I3 question

"i fell for the minimalism meme and installed i3. but it can't even minimize windows? how is having everything on screen 'minimalist' lol"

Kill you are self

Because if you have everything available by just inputting a key combo to get to a certain desktop it's way faster than shuffling through a taskbar for everything you have open.

This is now a dubs thread

pls try to stay on topic
no its not? you just click on the icon

>You just click the icon
With a window manager you just push 2 keys on the keyboard without having to move your hands, way more efficient.

>i3

Unless you are doing gaymen (i5) or simulations (CFD, FEA), i dont see the problem

THEWHOLEPOINTISTOMAKEFULLUSEOFTHEFUKINSCREENDUMBANIMEPOSTER. This is wgy I can't take i3-gaps users seriously.

you should have gone i7, or i5 at least

Not gonna lie, this is a quality shitpost

Why?

desktops go on

bump

MAKI

What the fuck are you bumping for?

Just use a good floating wm like open box or look up hot keys and configs for i3.

Bcuz I'm not gay

Nice.

Obox, mi negrotio

This

Just use stacking mode as the default
>that whole rest of the post
Minimal as in lightweight

it's not really needed when there are tabbed and stacked layouts doing the job of hiding things. just keep using it and you'll get used to the workflow. if not you'll hate and drop it anyway. there also scratchpad thing but it don't use it.
also i use i3 not because of minimalism but because i got very used to it. since i3 i always find something annoyingly missing or suboptimal with other environments. minimalism is of course a nice plus on a shitty netbook with 4G of ram and little 1366x768 screen.

checkem

>i3
>minimalist
ok

>having everything on screen
try Super+W, or Super+S (or Alt+W, Alt+s, depending on your config)

>assuming facebook or Sup Forums shitposting needs more than a i3

Who the fuck is this Maki?

KYS

I want to gang bang Maki with Sup Forums!

[spoiler]tfw I only have aqwhores in this computer and my ll folder is in my laptop on a separate room[/spoiler]

a 15 year old anime girl that pedos jack off to

>using i3 when bspwm exists
why?

>I think my WM was using up 4GiB of ram
lol