>Uninstall and run on Basic Display Adapter

>Runs faster
>Boots in ~3 seconds
>No freezing, no crashing

>OK.jpg
>Run AMD cleanuninstall official utility
>Crashes computer every time

t-t-t-thanks AMD

Sounds like you fucked something up user.

Been running AMD GPU since the 5870 with no problem.

>Let me use the most fucked up method to install and uninstall a graphic driver and blame AMD because I'm an incompetent knob

I remember when I first was young and dumb and thought it was as simple as putting one in.

>Sounds like you fucked something up user
Yeah. He bought an AMD graphics card.

It's a 4-year old HP laptop
Only "solution" officially is "update your BIOS"
OR change BIOS settings... which HP has locked down.

There are no BIOS updates
There are no new updates from AMD
The original drivers provided by HP throw corrupted or incompatible files errors.
Legacy drivers throw a bluescreen every hour or so, older drivers throw errors just trying to install, and any drivers other than "generic display adapter" aka software rendering has constant freezing.

Literally the only solution is to junk it and buy a desktop with Nvidia + Intel and NEVER ever touch a laptop again

Use Display driver uninstaller you faggot see if that fixes it

>HP

I was going to go and call you a faggot as well, but with an HP laptop of that era I forgive you. Only hope you have is to keep on trying every driver on the HP website and pray. Also replace the thermal interface material on the cpu and gpu because that's bound to be shit also.

>keep on trying every driver on the HP website and pray
Been doing that for about a week now
> replace the thermal interface material on the cpu and gpu
First thing I did after buying it. Overclocked and stress tested like a champ, the only good thing about an AMD laptop. Crammed in some extra heatspreaders on the other side of the mobo, got good paste on there, and keep the vents cleaned.

>HP laptop of that era

The BIOS gets corrupted (flashing capslock error code), about once per week
The physical casing has basically disintegrated
The webcam and mic died after only about a year and had to be permanently unplugged from the mobo due to bluescreens
The "low profile" audioplugs which are suspended in a cutout in the Mobo rather than actually mounted ONTO the mobo literally lasted ~2 months after purchase
Only 1 USB port still works
The touchpad died after about a year
The 5400 RPM HDD they provided had constant driver conflicts with Windows 7, 8, and 10
Even with a clean install of all stock provided drivers, you'd still get a blue screen about every other day
Rather than update to fix anything, they just dumped all their "refurb" units which weren't fixed of anything onto the market and abandoned it about a year after release

then stop using amd drivers

I'm sorry, Linux got Witcher 3 or any of the Dark Souls games?

haven't looked

Well, the answer to "Does Linux have X game?"
is always
NO

>try to update amd gpu drivers
>computer crashes every time

Then I think you're fucked. I think last time I touched something like that I uninstalled the drivers, let windows (7 at the time and it took a while to coerce into getting a the update) get the latest update it could automatically. I didn't thoroughly test it though, only ran it on furmark for a bit and sent it back to it's owner.

How can someone fuck it up so badly. ive been running amd from 5800,r7 370,rx 480 now never had a fuck up
go buy a mac if you want a babby os

Well fuck. I was holding out for Zen, but, even then it's only going to be ~2014 tech at best anyway.

>4 year old HP laptop
Yep, you fucked up. All HP laptops that aren't enterprise level are absolute bottom of the barrel shit, and I'm surprised it didn't fully crap itself 2 months after your purchase, consider yourself lucky.

Been running amd since they were ati about 17 years no problems so far, does that counter your experience?

What non-Enterprise laptops aren't utter garbage?

I finished university with this piece of shit, now I don't need a laptop unless I'm given a company laptop.

You got a good point, the vast majority are absolute shit. You just have to pray really hard you'll hit one that won't kill itself within 6 months and avoid the known shitter brands, like HP. Now you know better.

>Now you know better.
It was literally 50% off MSRP because they had a huge stock of refurb units. 500 dollarydoos, completely with Blu-ray
It was running Witcher 3 at just playable framerates 4 years later.

Technically it outperformed and outlived my Xbox

>specific game crashes on amd drivers
>its in a beta
>friends who also have amd never crash ingame
im on tilt

Only anime watching fagtrons use AMD. Real men use nvidia

>real men
>using nvidia
whatever you say

It has CSGO