This thread will decide it once and for all

This thread will decide it once and for all.

RX 480 or GTX 1060?

whichever you can find cheaper

or actually find

GTX 1070.
The 1060 and 480 are gonna be outdated VERY fast.

Just came to shitpost

More like 470 vs 1060

this

Look m8, disregard all the shills, it doesn't matter with those two cards. Both wont be relevant after two years and both have their ad- and disadvantages. They're also almost identical performance wise.

Take a look at the games you play and see which GPU performs better. I guess when you're an extreme poorfag and can't afford to upgrade every second year you would be better off with a 480.

R X 4 8 0
X

Proud of you Sup Forums. Most of you didn't take the bait on this tired ass drama.

I think im going with the 1060 because of the 480's power draw.

I don't want to kill my x58 mobo

I actually bought the 1060 dual fan because its at the same price of the sapphire 470 in my country

AMD has problems with pricing internationally it seems

>tfw using a 470

1060 is much better

480 - for dx12, vulcan
1060 - for dx11, opengl

Nvidia - for those who poo in loo
AMD- for those who cant poo in loo

GTX 980 TI or 1070

/thread

I would say 1060 for resolution above 1080p too

/thread

AnimeMD

1. they fixed that with a driver update and 2. if your motherboard is good quality i doubt it would have done anything anyway and definitely wont now.

which ever one has the dankest memes.

If you just wait until 2018 and buy a Volta you'll get a way better product for the same price.

a company that focuses on gpus vs a company that tries to do everything.

think about it

>picking the low end of the gen
are a 12 year old or just a fuck up with no money?

Let's say that I don't care about playing cutting edge releases on ultra. Is there a good card in like the $100ish USD range?

HBM2 is coming next year

No point is throwing savings in an overpriced 1070 when you gonna be getting afforadble HBM2 cards next year or 2

RX 460 maybe? But the performance is trash so you might want to be sure that you'll only be playing old shit.

by that logic you will forever buy the low end cards because something better/cheaper will come later on.

>buying this gen

Lmao

wait untill volta or vega this gen sucks.

>Just wait!

Ok, i see shitload of fuckrs buying used gtx9#0.
Because shitload of fucktars are selllin em because dx12.....
As far as i can remember dx10 had,what..3-4gaems?
Slightly better situation with dx11 but mayority of titles are still dx9.0c(at least gaems actually worth playing, not some retarded e-peen contest to show to your neighbour.

Can someone even count at least 5 dx12 games worth playing(bare minimum that would give sense into buing dx12 gpu??)
Back then, i remember when folks gave up to 800$ for first dx10 gpu gtx8800 768mb, for what?
For Halo Vista &...???
I smell same scenario here...

we'll be stuck with HBM2 for like a decade

the aku no hana anime turned a shit manga into a great show

buy whichever suits your needs best.

Fuck AMD for using Cooler master AIOs though.

I can get 3GB version for quite a bit cheaper than the 6GB, easily >20% cheaper, should I go for it?

I mostly play LoL and some WoW on my notebook but I'd want to check out all the newer games such as Witcher 3 or Assassin's Creed the Black Flag, once I finally get a propet desktop.

Playing in 1080p.

Is 3GB enough?

1060. AMD is operating on the dodgy aliexpress chink business model. once you bought it, suck shit, we got ur money. they've locked down BIOS editing with signed hashes, power regulation is shit tier and they suck so much power the chip literally cannot function and their chips are essentially not overclockable. I've seen people get 50mhz overclocks on these pieces of shit. really all you need is to look at the reference card heatsinks to understand how much they give a fuck about quality products.

Also, 480 isn't na option because im size and PSU limited, I'm getting mini version of 1060

Can confirm. My fury x which is supposedly a top-tier card had a pump failure and sapphire is refusing to do anything about it.

do you have a 450w psu or something?

you lucky bastard. my fury X is three days old and the store is trying to fuck me by getting me to do a manufacturer RMA. seeing as it passed QC the first time, it's going to pass again when i send it back.

look there's a trick i have for electronics to help you out buddy. when something is broken but still partly works, they wont accept that their shit is shitty. so blow a capacitor. I used to work in an electronics store and it was the only way to get shit repaired. look at the voltage on a capacitor, the big ones are usually 16V for the 12V rail. apply 19v to the capacitor and it will blow. there;s now a physical indication of failure with no obvious damage to the board.

did you also fall for the meme that the r9 fury would be an overclockers wet dream? i did. the water cooling is complete bollocks. the card doesnt go above 40C at full load and you cant overclock it yet we spent more for less.

320W, HP tower with proprietary shit

you will want to replace the power supply anyway. that power supply is matched to the system. it cant power anything you add to it without exploding.

source: worked in a computer store and someone bought a computer, took it to another store after six months to get an "upgrade", brought it back saying the power supply had failed.
>motherboard, cpu and graphics card all new
>fried
>only original parts were the hard drives, psu and case
>they wanted warranty replacement of the psu
>i told them to get fucked

I'm mixed on the fury X. clocks up to 1200 Mhz. It's also quiet as fuck when it works.

But having a pump fail within 3 months of purchase is retarded.

I got mine from a shady retailer for a very low price so technically sapphire is not responsible, but the retailer is no longer in business. Therefore i am shafted.

I'll probably ziptie a shitty AIO and use it like that. Also i can post that to various AMD communities to assure them of the kind of quality they can expect from a $700 product.

I can't replace it dude, its proprietary, all of it is.

Based on simple calculations, 120W should be just enough.

And it's HP elite tower PSU so its not some chink shit which is much worse than advertised

bad new friend. the VRMs are cooled by a copper pipe that coolant runs through. you should be able to get an RMA from saphire. you just gotta mail it off and they will send you a whole new one.

im curious, they said they wont cover a faulty pump?

I'm very underwhelmed by what 600aud bought me desu.

its a prebuilt computer so that PSU is probably actually in the same position as some shit tier chinese one actually

>Based on simple calculations, 120W should be just enough.

You do realize you're intending on stressing a cheap-ass 10 dollar shitty OEM PSU to it's limit ? And you're gambling your hardware to do so ? (yes, all of it )

Reconsider.

Products not purchased from an official sapphire distributor or reseller arent covered by sapphire and the said reseller no longer exists. I'm shafted.

Its really simple. Its either GTX 1070 or 470/480 if youre AMD fanboy. 1060 is a shit card.

>its not some chink shit which is much worse than advertised
no it really is. HP computers were our bread and butter at the store where I worked. they make it all cheap. its not just the power requirement. it's also the peak usage and being able to handle the ripple.

No, it is not, tower alone without GPU cost 1300$ when it was new, all components are bussiness grade.

And also, I don't have a choice, there isn't a single other GPU this efficient, all lower TDP ones are much worse

>he fell for PCI-E overdraw meme

EK makes a water block for it? you could make a water cooling loop for it if you want to salvage your losses

>No, it is not, tower alone without GPU cost 1300$ when it was new, all components are bussiness grade.

If you seriously believe there's an OEM that makes non-meme 360W Power supplies you're in for a surprise.

HP cares only about their bottom line.

Business machines are sold to (unsurprisingly) Businesses, which get priority services when a machine craps out.

It's all manufactured so that that PSU headroom is what stops it from frying the system.

When's Vega/Volta?

Not yet. There's a few things i can try. I'll switch the stickers with another fury X ( which has real warranty ) and send it like that.

they're programmed with their serial number. you cant just switch the stickers.

Unless I do

Doesn't matter, I found review where 1060 is underclocked, draws only 60ish W while reducing performance by 15% percent, I'm sure I can find a sweet spot in the 80-100W range where performance difference will be minimal.

december/Q1 2017

so NVIDIA it is.

>business grade
you mean its built to operate in an airconditioned office at 25C and run microsoft office?

you need to build your own to game. everything else is meme tier. and that's not just a meme. the motherboard probably isnt even built to supply the ATX standard 75w to the pcie slot. i wouldnt go over a reference gtx 960 and unplug your cd drive, switch to a SSD and unplug your HDD to budget more power to the graphics card.

>everything else is meme tier.
Used servers arent. Those are tough fuckers. I use 2100W Delta PSUs for my mining rigs.

you would need to fry the chip. maybe use a hot air gun to delaminate it? or a blow dryer or do the oven reflow trick to really fuck it properly.

they use test points when testing. they dont just fire it up and play a video game for a few hours.

that's enterprise grade. different kettle of fish. a workstation for the boss isnt the server that keeps the last 5 years of R&D and accounting data safe.

CD rom will be unplugged, I will use adapter on it's sata connector to 6-pin.

Inside I also have i5 2400 with 95W tdp, and 1 HDD 1 SSD.

If I didn't underclock 1060, it would still be just enough imho.

Also, I looked at specifications and it said that GPU can draw a max 75W from pcie

If you just wait til 2020 you'll get an even better product at the same price.

Waitfags are so stupid.

>they use test points when testing. they dont just fire it up and play a video game for a few hours.

That's what sapphire does. Im sending it back to a regular Eastern europeian retailer that has registered it by serial number.

add some fans as well. get a bimetal hole saw and throw in a 120mm fan.

they will send it on to china to be tested fyi. resellers just follow the manufacturers RMA procedure but act as a middle man.

>they will send it on to china to be tested fyi. resellers just follow the manufacturers RMA procedure but act as a middle man.

I've had GPUs replaced within 15 minutes. They do their "testing" in-house.

heh, lucky you. in australia it's all dropship suppliers. wish we had better support like that.

What kind of dodgy ass retailer did you buy it from? take it back there and demand a refund RIGHT NOW and if the assistant tries to fob it off ask for the manager

Most legit businesses here are happy to provide refunds on faulty products and go through the RMA process themselves.

in fact most good hardware vendors here will take the card back no questions asked under the consumers act guarantee, it's the fucking law

Should I go for the MSI's 1060 Gaming X or wait for EVGA's1060 SC?

>inb4 get the 480
An ASUS 480 is cost around the Gaming X here in my 3rd world country. No PC or Sapphire nearby.

Volta will replace Pascal in mid-2017 actually

Rx 460 and you'll be fine on 1080p medium/high settings

why the fuck is my rx 470 memory clock constantly spiking at 6600 mhz. is this normal? it never used to do this before, i think i pirated a ton of viruses or a bitcoin miner or some stupid shit. the fans turnon when i play League and it never used to do that shit. im fucking mad.

>best color
what?

>Such choices
>Much decision

they enhanced RGB, and added another Yellow.
RGBY.

So they have 255^4 colors. Thats a lot more.

11's hated it. General consensus was it was actually pretty good outside of Nippon. It had an interesting rotoscoped style, music and the story was character driven rather than plot device driven which made it interesting. Shame there is no season 2 to finish it.

1060 is not just cut down memory. It's had shit disabled on it. It's basically the 1050Ti. Nvidia up to their Jewish tricks again.

I'm calling BS.

rx 495

>turn an ugly girl into a pretty girl
>she looks like rei
Why is she so perfect?

>amd

I am an nvidiafag running with this right now

should I wait for a flagship AMD (like fury tier) or just buy a 1070 aero

>Hey guise let's add another color to the calculations just to convert it back to the RGB used in the display negating all our wasted memory and time doing the calculations to begin with.

Very useful, much color, such image quality.
Selling all my hardware now so I can buy more AMD gpus for that great picture quality.

dats a sexy ass gpu sir

Does changing graphics card require me to change processor/motherboard? I have skylake i5 6500 + mortar b150m and case is fractal design core 2300. Im changing from msi geforce gtx 1060 OC --> asus dual geforce 1060 OC

are you people fucking retarded?
It was a joke, adding yellow doesn't even make any sense. RGB can already do yellow.

WTF, man. WTF.

How is this even a question?

The vast majority of games out there, which aren't regularly benchmarked, and especially when it comes to indie games, early access, betas, MMOs etc will always run like dogshit on AMD

If you buy AMD for gaming you have brain problems.
Everything is optimized for Nvidia and Nvidia only - especially since Nvidia hands out free hardware to game devs.
The only games with AMD optimization are the most mainstream AAA titles which come out once every 3 months and which get tested in benchmarks.

no stupido

Odd that I only recognize him as some actor in the second shot. I've forgotten who he is too. Ed Norton?

Nevermind Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Relatively low tier actor.

they're twice the price
i would prefer going SLI or crossfire later

but is the 1060 cost 60 yurobucks more is it really worth it ?