Touch disease

Apple did this to get the iphone 6 users to upgrade to the 7

There is no way that thing just happened like that randomly.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4
money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They do it every single time they release a new one, so yea obviously it's intentional.

this

Apple has a habit of releasing questional software right before a newer release occurs, they've been doing it since the first video iPods when they would purposely write code that slows down the hardware, breaks a feature or induces a total failure of the product.

my music magically stopping would make me rage so fucking hard.
shit would then refuse entirely to play at all afterwards

so sad. the ipodtouches were so fucking good back then.

Just like the iPhone 4 power button issue. Pay apple a shitton to fix it or get a new phone.

Not sure what you are referring to OP, but I remember with the 1st iphone (in my country at least) which was the 3G, once the 3GS came out and they rolled the ios update, it became slightly slower.

Once the update for the 4 came out, it became barely unusable.

What apple managed to accomplish doing that wasn't me buying a newer model. It was switching boats with the firm intention to never switch again.

GG morons.

you guys make it out like it's something more deliberate than software developers no longer targeting their product for the hardware in question. you can't accuse apple of being incompetent, buffoons, etc... in making iOS and then also accuse them of being hyper-competent villains, deliberately sabotaging their own product to sneakily coerce people into upgrading. it's not even internally valid, let alone consistent with any hard evidence (or even persuasive circumstantial evidence).

>There is no way that thing just happened randomly
>other posts similarly assuming conspiracy
Isn't it fascinating how readily unemployed autistic people imagine conspiracies going on at corporations? You couldn't believe this if you had ever worked at a company with more than 20 people in it.

Lmao.

I'm employed on a corporation that spans most of my country and latin america.

My factual evidence is that when a new ishit comes out and there's a software upgrade, it almost brick your old device.

your factual evidence is leading you to make a conclusion that's not supported by the evidence. if i pointed to your shitty english skills and said "that proves it - he must be retarded", you would probably point out that i was taking one data point and drawing a convenient, but unwarranted, line from that data point to the conclusion i want to draw.

ishit phones becoming slow and horse shit don't prove anything except that apple's engineers don't give any fucks about making sure that iOS works well on any device that has been succeeded by another device. you have to understand that there's a difference between no longer giving a shit and actively bricking it.

*tips fedora*

wow epic lulz

yea nice backpedaling after I OWNED you

Same applefag or two shills. Either way, much faggotry here.

Reminds me of the ignorant bitch I tried to reason with when she tried to convince me that Dell purposely infected her computer with a virus in order to sell her a anti virus.

>Imagine the amount of people you would need to actively do that
>and then the number of people they would need to push the anti virus to the costumers trying to convince them to purchase it
>it just doesnt make sense, it makes more sense for it to be random
>crickets.jpg

>if i pointed to your shitty english skills
Woah, one little mistake.

How well do you speak 2 other languages other than english? What's that, you don't speak anything else? Damn. You must be retarded.

No longer giving a shit is the same as actively bricking it in my book. They release an update without checking if it'll interfere with older devices. Why? Because there's a new one out.

>gf wants to sell her iphone 6 to get a p9 plus
proud tears

>All this damage control

iFags on suicide watch

The best thing an Apple user can do is to sell an iPhone and get a Samsung, an S7 if you can, it can be used for years and also you can mod it as you want.

>samsung
not even once

>villains, deliberately sabotaging their own product
Sure.

That is how you make a mildly faster new product seem like a rocket in comparison.

And it works.

Every single time.

>all these retards
you are holding it wrong, that's why it happens.

>Samsung
Thanks Pajeet, many Rupees have been moved in to your SamShill account.

>you can mod it as you want
you can't.

dumbass retards this is a manufacture problem and has been happening.

>Apple did this to get the iphone 6 users to upgrade to the 7
Like Microsoft did with the RROD, you mean?
Oh yes, that was a good move.

this.

Why is Sup Forums so triggered by apple they have make these huge shitstorsms over nothing? Do people really think apple is worst than any other company? How naive are you?

The fact that apple keeps supporting old devices still blows my mind. I mean, iPhone 5 is getting iOS10

>i have touch disease

Given that last year's iPhones have 2gb of ram, won't that make it harder for new Apple software to slow them down?

>over nothing

I wouldn't call "" premium"" products shitting the bed because of the manufacturer the manufacturer forgetting to use/deliberately not uung something as basic as underfill nothing.

>mobileposting
Just fuck my shit uo

no, why would it? it's easy to underclock the CPU and limit the ram, isn't it?
and thinking these entries, and assuming apple makes money by selling new phones, it really might be trick to make more money. Thanks to its closed source we don't/can't have any evidence.

Im sorry about the austism

If this is proof of planned obsolescence how come the graphic goes down? It should go up and stay up. It looks like implementation issues.

It also looks to me like one of the cases where Sup Forums tries hard to believe in something because apple sux amrite?

There has never been actual proof that apple makes old devices slow on purpose. There are many people out there perfectly happy with the performance on their iPhones 5/5s even though they are 4 year old.

Isnt apple still supporting some 2007 iMacs/Macbooks today? Its one of their selling points and it costs them very little, they arent going to stop doing it.

What am I supposed to see in this? Im not an iPhone user..

Its actually way sadder, its just incomptitence.

Not an argument

What your argument? Apple should be flawless a company? Its a mass produced electronic, shit is going to happen.

>no, why would it? it's easy to underclock the CPU and limit the ram, isn't it?

If Apple is doing it on purpose.
If not then new updates shouldn't slow the 6S line down much because of the ram cushion.

You are either really retarded or simply trying to avoid that the problem is those huge spikes aligning with the releases of new iphones. The fact that the line goes down after each spike indicates that users are upgrading to newer models and/or simply decide to bear the lag. The fact that most tech illiterates immidiately upgrade to the newer model just because "DUDE NEW IPHONE LMAO" makes such a thing easier to pull off. Also

>anyone who doesn't like what I like is a 12 year old 1!1!1!!!111

>How well do you speak 2 other languages other than english? What's that, you don't speak anything else? Damn. You must be retarded.

Is this some kind of elaborate ruse? You're just proving his point.

I'm not talking about manufacturing defects. The manufacturer not using a simple and cheap technique like underfilling or putting shielding over the ICs like they did on the previous model especially when the subject is a mobile device is not the same as a product being faulty because of a worker doing sloppy work.

This is a design flaw and the fact that they used shielding on the iphone 5 whereas they didn't use shielding nor underfill on the iphone 6 is enough to raise doubts.

Im sorry but you are assuming that they are all upgrading to newer models? That is just stupid. Just look at the percentage of iPhones 5/5s in use.

If you knew something about technology you would understand what happens when a new OS is released. Memory leaks, optimization issues, bugs etc that might make your device slow, specially since we are talking about the older models here. Same thing would happen with android if all devices had synced updates.

Phones that aren't iShit don't have this problem. :^)

>you are assuming that they are all upgrading to newer models

No, I am not. They are either upgrading to different models(ios or android) or simply deciding to bear with it after they realize that there isn't much that they can do about their phone lagging on the newer OS after doing some research(cause of the spikes). Of course the line is going to go down after a huge spikes, the userbase of old devices becomes smaller gradually and the "DUDE NEW IPHONE LMAO" mentality also accelerates this.

>b-but a new OS lagging is normal
>backpedaling this much

You can use marshmallow on an S3 without lag. Some custom ROM made in some random guy's free time running well on a device that's 3 years older than the ROM itself but a new OS created by a huge company's paid developers not running well on a device that's also 3 years older than the OS itself isn't acceptable in my book.

Meant for

>macfags argue that iphone is better because it it updated for longer
>when pointing out that the updates make it slow and unusable, macfags say that this is normal and expected
kek

>this is what poorfags actually believe

How come my iPhone 5 runs smoothly on iOS 9.3.4?

Having no updates is the worst android feature of all you have to be absolutely retarded to defend it.

Btw, I had a galaxy s3 running CM and it runs like shit compared to my iPhone.

>Having no updates is the worst android feature of all you have to be absolutely retarded to defend it.
No system updates doesn't not mean that new apps are not compatible, unlike apple trash
I can still install every basic app on my 2012 phone running CM11 but almost nothing is compatible/working with my ipod touch 4 from 2011

You are absolutely retarded. There is zero proof of any of you said. Anyone that understands how a implementation of a new OS works would say that this is what is happening here. You have 0 evidence that people are buying newer phones. Most iPhones in use today are older models. If the spike goes down its because the issues got fixed.

You know how they got fixed? Software updates. Thats right. I know poor people dont even know that exists because they use android. But that is how it works.

Jesus fucking Christ, your hate for Apple is so irrational that you seriously think they've planned this shit? How would that even make sense? You do realize that Apple will have to repair them for free if this is a widespread defect, right?

This site is full of children.

>all this poorfag mental gymnastics
>still no software updates

pathetic.

>got an nexus 7 2013 on release
>use it heavily
>my wife uses it heavily
>won't get android 7 but is still reliable and fast as fuck as fuck
>ipads around me starting to stutter the moment a successor is announced
feels good not falling for the crapple-meme.

Never claimed Apple was incompetent. Also, you don't need to be competent to introduce failure in your device and figure out that if you kill your old device just before you release your new overhyped device, it's gonna increase sales.

B-B-B-BUT APPLE IS BAD AND NORMIES USE IPHONES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

> I can buy a new iPhone!!!!!11 Im not poor!!!!1

> if this is a widespread defect
If there's a class action lawsuit. There will be one, though, judging by the scale of those news. This will not stop Apple from cucking its customers.

>t. Pajeet

>what is reading comprehension

I was saying that I was assuming something other than what you said, autist. I actually posted something that supports my claims but you still haven't posted anything but baseless conjecture.

>b-but it's fixed!!
>source: my ass
Yes it's all fixed but the spikes keep occuring, rite?

>le iphones make me rich meme
I would also be an unpaid shill if I had to get a loan to buy a sub $1000 device.

yeah, that's the first fucking time ever that planned obsolescence was present in any ishit
Such a surprise

i want to fug mafuyu

How mad do you have to be to call an iPhone user a pajeet? Its like calling a Android user Rich and White.

CURRY UP NOW
U
R
R
Y

U
P

N
O
W

>I actually posted something that supports my claims but you still haven't posted anything but baseless conjecture
What exactly supports any of your claims?

You have zero evidence for anything.

Like I said about that graphic, its stupid to assume the spike goes down because people are buying new devices since there are more old devices in use than newer devices.

This literally happens to every new major OS updates on release. Why are you denying this? Optimization issues get fixed with updates, that is why the spikes go down so quickly. If this was planned obsolescence than all old iPhones would be slow, which is not the case. iphone 5/5s/6 are all working fine.

>think that being able to buy a device that costs less than $1000 makes you somehow rich

Stop slacking off and get back to flipping burgers

this

I want to very kindly and friendly remind you that this company IS THE HIGHEST VALUED COMPANY ON EARTH. EVER

You don't reach that level of market cap as a production company without any planned obsolescence in your strategy.

The fact that other companies that do will simply pass you is enough of a proof that there's no way they aren't doing it themselves

I never said that. Its just statistics m8, no need to get mad about it.

Iphone users are on average richer, whiter and smarter than Android users.

Mine is fine.
Here is a screenshot to prove it!

better put on your tinfoil hat too OP
you never know, maybe Apple is reading your thoughts too?

they design everything with their core marketing strategy in mind,

everything else gets a backseat to the planned obsolescence, fashion accessory approach to selling Chinese garbage for great profit margins

I think Apple's decline lies in the fact that the market is getting too saturated in features to keep them relevant. They're also not keeping the fashion accessory aspect of their devices in check. Too many lines are due for redesigns. These redisgns should be happening way more often to keep consumertards buying the newest iteration. How are you supposed to pretend to be rich with your newest ishit when the old one looks almost exactly identical?

I think Apple has deluded itself into thinking the hardware they make is actually good and that they don't need frequent aesthetic changes to stay relevant. This is why their stock has been a wild ride lately.

Does anyone else remember when Apple was holding iPhone stock in their warehouses to artificially reduce supply so they could charge the initial round of consumers more?

What a great and honest company.

>>think that being able to buy a device that costs less than $1000 makes you somehow rich
what is middle class America?

>iPhone 5 is getting iOS10
Yet, the iPod Touch 5th gen isn't.

By your logic the line wouldn't go down if the issues were supposedly fixed. People don't start doing research every day when they have a problem with their device.

Also you can't say that it isn't planned obsolescense if some newer old devices aren't affected yet. The manufacturer could as well start to gimp devices after their age passes a certain number to avoid raising doubts. Also bugs that are sorted out after the release aren't an excuse for a huge company like apple. I'm pretty sure a company like apple can actually make sure that their software doesn't suffer from issues that affect performance and can be fixed before actually releasing updates.

>great and honest
>company
uhuh

Are you saying they are different from literally any other company?

Place has curry in the name but shows a burrito... Fuckin what

Ipod touch 5 has the 4s SoC

>b-but it's true because I said so
>still no source
>think that spending such a small amount of money is impressive
>implying you aren't poor

At least iOS gets updates still, And daily reminder most Android users are still on 4.4 released in 2013...

>I'm pretty sure a company like apple can actually make sure that their software doesn't suffer from issues that affect performance and can be fixed before actually releasing updates.
I see what the problem is now, you are 100% tech illiterate.

>I don't know what beta testing is
>implying apple cant beta test

Ok

>>still no source

businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-estimates-588-million-apple-users-2016-4
>Apple users are significantly richer than non-Apple users according to Credit Suisse

money.cnn.com/2015/01/22/technology/mobile/iphone-smart-study/
>A new study conducted by online advertising networkfound that states with more college graduates tend to also have higher iPhone sales.

businessinsider.com/android-is-for-poor-people-maps-2014-4
>These maps showing the locations of 280 million individual posts on Twitter shows a depressing divide in America: Tweets coming from Manhattan(Rich) tend to skew in favor of iPhones. Tweets coming from Newark, N.J.(Poor), index more heavily from Android phones.

In order for your comparison to make sense, you need to compare Apple against a single Android phone manufacturer, and it has to be one of the big ones, like Samsung, HTC, or LG. Your choice.

>>think that spending such a small amount of money is impressive
>>implying you aren't poor
like I said, literally middle class America
>mortgage for rest of life
>maxed out credit cards
>loans against everything
>wage slave labor with no benefits or job security
At least you can pretend to be rich with your Normie Face jacket and latest ishit in gold. Apple is the American dream realized

Of course they beta test, but this is literally impossible not to happen. Why do you think every single software is always releasing one updates after the other?

Things are more complicated than you realize, specially since we are talking about a OS that will be introduced to millions of phones at once, my underage friend.

>comparing a single overpriced brand to a whole ecosystem of phones with hundreds of OEMs
meme it!

If its overpriced how come smarter and more financially educated people prefer it?

You need to qualify that education correlates with intelligence. At this time in America, the only solid thing you can say about education without citing sources is that education is exorbitantly expensive. Given that, is it that educated people are intelligent and therefore use iPhones, or is it that they don't know of how to manage their money well? You say nothing of debt, which is pertinent to the conversation. We already know America's economy is a debt based one.

You're really making a better case for America being a consumerist culture than iPhones correlating with some kind of moral value.

Nice troll, though, you got at least one user.

>there are both expensive flagships and 256MB RAM notton of the barrel android devices

Combine that with the fact that IOS has less than half of the market share of android amd you get an economically diverse userbase. Most people are poor so it's self explanatory. Continue thinking that your sub $1000 device makes you rich if it makes sleeping at night any easier.

>Combine that with the fact that IOS has less than half of the market share of android amd you get an economically diverse userbase. Most people are poor so it's self explanatory
Actually, these tests are all based in the USA where markwtshare is pretty much 50/50

>Continue thinking that your sub $1000 device makes you rich if it makes sleeping at night any easier.
I never said that. Why do you people get mad with facts?

Its not a long shot to assume rich people are more educated.

I hjave issues with the descrepancy between your bias against the tech illiterate and your use of the word lag.

Holy crap those fucking search spikes, where is the source? If this is real this is fucking disgusting

the same reason they pay 200USD for potato burlap sack shoes made in China that last half a month

Fast fashion is a big industry
When you have money you don't really care

I always use the latest ishit and sell off the last gen to some poorshit that wants to be part of the """"""Apple elite""""""

>When you have money you don't really care
hahaha

>this is what poorfags actually believe.

Or maybe its because they can afford the best product.

>Or maybe its because they can afford the best product.
Not sure if Apple is the best fashion accessory these days. It's kind of associated with middle class and college students trying too hard imo.

Cringeworthiest thread on Sup Forums right now
OP, this time you're not the only fag.

Not an argument
Yes because a shit ton of people start searching the term "iphone slow" oit of nowhere. Stay delusional.