Why does AMD even exist any more?

Why does AMD even exist any more?

Other urls found in this thread:

valid.x86.fr/records.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DELET THIS

to btfo nividcucks like you and the rest of Sup Forums
delete this thread and move on faggot

whatever faggot the tech subreddit is alto more intelligent than this fucking board. At least they know value when they see it.

i double dog dare. no i triple dog dare you to build a good pc on a tight budget using intel and nivida. good fucking luck . dude.

Just use the graphics processed that comes with the CPU fucking autists.

your birth was a mistake.

So that nvidia and intel don't have antitrust lawsuits

hi ethan

I3 6100 and gtx 1060?

Cheaper and better performing than a fx 6300+rx480, in aus at least, not sure about burger prices.

man these threads are lame.

Intel already holds back a shit ton of advances to stay only ahead of AMD enough to make them look bad while still having enough of a performance lead to rake up the entire high end market.

because
>muh x86

idk

but idiots can keep buying amd so nvidia stays in business and i can buy some actually good gpus kthx

Jesus christ, AMDtards are so fucking braindead they can't even use basic English.

>e1x joeo

>i triple dog dare you to build a good pc on a tight budget using intel and nivida

Intel and Nvidia will actually give you much better price performance than AMD. That's just how sad AMD is right now, they can't even compete in the budget sector.

AMD exists as a risk hedge for Intel. If Intel wanted to, they could buy AMD right out and absorb them, and they'd probably not even feel it. Intel makes in 2 weeks what AMD makes in a year.

But if Intel lets AMD die, then they have the government to worry about, they'll get shaken up for being a monopoly, and they don't want to deal with that. They also risk their current licensing for AMD64. Intel and AMD have a mexican standoff with x86 licensing as is, the last thing Intel wants is for fucking IBM to buy the AMD64 rights.

Intel also knows that the next 10 years are not looking good for traditional CPUs. The 5nm manufacturing barrier will mean they'll need to refocus how to make them more powerful, but now they're also facing pressure from ARM, as mobile platforms become more and more common.

So Intel has a very good position. AMD is failing and can't make a competitive CPU at all, but Intel doesn't want to get rid of them from the market. So you make your processors, but now you can price gouge. Make a ton of profit and keep a certain subset of the market alone, let AMD play with their APUs and Bulldozer chips, just enough to keep them alive, and we'll dominate everything else.

This also allows them to build up their Apple-esque cash reserves in case ARM starts making headway into traditional x86 markets. They absolutely will not let ARM encroach onto desktops, so if Apple did go all ARM in their upcoming laptop markets, expect Intel to pour fuel on the fire of Windows vs Mac, and be very vocal about it.

Here's your $0.10.

to break world overclocking records
valid.x86.fr/records.html

>not athlon 845 or 880k

>But if Intel lets AMD die, then they have the government to worry about

Why do idiots keep sprouting this meme? If amd dies of natural causes (ie being shit) the government isn't going to do anything.

To crush Nvidia.

>kepler

>1080 medium

jesus christ

>ayymd has lower minimal framerate but skipes higher
I thought you liked getting a good experience, user

Very high and ultra are card killers.

If AME didn’t exist you would be paying twice as much for Nvidia products let alone open source the

If AMD imploded overnight Intel and Nvidia (particularly Intel) would be scrambling to buy up a huge number of patents AMD is sitting on.

>Buying a platform with zero upgradeability