Which is the best model? Sapphire nitro?

Which is the best model? Sapphire nitro?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131697
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx470/
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Whats-Asynchronous-Compute-3DMark-Time-Spy-Controversy
developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver
pccasegear.com/products/36317/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-oc-8gb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have a Sapphire OC 470 4GB, if you don't have fucking 3+ case fans your house will burn down with a 480

the 1060, of course.

If you want performance, then Nitro is your card. But it'll be slightly hot and loud.

If you want silence and coolness, then Red Devil is your card.
But it won't overclock too good.

If you want lgbt lightning shit and only buy things for the looks of it, then Strix is your card.
But it'll be hot, loud and won't overclock for shit. Even a 470 Nitro outperforms this shit.

>less vram
>slower vram
>less fp32 performance
>less DX12 performance
Whoops looks like you landed on the wrong website. Just google "cuck reddit" and you should find the place where you belong.

>memes
>memes
>more memes
90% of games work better on the 1060, stop trying to trick yourself into thinking AMD is good.

Thank you panjeet, 5 rupees have been deposited to your account.

1060 will be shit long term. It's only worth it if you like playing ancient games like Half Life 2 over and over again for some reason.

>still cant get a 480 for less than 320 dollarydoos

>Long term
>For a midrange card

AMDfags proving they only buy because they're poor yet again

Ironically I actually used to own a 960 before I got a 480

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131697

u wot m8?

>long term

DOOM made by ID the biggest nerds in the videogames industry, AMD console port using GCN's secret shader sauce intrinsic functions, It won't get any better than that.

Meanwhile Nvidia gets from 5 to 20FPS boost with the newer driver and slowly catching up, and this is just with a new driver no game update from the devs meaning Nvidia intrinsic functions etceta are yet to be implemented.

You do realize Nvidia doesn't have full hardware async computer support right? They are fucked with all the DX12 titles coming out.

I admit I didn't mention Canadian dollars but I did say dollarydoos

>at least it aint Australia

Got the 8GB nitro overclock yesterday. I'm downloading battlefield 4 right now to see what it's got.

by this the gtx 970 is in the same boat

Oh please explain to me whats the difference between finishing a rendering job at 6ms using async vs finishing a rendering job at 6ms without async.

Please go ahead.

The difference is instead of 6ms it's 4ms when its used correctly a la Doom

You changed the question though.

So I'm going to assume you are ignorant about the topic and you're just regurgitating AMD propaganda.

kys.

it was a loaded question retard, the only options are to change it or to ignore it. Obviously i chose wrong.

Haha so now a normal situation while developing a rendering engine is a loaded question, ain't that rich.

kys.

When can I get the 470 for $150 Sup Forums??

Im afraid to play anything on my integrated Intel 6500K

sometime between soon and a while
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx470/

I thought MSI was the cooler and more silent card?

I got an MSI 480 for temps and quiet.

Red Hot Jew is best one.

the game is rendered differently and not by 6ms per say. It's rendered parallel wither other ops. Asynchronous compute could describe any optimization that allows tasks to execute when it is most convenient, rather than just blindly doing them in a row.
If you want more info
pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Whats-Asynchronous-Compute-3DMark-Time-Spy-Controversy

its broken down here, into graphs were you can understand. Since, you fully dont know what async is

this, long time sapphire fan.
sapphire fucking up with this generation like really bad.

does AMD have something better than the 1070? looking to upgrade from gtx660 now

Is that your handwriting, user? I like it a lot. It seems low effort, yet appears stylish at the same time.

Dropped the 1060 and now maybe picking up a 480 Nitro+ 8GB OC

Anything I should know, niggers?

That patch is already out.

developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

>Windows driver version 368.69 and Linux driver version 367.27 provide full support for Vulkan.

What's next for you to lie about?

Try to undervolt then overclock for big gains.

AMD cards don't scale linearly with clock speed, a 5% overclock has shown 10% performance boosts in some cards.

It's also a stealth 4k card. Drop some settings and you could sit comfortably at 30-50FPS.

No
but if you do enough mental gymnastics like any other AMDfag you can convince yourself the 480 is better than a 1070

Very noice

Hope the factory RNG allows me to reach some sweet 1380-1400mhz at least

Overclocking the memory will get you noticeable performance gains

I still can't decide on which one to buy, either the Sapphire Nitro+ or MSI Gaming X. The MSI one looks like a solid card, cool and quiet, but the Nitro is sexy as fuck. Not like they're available for me yet though. The only model I can find is HIS Turbo. I'm not sure about the quality of this one though. Also it looks rather unattractive.

I'm trying to make the same decision on the 4GB version, upgrading from 960.

Reports of hot 'n' loud on the sapphire worry me. Had a MSI 560ti, it was pretty good. I personally prefer the look of the MSI card over the sapphire, due in no small part to a much sleeker back-plate and I have a MSI gaymen motherboard that would match it nicely.

However the MSI is $30 more expensive here in ausfag land... A year extra warranty is nice, though.

I got the MSI twin shit one, waiting on the delivery man.

rx 470 unless you really want 8gb vram

Of course the sapphire is hot and loud, almost all the other aftermarket coolers have ~50% larger heatsink on them.

Both have binned chips, so they have just about the same OC potential.

UNDER
VOLT

Every 480 will accept -25 and instantly run 5-7'c cooler with better stability

Im running a nitro at -40 which reduces the temps 10'c

Just wondering if i were to get the XFX Radeon RX 480 GTR OC 8GB over the XFX black version would i be getting jewed? is the black version binned at all or is the only difference a slight OC that i can do myself on the regular one?

Replying to myself to add something. This is the card im looking at, read the description part about the LED logo if you want some super cringe. pccasegear.com/products/36317/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-oc-8gb

Red devil just released an unlocked bios for the card so it should be oc'able

Forgot about these, you're right.

Then this might be the best choice. Too bad it won't fit in all chassis.

Which 470 is the cooler and quieter model?

>the customs department is on strike in my country
>the rx 480 aftermarket models are locked away in federal custody right when they arrive in the country
>probably have to wait til the situation turns a little better for the retailers
>somehow tons and tons of GTX1060s are reaching their jewish retailers anyway

HOLY SHIT MAN

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I JUST WANT MY 8GB NITRO+ 480

DONT MAKE ME BUY A SOON-TO-BE-GIMPED 1060

Im so fucking mad right know, im not even shitposting. This shit happens right when I got good money to spend on a good rig

Said by no AMD fan boy ever

I know this thread is about Rx 480 but i figured it would all be people who know about GPUs here so it makes sense to ask here, has anyone seen any review of the Leadtek GeForce GTX 1060 WinFast 6GB it is quite a lot cheaper than any other GTX 1060.

I dont give a shit about temperatures (as long as its not going to damage itself) or noise so i dont really mind its a shit reference looking cooler unless it overclocks like a piece of shit as well as being hot and loud

Brazil.

Where's my prize?

you will have to pay 150 dollars of taxes before you get it.

REEEEEEEEEEE

Fuck this country senpai

hue
Hey anão

>people who know about GPUs here
>Sup Forums
Funny joke

I got a 1060 due to some major delays with the 480 custom cards here... that and it was cheaper than any of the stock 480's anyway.

Pretty pleased with it really, it's my first nvidia GPU since the 8800gt and having a much better experience thus far.

It was only needed as a temp GPU till the real cards come next year.

I don't really see a problem suggesting it to anyone.

if I get it now it would be the first nvidia since the 8600GT for me. If the 480 nitro+ 8gb doesnt arrive til mid next month im probably getting a 1060 (im surprised that the 1060 its actually really cheap) or a MSI/XFX 480.

The 470 looks like a nice placeholder til the next lineup in 2017. I dont discard the possibility of getting one also.

>nvidiots now call things like reason "mental gymnastics"
wew lad keep thinking 20% more performance should cost twice as much

fuck off slavshit

MSI Tbh Senpai, maybe also XFX but not sure, all others are loud af Smh

Is there any reson to pick the sapphire rx 470 over the msi one?

You know those things(CUDA/OpenCL) that let us crunch numbers/encrypt&decrypt data/perform scientific calculations/etc on a GPU at 100x the speed of a CPU.

Well the RX480 is faster than the GTX 1080... by a fuck load. Across the board with every algorithm we toss at it.

Ever wonder why the 480 has shit performance/watt compared to the 1060/1070/1080? It's because this thing is a math machine with low level hardware tweaked for number crunching.

Nvidia fucked the 1080's CUDA performance to get their TDP down. They tweaked OpenCL for gaming(current games) and cut corners/scaled down every other function possible.

Bitch about your optimized/gimped games all you want. A $250 480 beats the shit out of a $600 1080 when it comes non-gaming computation.

I don't know how Nvidia fucked up parallel processing that bad. The 1080 can do more FLOPS(when gaming), it has better OpenCL performance(when gaming), but tell it to do anything non-game related with OpenCL and it shits the bed while AMD runs past. Even using CUDA it shits the bed.

I don't know what team green did to their CU cores and the buses/pipelines in and around them, but it's fucked.

This is why the 480 is sold out everywhere. No one buys a 1080 for bruteforcing encrypted files, no one buys a 1080 for cryptocurrency mining, no one buys a 1080 to process astronomy data, no one buys a 1080 for molecular/genetic/biological data processing and research. They all buy RX480s. So if you ever decide to grow up and do something other than gaming/shitposting MEMEs, literally anything(that needs one operation(add,subtract,quadruplelogquantumxorsexor,etc) done in mass or repeatedly and can utilize multiple threads) then buy a fucking 480.

>cryptocurrency mining
no one does this in 2016 now stop shitposting

>lgbt lighting
kek

Fuck you people mine ethereum. 30MH/S on a 480, only 22MH/S on a 1080. The 480 beats the 1080. Ethereum mining is still profitable by the way.

Nvidia started GPGPU with their proprietary CUDA, AMD finished it with OpenCL. CUDA only runs on Nvidia shit, uses libraries/extensions not supported by anyone but Nvidia, and gets it's asskicked by OpenCL constantly. OpenCL runs on x86, arm, and every other fucking major architecture. Even Nvidia added OpenCL support(barely) to their cards. Want to program something to run with CUDA? Good fucking luck, CUDA is a nightmare they won't let go of.

Nvidia tried to Gimpworks™ parallel computing and failed hard. Turns out no one wants to use their broken compiler that only supports half of one language. 15 hardware companies told them to fuck off and created the now standard OpenCL.

Nvidia never let go of CUDA. Now they're trying to support it and what the rest of the world uses at the same time. Using hardware with half of one standard glued on top of there broken bullshit no can fix(because all of five people are allowed to read the code that interfaces with it.)

>Shilling Ethereum this hard

At no point was he trying to sell you on doing it, but rather that there's money to be made with it. How much in nvidia paying you?

Nice assumption. im only criticizing his first line.
>Fuck you people mine ethereum. 30MH/S on a 480, only 22MH/S on a 1080. The 480 beats the 1080. Ethereum mining is still profitable by the way.
The rest i can agree with, CUDA is cancer.

I think I am erect now.

What the fuck are you even blabbing about?

He mean DOOM PATCH, you moron.

CUDA is much easier to use than the clusterfuck that is opencl

Sshhheeeeiit rx 480 it is!