Why is Linux so fucking awful?

I'm a first time user using raspbian. Why do all the most simple, mundane tasks require so many fucking steps just to complete? I read somewhere on stack exchange that people enjoy nano while it makes me want to literally kill myself. Why, in terminal commands, are directories case fucking sensitive?? It's 2016, no self respecting OS should be that autistic about directories. And for the love of god why do you have to chmod a simple fucking script just to execute it? Windows figured out how to implement batch scripts in the fucking 90s. Are you really telling me I have to write the entire file over again every time I want to test it? Kys. Why do I have to open a text file on my desktop with fucking SUDO if I want to be able to save it? Garbage. Why is the default keyboard layout set to the UK? Garbage. Why didn't it update when I set the time zone? Because Linux is garbage, that's why. And I know what you'll say, "these are just a raspbian/debian specific bugs. My preferred version of Linux much superior" go Fuck yourself. There are some things that should just fucking work, no matter the flavor.

Let me put it like this, I now understand why Apple charges so much for OSX. It's because Apple had to implement so many basic fucking features into Linux to make it even remotely usable.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/4z9w44/why_is_linux_so_fucking_awful/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

GR8 B8 M8 8/8

yep. Apple takes a toolbox, removes all the tools from the box and now you have a box to put stuff in.

OSX isn't based on Linux, moron.

Only cucks use Linux

>raspbian is my first distro
Kys.

>Raspbian
>Expecting a full user freindly experience.

this is some tasteful pasta

Sup Forumsuaranteed butthurt

How will Freetards ever recover?

Go play in the mud, computers aren't for you.

>raspbian
kek

More like cucksta

>Why, in terminal commands, are directories case fucking sensitive??
Everything is case sensitive. You're not in kindergarten anymore.
>And for the love of god why do you have to chmod a simple fucking script just to execute it?
So other people can't execute scripts for you.
> Are you really telling me I have to write the entire file over again every time I want to test it?
lol no? You seem to be confused here.
>Why do I have to open a text file on my desktop with fucking SUDO if I want to be able to save it?
You need admin or root privileges to edit it. It didn't belong to your account. If you want to go full retard do this and log in as root.
sudo passwd root
>Why is the default keyboard layout set to the UK?
Raspberry Pi is from the UK. I'm embarrassed for you.
>Why didn't it update when I set the time zone?
Unless you manually tell it, it must connect to a networked time server the exact way Windows or OSX does.
>My preferred version of Linux much superior" go Fuck yourself.
You are upset because this is all new to you and you weren't nearly as smart or patient as you thought you were. My suggestion is go play some vidya games.

"M-m-muh botnet!!!"

This is bait.

All of these responses are correct, while the OP is clearly either rash and ignorant, or a troll.

>t. Pajeet

I don't recognize the original movie source. What is this from?

Linux and Open Source in general is fucking awful.

Apple HQ.

Trolling that hard.

I mean the name of the movie or show the clip was made from.

wtf I hate linux now.

>t. Pajeet

Not everyone is born smart, just stick to windows.

I could write an essay just as long as this about how wrong this essay is... I could also write an essay just as long, about how shit Windows is.

Instead I'm just going to call you a faggot, because this is obv b8. Not to mention completely out-dated...

why is windows so fucking awful? I have to search through 100 chink websites to find the program I need, while on Linux I can type sudo apt-get and get good programs from official repositories

Silicon Valley.

>freetard can't defend his open sores garbage

Just admit OP was right.

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/4z9w44/why_is_linux_so_fucking_awful/

the mere fact that you browse reddit. Disgusting.

No... I was just sparing you the necessity to type "tl;dr." Like a faggot who can't speak English you spic.

>this mad

>this autistic

after googling this it is from /r/linux

you shouldn't have to use sudo for desktop files, you probably messed with permissions the only way to fix is to install gentoo

>Bait pasta thread
Report and move on

TempleOS for life.