Finally get application accepted

>finally get application accepted
>hr department emails me telling me to get interview set up
>tfw i know they'll ask why they can't find me on facebook

what do?

this is also potentially my first interview for an IT job so I really can't fuck this up.

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/22/stories-from-main-street-teenage-girl-ditches-smartphone-for-flip-phone-to-find-peace/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Have you considered telling them you're not on Facebook because you don't have an account?

>penn_jilette.jpeg

>It's this thread again

Why do we always have a thread like this attached with a frog picture?

You got the interview based on all the info they have about you, including the fact you have no facebook.

When asked, don't go full autist. Talk about by what other means you connect with friends (lel), and what great and productive things you do instead of fucking around on facebook

Tell them it lowers productivity so you don't have one.

This didn't happen, it never happens.

This is just a b8 thread because it resonates with the users of Sup Forums due to many people here not using social media extensively or at all (whether for reasons of spying or other personal choices).

it's just bait, just like posting self-victimization and excusemaking works for good b8 on /fit/ due to people mostly wanting to improve themselves

This guy gets it, both places I worked recently were happy I didn't have a large social media presence because it means I'm not doing stupid shit frequently on public record\

One place got me to sign up with slack, but that's it

Most respectable employers will not ask you about your social media accounts. They have no interest in being friends on your non-existent Facebook. In fact, I'm sure there are many people who make alt accounts just for work after they're hired. The only exception would be LinkedIn, which is definitely for work-only and has no connection to your personal life whatsoever.

literally no one cares about it

I've never even been asked why by friends or girls. Only a few times and I just said "Oh i found it distracted me a lot so I got rid of my facebook" and they say "oh ok" and instantly switch to something else

I already gave up on trying to work in IT because of this shit.

I'm self-employed now.

>I already gave up on trying to work in IT because of this shit.
you gave up over a Sup Forums meme?

newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/22/stories-from-main-street-teenage-girl-ditches-smartphone-for-flip-phone-to-find-peace/

>Hey user. Your CV is great, but we cannot find your BookFace. Care to explain?
>Well, I was addicted to BookFace and Tweeter, but it was affecting my productivity. I read this article here, and was inspired by this brave girl who ditched social media to find peace. So I am following in her footsteps, and focusing on my career, and leaving social media alone for a year or two.
Tada!

Not solely, it's just one of many reasons why I decided to bail out.

It's more of a thing than Sup Forums makes it out to be. I believe in a separation of work matter and personal life. I make it a point not to discuss my work with people in my personal life and not to discuss my personal life with people at work.

I consider it an offense for my employer to start combing through my social media accounts, looking through my personal life, as some bizarre requirement for being employed.

So, I skirt around the whole thing by being self-employed.

it wouldn't matter, lots of normies deactivate and reactivate their accounts on a whim, it's not that abnormal to not have an active social media account.

Just say you exclusively use snapchat

>tfw i know they'll ask why they can't find me on facebook
Not worth working for.

>It's more of a thing than Sup Forums makes it out to be
>I consider it an offense for my employer to start combing through my social media accounts, looking through my personal life, as some bizarre requirement for being employed.

I deleted my facebook account over 7 years ago.

The fact that I don't use social media has come up maybe a handful of times in that time frame.

Employers have never asked, sometimes friends or new people I meet ask and I just say "Oh i was getting distracted due to facebook and so i decided to deactivate it". That's it, no one prodded any further or cared.

You people seem to think you're more important than you are, as if people are going to start interrogating you, and then give you the option to retort their allegations, and then you link the Stallman facebook thing and go through it, and then start explaining free software and why proprietary software spies on you and is evil and shouldn't be used. NO ONE gives a FUCK

It's the same autistic memer
Probably the one who made countless javascript pizza and 16GB RAM threads

Except some places actually do make a big deal of it, and I've encountered a couple of them. Most places check you out when you're not around, but occasionally someone will do it during an interview and bring it up.

I really, really struggle to believe any company is going to reconsider employing you or make a big fuss about it if you don't have social media besides linkedin or something

What fucking company specifically are you applying for??

Facebook.

>besides linkedin or something
There's your problem. You think this stuff happens when people have just one.

*instantly talk to someone else
FTFY

Facebook is over 7 years old?
Holy shit I suddenly feel like a grandpa.

>want to order pizza online
>order website requires nonfree javascript
>tfw the botnet wants me to starve.

Wrong filename, but nice try.

>remembering the filename
autist

guys guys i forgot to put in a subject line. is it kill?

So get a linkedin, no reason not to if you're actually trying to get somewhere in your career.