ITT We draw our ideal OS

ITT We draw our ideal OS

Other urls found in this thread:

ponyos.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, that's just your ideal DE.
You don't know what an OS is.

Well my ideal DE already exists. (I know it's weird but i prefer to have a global menu bar. I usually use keyboard shortcuts anyways.)

GNU/Hurd

/thread

Have you considered the following?

looks pretty similar to gnome desu

1 minute in paint

fuck off

>tfw this is a real OS
ponyos.org/
I'm gonna set up a virtual machine for this

He's cutie

The dream.

Aaaaaaa

Looks like a cross between Windows 7, Android, and the Gnome DE.

What stops you or anyone else from making it happen? I mean the whole thing is open source and it's not like some schizophrenic monk is going to do anything if you modify other than throw a temper tantrum.

>What stops you or anyone else from making it happen?

The fact that everything runs in ring 0?
Everyone you connect to can brick your hardware with an e-mail.

Buttseks

/thread

Is there any way to fix it? Basically put a buffer of some kind between the internet and the OS so that this problem doesn't exist?

Also what does "brick your hardware mean? Could you explain this in greater detail?

Replace firmware with garbage?

This is probably awful in terms of design, but it's what I would want for myself

Tit

It means someone competent can remotely switch off all your fans and put the CPU under 100% load until it melts.

Everything that's controlled by the OS is completely unprotected, and not seperated from user software.

Did you find out yet?

Fuck all of your your mother will die shit, take that back to whatever shithole it came from and dont count this as a (you) you faggot

>> 5 6 2 4 1 4 9 7

FAGGOT

That you're a fag?

>not letting the dock indicate the number of open windows already a fuxk up.
>two panels/taskbars thingies require 16:10 or 4k on a 16:9 display.
>as for the indicator...
>not having a volume popup whenever yoi change the vol
>how often do tou switch wifi connections tjat you neee it to be there... inb4 """"""""but i need to know if i am connect"""""""" so then, whqt is it like to have unreliable connection?
all you need is the time. maybe. just look at your phone.

I hate this meme.

if you don't reply to my post your mom will die retard.

>all that waste vertical space

If you don't repost this a 100 times in the next 10 seconds, your mum will die of hunger (hungry for cocks)

Fuck

I bring unto thee a "fuck you" spell

nigger

fuck ooooooff

–∆– (10:57)
•fsckoff@Sup Forums• #:

Basically, take Android, add a compatibility layer so all Android apps run perfectly on x86, and add in all the bits and bobs of the Linux kernel back in so it's basically a Linux distribution, but you can run Nova launcher as your WM if you like.

I've basically already done this on arm, where I've got an embedded Debian system running under the Android kernel so I'm able to run all Linux software that's been ported to arm Linux, and all Android apps because it's an android system, but the only way to run any sort of X-windows environment, I have to run a local vnc server and connect to that with an android vnc client r which if a pain in the dick. OR I can kill the android surface flinger service and run X-window natively, but lose access to android apps

I would pay good money for a rooted phone with a complete Debian system, but retaining the phone's functionality.

and keybinds for everything else

looks like budgie

>The fact that everything runs in ring 0?
That sounds pretty much like DOS

Are you drunk?

OS X is pretty much my ideal OS. The only thing that would make it better for me is if they went back to the pre-Yosemite look.

wasn't there only one update on this joke distro?

Yeah, budgie got the right sidebar right.

>It means someone competent can remotely switch off all your fans and put the CPU under 100% load until it melts.
This. Elite TempleOS hackers are everywhere these days.

Why Sugar get no love?

i love you.

Is that the OS used in Africa?

▲▲

sexiest in the thread for sure

I think it won the competition to be used for the whatever became of the $100 laptop project (it forked and morphed a few times?) which was largely targeted at helping people in Africa become computer users.

So basically, yes.

Kinda. Chatted with some One Laptop Per Child people recently and got to play around with one. There aren't all that many schools in africa that use it but those that do seem to love it.
One thing they're working on that they were showing off was a web portal that runs off a portable hard drive attached to a ras pi plugged into a portable battery. The thing is basically an offline cache of wikipedia and a few other reference sites as well as whatever else the teacher wants on there and it joins in to the fucking cool mesh network that the OLPC laptops have going and serves those pages a lot more quickly than the internet would. A standard portable battery like that would power it for a full schoolday.

first post best post

Y-no. whyya ask? :^)

▲▲

mine

meh tried my best

vectorial?

cool

gnome 3 desu

What OS is that?

>draw
Why not screenshot user senpai?

Hello OP. You seem to have confused the meaning of the term "operating system" for the unrelated word "desktop." An operating system has notthing to do with graphical interfaces, while desktops are specifically for user interaction.

can't beat perfection

literaly gnome

>macfag
>botnet browser
Nope

lmao m8
You're not still one of those "NSA is watching" tinfoils right?
Or do you still hide your CP and need that there extra protection?

It ain't tinfoil when it's a known fact.

/thread