Why is this OS so damn great?

Pic unrelated

Not perfect, but better for development than OSX is right now

i dont know, but its pretty fuckng good. i have fedora 24/arch 4.4.4 on my laptop, but for work reasons i need windows on my desktop, this OS if its kept as a rolling release, is gonna be good for M$ for a long time

I've been running it for a few months now, and there are no problems whatsoever. Haters BTFO.

Fucking amazing OS. Stunning visuals, innovative UI design, and seemless application compliance.

What I want to know is why hasn't someone gone and made a complete and unapologetic clone of Windows. You have a few Linux distros which sort of imitate it on a superficial level, but why not a complete ripoff?

Are you trolling right. That image doesn't depict ios !!

>Why is this OS so damn great?
You have low standards. There's a lot of ugly fat chicks looking for a man like you.

Why?

Agree, switching from OSX, refreshing the lack of bouncing shit all over the place, and it just looks better.

>I cured my ADD by switching to W10

I still use Windows Vista (Service Pack 1).

Installing XP, tbqh famalam.

>Stupid ancient drivers and programs

Ugh. I have the displeasure of being forced to use it on my laptop (Linux incompatibility with my graphics driver).

Everything is just bulky and slow, compared to what I'm used to.

Startup time is garbage compared to what I'm used to.

I now have to restart my computer to install updates, which is retarded, and I also have to sit there and wait while it applies the updates instead of getting to use my computer while it applies the updates like what you can do on Linux.

I also have advertisements in the start menu, fuck that.

Security is a nightmare. I refuse to purchase anything online using W10.

Finally, fuck Cortana. If I wanted that a shit service like that I'd use the equally shitty Siri on iOS.

I've been running it for a few months, I get a problem every 2 days. After about 80 restores and 6 successful restores it's able to stay on for 30 minutes at a time before a "memory management error" or some various other error blue screens me (and again on reboot over and over) or by some miracle it makes it past boot up and a "remote procedure call failure" prevents me from doing anything else
Not to mention the CONSTANT driver incompatibilities and the forced updates always leaving programs dead

Oh, and the battery indicator just doesn't show up when I boot up sometimes, and I can't get it back through the settings. I have to reboot and hope it shows up this time.

And moving from my HDD laptop with Windows 7, Windows 10 with an SSD is MUCH slower on startup

It's time to get a Macbook because it seems you're too retarded to use a computer

Did you try doing a fresh install?

Windows 7 was home. Then a simple screen failure forced me into Windows 8 which was total garbage. My friend updated my computer to 10 without my knowledge and with the amount of USB bootables I've made trying to fix various Windows 10 issues, I have been stuck ever since

I tried many many times, every one of my flash drives is still a Windows 10

I had this exact thing happen, but with the audio indicator. I eventually switched back to windows 8.1 due to that and various other memory related problems

>SP1
literally why, install sp2 user.

because every week the update breaks everything and fixing it keeps me from thinking about my miserable life

This happens to my wifi icon, also networking gets disabled completely

bcus it plays vidjya

Worst OS I have every experienced on all levels. It inspired me to convert all my family to Linux and they have never been happier.

wtf i love microsoft now

install linux

"Hey Mom look I created another thread on Sup Forums"
"that's nice dear"

>posting the ribbit from
back you go

It is shit.

honestly the buggiest windows to date
i wish i could just go back to xp
i'd even be fine with win7

I updated day 1 on my laptop that was connected to my Microsoft account. Then I didn't like it and reinstalled 8.1. is 10 still on my account? Might try it again when I build a new PC.

Windows 7 will become outdated as it won't be long until MicroSoft drops support for it. All the smart people are moving onto Windows 10 now, and so should you.

It's not. It's absolutely horrible.

It's so monumentally awful I can't possibly do it justice in one post. It's a fractal of bad design and even beginning to explain what's wrong with it requires a silver tongue and a lot of free time where you're able to delve headfirst into the depths of hell that is Windows.

For what it's worth it's probably the worst piece of software ever created.

$0.10 has been deposited into your Microsoft account.

I don't understand what issues you are having, it works perfectly fine on my machine with no issues. It's most probably user error on your part.

$0.05 has been deposited into your Microsoft account.

FUCK WINDOWS 10 I TRIED TO TURN ON MY LAPTOP THIS MORNING AND ENDED UP WITH PIC RELATED. I don't have an install disc and cant fix it

I forgot pic

If you have a rebuttal I'm happy to hear it but otherwise please stop wasting digital real estate with this inane bullcrap.

I get some disk read errors sometimes on boot
also sometimes when I shut down it just goes to desktop again

its pretty comfy. i cant find a good wallpaper tho :(

I don't understand what issues you are having, it works perfectly fine on my machine with no issues. It's most probably user error on your part.

I always see people say this but I dont get why. What's so great about it? The task manager is pretty cool I guess, the search bar sucks dick and searches the internet before my files which pisses me off, I cant stop it from stealing ne personal information, I read that even if you use a VPN Windows 10 still sends requests through the regular connection as well.. the list goes on. I havent found anything specific to Windows 10 that I can say is a badass feature. IMO Windows 7 was way better. Is it something under the hood? What's so great about it?

so repair with ISO lol

took off a Linux partition and had no reboot and windows ISO actually fixed the MBR in seconds.

Not trying to shill here. but worked out fine and quick and it does have great recovery feature snow.I feel bad for typing this since I used to use Linux.

>using reset disables keyboards
>sleep mode frys gpus by locking them in high power state
>app store shit everywhere
>cant disable services
yeah its pretty great alright.

WELL WHAT FUCK DID I DO THEN MICROSHILL? I DON'T TORRENT LIKE A POOR FAG, I DON'T MESS AROUND WITH SKETCHY LOOKING SITES NOR DO I MESS WITH SERVICES.

DX12

Need I say more?

Of course not, DX12 is amazing and you already know that.

How do I do that? I only see disc or USB boot options. No iso options.

What about Vulkan?

I used ISO to burn to USB it is in the repair and advanced repairs section

>windows os w/a bash shell

fossfags have no more defenses

DX12 is superior, and every game dev is gonna use it also or exclusively, making Windows 19 the obvious choice for any serious gamer.

DX12 is great! The 12 stands for only 12 games will ever support it.

*Windows 10 excuse my typo

igtt 1/10

Nigga please.

>If Microsoft ever does applications for Linux it means I've won.
– Linus Torvalds, 1998

Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows Home Server 2011 user here. No reason to upgrade any os to Win Ten or Server 2012/16. All three are working great so why mess with it.

Except for the fact that business users, with data centers full of Windows servers because that's all their shitty Pajeet outsourced IT department can manage, would sue their asses into oblivion. Corporate customers didn't roll out 8 or 8.1, and they're sure as fuck not going to move to 10 any time soon either.

Win7 doesn't have directx 12 so there. Now you don't know what to say.

ReactOS?

Because it made you say that

stay mad freefags

kek'd and almost checkd

It just works. Never had any issues ever since it became available on Enterprise. The two major updates have gone smooth on all 3 of my PCs.

You'll need to download a windows 10 iso, put it on usb using rufus or something else, boot from it and go to "repair" or something when the installation window shows up.

What's the difference between enterprise and LTSB?

Windows 7 is only supported until 14 January 2020. This date was set years ago.

Enterprise LTSB stays on one version forever. So 2015 LTSB will always be build 10240 and Microsoft will never try to upgrade you. Also there's no Edge browser.

Are both similar in that there isn't any/as much extra bloat that the standard versions have?

You can turn off telemetry completely, but other than that, it's the same privacy settings as any other version of Windows 10.

They've been at it for a while, they've perfected the desktop OS

Yes, and it was called Vista.

>mfw the only thing any Windows after XP does better than XP is desktop composition (XP is screen tearing out the ass unless you're on a CRT)
I wish they wouldn't have stopped supporting it, it's so fucking comfy.
>MFW it's fast as hell on a hard drive with 512mb ram and I'm on a SSD with 4gb ram
No modern OS will EVER. be able to do this well with so little memory.
>running the latest firefox

>installing literal malware

Is classic shell still infected? I haven't bothered checking.

tbqh, it just werks

Replace Classic Shell with Start8 and you're golden.

the download was infected for like a few hours on only that one day. And add to that, the infected file wasn't signed (when you open a new exe in windows it usually says the author in the "Do you want to run this?" window, the infected file was left blank). The MD5sum was wrong too. Only retards got infected.

LTSB got an Anniversary update build.

Sorry but your computer is either shit or has some parts dying

>dark blue Embedded theme
Classy.

That's the 2016 LTSB.

implying just the theme

oh shit, I remember the threads pushing this when 8 first came out

>mfw new to windows 10, new laptop
>while the lid is closed, and supposedly in sleep mode, I hear the fans blowing full blast, open it up to check it out
>just installed automatic update
>was running even with the screen closed, wasn't even in standby mode, I think the display was even lit but I might be wrong.
>windows 10 conveniently uninstalled speccy for me because it's unsupported now, enjoy the update!

I even had all the botnet user settings turned off

Designated shitty OS

Yeah it's comfy as hell for a Windows OS. Ridiculously more optimal and less of a resource whore than anything MicroPajeet has recently shat out. The "no desktop compositing = terrible screen tearing" issue is awful though, but it's still nicer than dealing with 10.

It's the final Windows. Better get used to it.

>It's the final Windows
Judging from the new upgrade model, it seems likely that whenever M$ decides to stop supporting your hardware you'll be left with a perpetually beta OS with no way to update unless you buy a new computer.

It already happened with Windows 8.1 and CMPXCHG16b

This.