.com/watch?v=rqgO0uCXMpc

Should I upgrade from Note 5 to Note 7?

I've been trying to flash opengapps on top of cm13 for a whole day without success. Installation works no matter what I use (mini or aroma), no error message, everything successful according to the install messages, but the apps never appear. Wat do?

Saw that, I suppose it works with sateshes cyanogenmod rom?

they're not?

no.

GOD DAMNIT GOOGLE JUST PRESENT THE NEW NEXUS PHONES ALREADY

buy a bigger battery, there is also an app for agressive doze (only works with root actiavted though)

what are the new features on ios 10? Why is it cancer? elaborate please, share a mini review user

If its unlocked, can't you just put an unofficial version of nougat on?

App name please?

this one I think

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.doze

not sure since I don't have marshmallow / nougat on my smartphone. Stuck on lollipop with my zr.

mine came from the topone store on ali with dhl shipping no problems so far

I got a rooted galaxy s6 us cellular android 6.0.1. Any way to install a custom recovery on it? I've been trying to look for a guide or something but from what I read my model isn't supported by almost everything, even xposed. SM-G920R4
I'd like to try a custom rom or something.

I'll try, thanks senpai

Okay one of you guys please fucking respond.

SHOULD I GET THE S7, S7E OR THE ONEPLUS 3?

I'm new to Android roms. Stock has always been enough for me but it's looking like I'll have to venture from nexus devices this year. Gonna try the OP3 but then use CM14 to make sure I have the latest Android. Cyanogen is basically like an OEM skin right? Only it actually improves performance and features instead of making things worse like Touchwiz.

S7E
Gear vr is gucci

Hopped on the OnePlus3 bandwagon, phone will arrive in a couple days.

did I do well, did I fuck up, I haven't found anything that's not good with this phone and Dash charge looks very promising

IPhone, Marlin or sailfish?

I still have a nexus 4. I'm pleased with its longevity but more expensive nexuses mean there isn't now as a huge a price difference with iPhone. Plus they always have issues with battery life and shit cameras.

Stop being a freetard.

what's your requirement?

Is samsung gear vr nice for watching movies, anime and the like?

just get a case with a kick stnad and watch in your bed.

Need a phone to last me for the next 2 years and not get shit on like my S5 which is breaking easily.

I'd assume finger print scanner that won't shit itself like my s5 and a battery that doesn't deteriorate and can last me at least 8 hours of mild usage.

>tfw fell for the redmi meme
Does everything I want with battery life

The resolution is too low, in my opinion.

S7E is a better choice if you're looking for battery life, the exynos version is even better.

I really wish they'd release one with band 17

You use your phone 8 hours a day?

I'm Australian and get 4G/ 75mbps download in my area and everywhere I go, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm coming off a phone that only had 3G.

Need it for my line of work :(

Live in Canada, so I assume I'll get the Exynos version. Thanks!

>Nexus 5
Any Nougat roms available already?

I've got it on my Nexus 9 and I like the changes.

I think your best bet is finding a Nexus device that has a ZeroLemon case.

My carrier (C Spire) offers the following three android phones for "free" (with a contract)

LG K8
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Motorola Moto E

Which should I get? I'd prefer good battery life and I listen to music and shitpost more than anything else.

Shit, all three of them are only available with 8gb of storage. Nevermind then.

So i'm going to be a wageslave for the next few weeks starting from Monday. Although i'm probably going to drop from insomnia, I can appreciate the pay out. ( about 12 hours a day. )

With this taken into account I can finally get myself a better phone to replace my Lumia 640 ( medicore battery life, not enough ram / speed, etc. )

And i'm probably going for a more expensive phone because all of this.

I just want something reliable with high enough clock speeds, at least 2 GB ram and a good battery. Metal design and gimmicks like a fingerprint scanner, etc. are all right by me.

My budget is about 500 Euros and i'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a Huawei P9 when my pay check arrives.

No or go? Recommendations are welcome.

What's the point of Android 7? It has no big features that couldn't be part of a .1 release for Marshmallow. I'm actually kind of flabbergasted they went through the trouble of putting up a big show and building hype for what is essentially a small patch. And Goddamn how long are we gonna be stuck with material design?

new phones will look never with the software to counter iphone 7.
>And Goddamn how long are we gonna be stuck with material design?
forever.

OP3 or AX7.

so what do you guys think, is buying the nexus 6p stupid now that it is a year old and will only get updates for just one more year?

what do you think about the bending in your pocket issue?

>UnaPhone Zenith

Has anyone ever heard of this shit?

unaos.com/

Meant to be a security-based phone, but I don't know if I trust a project backed by an indiegogo campaign.

official updates don't matter on android. you can use custom roms and kernels. check to see on xda if they are alright.
use a tough case.

I need a new phone, I cant stand my LG G4 anymore.

>slow camera focus (if any)
>heat
>mediocre battery life (3h SoT)
>new games lag
>Android 6.0 removes features instead of adding them
>constant fear of bootlooping
>hard to root

What does this android version make so special compared to other android versions?

I wouldn't trust it.

I use to root/custom rom my phones all the time but now that I am full time student I want a secure/safe OS OTA if possible. But I guess installing CM will not be too time consuming.

wait for nexus I guess.

Or get the htc 10 / s7 / s7 edge / iphone and so on.

OP3 seems viable it's out of stock unfortunately. Not sure when it's stocked but I will keep it in mind, thanks, 'non.

It sounds pretty good in theory desu for paranoid Sup Forumsentoomen, but it's so obscure that I've never seen anyone mention it.

>constant fear of bootlooping

That's funny because mine bootlooped 6 months ago but it was still under carrier warranty so I swapped it out for an other phone. Just got up for work one day and the G4 wouldn't stop bootlooping, fuck LG.

try
oneplus.net/global/locations

For 500€ you can get a flagship, don't settle for huheuheuhuehue.

Any idea on OTA 7.0 for LG G4?

I also forgot to mention
>screen burn-in

Even for the 1440x2560 phones?

Q3 2017
Nothing official but don't expect anything until then

the lg g4 has an amoled display?

Is there a hope that nougat comes to the g4 and fixes it . it used to be a fine fone but marshmallow fucked it up

IPS
Which is strange that there's still some burn-in.