What's the biggest tech fuck up you've ever made?

What's the biggest tech fuck up you've ever made?

ouchie benis

I installed a GNU/Linux OS on my computer

Bought an APU

Fucking zen arrive already

>cutfags will never be able to do this
>cutfags will never experience a slut sliding her tongue under your foreskin

I spilled wine off of the side of my desk and it fell through the top vents on my desktop while it was running. Went straight into the Mobo and immediately shorted it.

Once I realized what had happened I laid on the ground and stared at the ceiling fan for about half an hour.

>mfw I see a disgusting anteater

got windows 10 the day it was released.

but whatever i use (ganoo/)Linux now

>get 2 usb memory sticks from client
>load it with the needed stuff
>take them out
>give to client
>client mails me later
"usb no werk"
>i broke them by taking them out before "safely remove"

First usb sticks that has broken like that. And it just happened to be for a client..

Used one wrong screw when installing my motherboard.

It didnt stop PC from working but im pretty sure the mobo is set in place and will need to be broken to take out. Same goes for the standin since the screw feels like its been chewed up inside.

Lesson learned, dont say 'that'll do' picking out a screw that looks similar but isnt specifically for the standin.

enjoy your bacteria and infections dog dick

buttmad cheesedick detected

>amerifats who are yet to discover clean water

>take a shower once a week
Bam, problem doesn't exist. Most people shower daily where I live.

>realize I have no backup
>decide to copy /home to external drive
>hook up external drive
>open /home in file manager
>CTRL+A
>CTRL+X when I actually wanted to do CTRL+C
>open external drive in file manager
>CTRL+V
>realize there was a lot of other useless stuff already on the drive
>decide to do it once more, cleanly
>Shift+delete everything on external drive
>go back to /home
>notice it's empty

>Using Virgin Mobile

>buying an electric drum kit

>used glass cleaning liquid on my laptop's screen
>a tad too much
>it got under the bezels, on the connector
>connector and most likely the backlight are fucking fried
Nothing else was broken luckily. I've sent it for the repairs. Pls don't don't that, just use tissues.

I spilled an almost pint glass full of squash directly on top of an antec 900 case (big ass fan on top with almost no mesh grill)

never reached for the back switch faster, still runs to this day

rsync -avz, save yourself the hassle next time

I bought a FX-9590. It was a nice furnace until I underclocked it.

if you are super careful you could drill in to the top of the screw to break the head off. youd have to make sure not to leave any metal shards about from drilling into the screw and use a bit that you know wont damage the screwhole on the pcb.

Accidentally the wrong partition. Thank GNU for backups.

Let Genius bar fix my Mac

I am never going in one of those places again, they physically replaced the broken hard drive (it was free under warranty), but refuse to let me have the old drive so I could try to recover my data. I even offered 3 time the market price, but they said it was no long in the building. Apperently they got a teleporter that beams "their" hard drive to them for failure study, all within 5 minutes.

Two lessoned learned, apple sucks and invest in an external, even at the cost of eating.

spent a grand on a mining rig after the first happening in 2012.

barely made enough back to cover my power bill

be careful with rsync -a if the destination drive is something like fat or ntfs, -a preserves symlinks and perms by default and will get upset when it cant make them.

sudo rm -rf /

The funniest shit is how they keep defending it with "lol hygiene" "keks cheesedick". Like the simple act of washing your dick when you shower, is fucking rocket science. Dirty fucking animals should get into some soap and water. Disgusting, smelly fucks.

Buying no man's sky

Achievment unlocked