Buying a MoBo is the most confusing shit ever

Buying a MoBo is the most confusing shit ever.

I have an i7 6700k. What is the cheapest mobo I can buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_z170_deluxe_review,22.html
hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/69944-asus-z170-skylake-motherboard-review-16.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>buying an high end processor
>gimping it with a cheap motheboard
OP ladies and gentlemen

mobo with same socket is good start.

MSI PC MATE Z170A

>MSI PC MATE Z170A
Thank you for the actual suggestion bro.

Don't cheap out on a mobo.
Get one that's around $200 and u will be fine.
The g1 gaming is pretty nice.

Cheap mobos can fail and they usually take the CPU with it.

Why did you purchase a i7 6700k if you're looking for a cheap motherboard? Don't cheap out on the motherboard, and don't even consider getting some cheap PSU with an unknown brand.

Make sure the motherboard's socket is correct for your CPU, which would be the LGA1151.

Also, make sure you buy the appropriate RAM for your motherboard. It's no good if you buy DDR4 memory for a motherboard which only supports DDR3. You should also check the maximum memory capacity and what memory speeds it can handle.

Not my first rodeo - it just seemed like every mobo that supported this chip was a GAYMEN mobo certified by FATAL1TY with EXTRA MARKUP.

A brand like MSI is decent, and any "performance" benefit by the motherfucking mobo is placebo.

>any "performance" benefit by the motherfucking mobo is placebo
That's real talk from someone who probably doesn't know how a northbridge even works.

The impact at that pricepoint is minimal, but what you're saying is patently wrong.

>Is it the right size motherboard?
>Is it the right chipset to maximize your shit?
>does everything you want fit on it?
If yes, then sort by price and pick the one with the most leds

>implying there is any reason to buy some ultra expensive motherboard

Again, its likely any mobo that supports i7 6700k with the Z10 chipset has little perf difference at this time.

Any $200+ board is made to gauge gamers who want to think they are gaining 3 fps by using a board sponsored by their favorite esport "athlete".

Yes Dubs McGee, but
>any "performance" benefit by the motherfucking mobo is placebo
Is fucking bullshit and you know it.

¿The MSI H110M PRO-VH is fine for a i5 6600(non-K)?

AM3 socket motherboard. It is the best for Intel CPUs.

Yeah, its cheap and good, you dont need any of those "gaming" brands.

>buying non k parts
It's stupid. I did it back in sandy bridge and i regret it now.

Then how is he going to game?

Yeah, go buy your shitty glued on VRM heat sinks with a hot glue gun motherboard, shitty power capacitors, and half the connectivity features your processor can take.

Never mind the shitty PCB with shitty current design that gives your monitor an electrical wine like it's a CRT from 1982 about to blow up. You want to listen to music? Great plug in your headphones and blow your fucking USB port fuses making every other USB port on your PC non-functional. Better hope those mosfet transistors last longer then six months.

Or you can drop an extra 20 bones and get a decent motherboard with quality components.

There really isn't a difference besides the number/types of available ports and the power delivery components. It's not like you need shitloads of VRMs if you aren't overclocking anyway.

gigabyte Z170-HD3

Asrock Z170a-x1

Make sure you buy something with a Z170 chipset
I mean I probably shouldn't have cheaped out on a motherboard but the z170 chipset allows for decent overclocking and bios feature set

could you elaborate?

>6700k
>cheapest
Doesn't work like that, m8.
An unlocked CPU needs a decent mobo to overclock. By decent I mean 8 or 10 phases, TPU, FPU, decent mosfet cooling.

You cheapest bet is MSI Crait or Asus Z170-A.
But you should ideally get a flagship for $250-$300.

There is little need for like a $300 mobo but at the same time there is a lot to be said for not going as cheap as possible. Many motherboards that are middle of the road price wise have very useful chipsets and onboard features. Not to mention a decent warranty or build quality.

There is no need to be a contrarian douche.

Why do you have a CPU and no motherboard? How did this come about? Give it back, Tyrone?

Op at this point it doesnt really matter what brand you get as long as its not asrock or foxconn.
Since you got a k series processor ill go ahead and assume you want to overclock. Thanks to the jew tax of intel, your only option will thus be a z series.
You can just filter the shopping site of your choice for your chipset and whatever z series theyre on for it, which i believe is the z170, and pick the cheapest one that will fit.
If you got the k series because Sup Forums told you it was "more better" and didnt question why an do not want to overclock, the chipset really doesnt matter as much. You can find the differences between the chipsets on intels site.

>$250-$300

Lol no. There is no reason whatsoever to get a board that expensive. $150-$200 is fine. I mean fuck, I got my ROG GAYMER 1337 EDITION Asus Ranger Z170 for $180. ROG branding aside, it's a very good motherboard.

Anyway OP, consider the MSI Krait, Asus Z170-A/AR/P. Gigabyte Z170 Gaming 5 ain't bad either.

If you wanted to cheap out on a motherboard, should have gotten a locked 6700 and a B150 chipset board. They're usually $70-$100.

>Lol no. There is no reason whatsoever to get a board that expensive

Enjoy your 4.2ghz at 1.4v, poorfag.

By "I have", I mean "Its in my Amazon cart"

you mean my 4.6ghz @ 1.3v.

>what is LLC?
>What is voltage offset?

What's the matter? Setting a few options in BIOS too difficult?

>Amazon
Found your problem, amazons search and categories are fucking terrible. Oh you want 1151 motherboard? Maybe you would be interested in this case instead.

You do set the options on the flagships too. Except the voltage delivered is more stable and accurate. The $150 cheapo mobos have up to 0.05 vcore spread, the flagship VRM gives you exactly what you want, thanks to the discrete voltage regulation.
Same CPU clocks 200mhz higher on Asus deluxe than on most midrange mobos.

>Since you got a k series processor ill go ahead and assume you want to overclock
The K is $10 more. I'm not overclocking, but throwing $10 to "future proof" is worth it.

you're right about having a good VRM section helping with stability and OC potential, but "200mhz extra" doesn't even make sense. At what voltage? Whether a chip can/cannot reach a certain speed is all based on the silicon lottery of the chip itself. Having a motherboard that can hold 1.45v EXACTLY with no fluctuation compared to a motherboard the goes from 1.43v-1.45v means nothing if the chip itself still needs a set amount of voltage to achieve stability at a certain speed. The only thing high end motherboard with 16 phase VRMs is good for is top end OC. You want 5.0ghz for long term use without nuking the board? Then go with something like the deluxe.

Other than that, not worth dropping $300 on a board in OPs case.

>inb4 poorfag hurrr
I get whatever tech I want. Had I a use for the stupid i7-6950X I'd have gotten that. I just don't spend unnecessarily.

>but "200mhz extra" doesn't even make sense.
At 1.4v setting one mobo gets the CPU to 4.5, the other to 4.9. If we're talking about cheapo vs flagship.

>Whether a chip can/cannot reach a certain speed is all based on the silicon lottery of the chip itself.
No. Half of it is based on the motherboard, the other half on the silicon lottery.

>Had I a use for the stupid i7-6950X I'd have gotten that. I just don't spend unnecessarily.
Motherboard has to cost 80% of the CPU. That's the general rule of thumb for intels. If you are wasting money on an unlocked CPU it means you want to overclock, yet are too cheap to get an overclocking board.
Confirmed poorfag.

>Motherboard has to cost 80% of the CPU. That's the general rule of thumb for intels

Since when? Other than people with more money than sense, since when do you HAVE to spend 80% of CPU price? That's retarded. Unless the board has features you want, there is no need. Don't get me wrong, If I had just spent $1500 on the 6950X, I wouldn't be using some $200 special X99 board. But neither would I feel compelled to buy an $600 board just because. Also,to dispel your garbage.

Your beloved Asus Deluxe OC review. TL,DR 4.8ghz usable @ 1.456v

guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_z170_deluxe_review,22.html

Bargin Bin tier Asus Z170-A. TL,DR Just shy of 4.8ghz @ 1.354v.

hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/69944-asus-z170-skylake-motherboard-review-16.html

I'm not denying the Deluxe board is better. But saying the better board will get you +400mhz on the CPU clock compared to a cheaper counterpart is complete horse shit. If you have a cherry clocking I7, by all means, grab an amazing board, price be damned. OC that chip to the moon and back. But for a general run of the mill, off the shelf chip, the difference is minimal.

And I know ALL about VRM and OCing. I owned the FX-9590 and had that motherfucker up to 5.5ghz on water. I know all about the necessity of a stellar VRM section and decent cooling on said VRMs.