Why does no one talk about Xfce?

new to Linux and despite all those people recommending Ubuntu or Mint, I went with Xubuntu with Xfce, it looks really nice and it's fucking great.

I heard Xubuntu is supposed to be a lot lighter than Ubuntu or Mint but I'm not missing anything, what's up with that

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=What is CDE?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's nice but at the same time its old and hasn't seen any development for 4 years so that's not a good sign.

I doubt it will even support wayland.

It's great, but it's old and established. Nothing much to talk about.

>It's great, but it's old and established.
I'm cool with that.

I see XFCE mentioned all the time, especially in DE threads

too old, there's no difference for me between xfce or cinnamon (except that xfce is ancient af)

MATE is a better lightweight DE.

It's fine, but seems heavy for what it does. LXDE/LXQt is much lighter and looks better (to me anyway). Nothing wrong with liking XFCE though. As long as you stay away from UnityAIDS and gNOPE (gnome) you're fine.

>mate more lightweight than xfce

wot

Because this is bord of consuming smartphones and videogames

>xubuntu with xfce
RLY?

He say a better lightweight DE.

>xtreme feces

Wait... wasn't FXCE just a fork of GNOME 2?

So it's GNOME 2 4 years ago?

So basically, it's GNOME 2?

>It works like shit, but at least it's not getting updates.

I'm guessing you're on either Slackware of CentOS.

don't you have screen tearing? I hate it so much on xfce.

>why does no one talk about Xfce?
Because Xfce is not exciting and just works (if you prefer that kind of UI and visual look)

I use mint with xfce.

>Wait... wasn't FXCE just a fork of GNOME 2?
No

Cinn amon has huge crash issues with wine explorer running a virtual desktop

Don't use the xfce compositor. Especially if you have dual screens because it will cause tearing.

Use compton instead and look up how to set it up to avoid screen tearing. Also make sure you're using the best video card driver available to you.

Can't..tell...if...your...trolling...but.. nah. Mate is a fork of Gnome 2.

>adding a frame of input lag by using a composting window manager.

No xfce was originally a copy of CDE

Why do all loonix DE's suck in some way?

And if something does get close to being good it either dies or gets fucked up on the next release.

>why does no one talk about Xfce?
What are you talking about? It's a favorite here on Sup Forums. I generally either see XFCE, MATE, or just a WM.

There is some development happening at the xfce team. They are porting xfce to gtk3 not that I'm a fan by I guess its better than nothing

The fuck is CDE?

Why do they keep making DEs? Just make the ones we already have good.

>Why do they keep making DEs? Just make the ones we already have good.

Because the DEs that are good fuck up eventually and become bad, or their devs stick their fingers in their ears and their heads up their asses and totally do a 180 and diverge from why everyone liked it, so the original 'good' DE gets continued as a new fork.

Hence why we have Cinammon and MATE springing out of Gnome since literally nobody wanted Gnome 3 to be what it is

lmgtfy.com/?q=What is CDE?

this unironically looks better than Gnome 3

So much misinformation in one post. Why do you even post on here? How do you not feel any shame in parroting myths you saw on here? Kill yourself.

Xfce is just nice and works great, so no-one talks about it since it doesn't piss anyone off.

>The fuck is CDE?
>Why do they keep making DEs?

Says some millennial kid who was born after CDE drifted off into history.

I use gnome 3 and I like it because my PC isnt a piece of shit 10 year old laptop.

I left xfce for kde because of tearing bullshit. Tried to setup compton, but documentation is old as shit. Try getting that shit to work with shit drivers for Optimus. Fucking hell.

Bullshit. xfeces has been updated and maintained. The major last update it received was in February.
>Gnome Classic doesn't exist
They sure don't listen
Basically this.

GTK in general is pretty shitty. Qt is great, but KDE is ass. So it's a waiting game until someone can write a nice DE in Qt, or come up with something better than Qt entirely. LXQt isn't bad but some of their shit depends on parts of KDE, so I sure as hell wouldn't use it.

KDE Manjaro master race

Never had any issues for over 6 months. Also was long time xfce user.

Why is gnome so ass? What the fuck were they thinking?

W A Y L A N D
A
Y
L
A
N
D

i tried xfce and liked it; then I tried lxde and like it more

I prefer to go with... if it ain't broke don't fix it. Shame M$ can't into the same shit.

>I use gnome 3 and I like it because my PC isnt a piece of shit 10 year old laptop.
I have to agree with you on that