I'm building a computer but I've never done it. What do I need and where can I get it?

I'm building a computer but I've never done it. What do I need and where can I get it?

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=bzJoF4aGYws
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Install gentoo
2. Buy computer parts

Don't do it man. I did it yesterday and I still can't get it to work.

Can't get what to work?

The pc won't turn on. I only managed to turn on front fans' LED and make them spin. Thinking about committing Hokkaido now.

Try unplugging everything and watching a YouTube video. Then replug and retry.

I've done it many times nothing can help. This is the most confusing part of the motherboard to me.

>being this retarded

go buy another console, peasant

Pcpartpicker is your friend

I am not a console user. I just never assembled a pc before

logicalincrements.com/
and

LogicalIncrements and PCPartpicker

Remember to build it on a table that sits on carpet and you need to wear socks too.

lol hes trying to fuck u up bro

Do your keyboard and mouse power on? If yes then you're literally retarded and probably just didn't plug in your monitor correctly. If no then you fucked up and fried a part probably.

Here's a good general-purpose build I made just for you.

Unplug the harddrive, then start removing parts one by one until you can get into the bios

b-but wheres the graphics card?????

Use google, retard

this is the dankest meme i've come across yet

Learn what a meme is, fucktard

Nothing pc doesnt power on. Not even psu works

No need. The CPU has onboard graphics.

BUT I WANT MY NVIDIA GTX GRAPHICS

read the manual that came with your motherboard it should tell you how to hook up the power button/leds to that part of the mobo

Just built my first computer this morning.

MSI sent me a 950 in a 1070 box. GG.

This puzzle

Yeah it's ur mum XDDDDDDD

Start here:
youtube.com/watch?v=bzJoF4aGYws

Your case will come with a useless assortment of unnecessary hardware, most notably standoffs. Save time and needless frustration by just not bothering to install them.
Don't fall for the thermal paste meme. Totally unnecessary and if applied incorrectly it can screw up both your motherboard and your CPU.
All I can think of for now...

this shit is cancer why is there no simple connector

theres a retard adapter that comes with the mobo

i´m sorry i gotta rephrase
why is that retarded adapter not a standard with every motherboard that is not dirt cheap
>or is asrock just cancer?

The arrows are the positive nodes.

I can't see if you've done it right. Just an FYI,

the red wire is installed incorrectly. bonus: you may have shorted something out.