Cloud Storage

Best online/cloud storage option?

I have been using dropbox for ages but recently considered moving to onedrive.
Pro: More free space than dropbox
Con: It is M$
Pro: Native to windows 10
Con: Doesn't let you remove it from windows 10 which pisses me off

There is also onedrive.
Pro: Has the most free space of them all
Con: Botnet

What do you use Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JVHDg8Hm
support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/3135020
blogs.seafile.com/2016/07/22/future-development-plan-of-seafile/
bluehost.com/shared
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't like uploading my personal and work to other people's servers

i use them all to maximize the danger

I use dropbox 2gb to backup all of my settings and preferences, themes and tools. Makes new installs pretty easy.

I use Dropbox, mainly for backed up school work. I might set up an ownCloud server again and use that instead.

Sync. It's Dropbox with end to end encryption, and extra space.

SpiderOak!

All of them are okay as long as you don't upload personal shit onto them.

If you have a MacBook, iCloud Drive really is good, even if you have a Windows desktop.

Buy a one year office 365 family subscription key from eBay. Has 1 TB each onedrive for five users. Everyone also gets Ms office.

I bought two years for $128 and all my family had one TB each now. The cheapest ever and I never have to pirate office ever again.

My server.

>HURR TEHCLOUD
Grow up and get a real server, and no, not some horribly limited virtualized pile of shit hosted with 50000 others on a single piece of shit computer, a real standalone server.

The FUCK has computing come to? This is fucking insanity.

Get laid lol

Says the 18 year old virgin that uses shitty TEHCLOUD bullshit broken pseudo-technology.

umad virgin? kys while tyrone fucks your crush with his big black cock you homo lol

Spend less time diddling with arch and your excuse for a cock and spend more time fucking bitches.

Wow, kids sure are mad when someone with common sense and life experience with computing comes in and turns everything they believe in on its head. How many tears of butthurt are you crying knowing that nucomputing is shit? It must be a lot. I'd love to taste those delicious, wonderful, sorrowful tears. I bet they taste like failure.

>Con: Botnet
To be fair. That remains a con for all online storage. Not just Onedrive.

Nigga I run raid in my computer and I have automatic daily cron scripts that copy and back up all my computers off site. Get laid man

Not everyone is autistic user.

mine ;^)

underrated

google drive so I don't have to create yet another account

Owncloud/Nextcloud
set up server (or rent) and get shitton of space for dirt cheap.
Free as in Freedom and no proprietary shitware.

True.

I keep anything I care about in veracrypt archives. The only shit I leave unencrypted are my dank reaction images and shit I am sharing with people.

I get that from my uni. Only use it for my uni files though. I don't want to mix personal and professional shit together.

I already have an account on all of them because of various project teams wanting to use different cloud services like the fucks they are.

That is some serious overkill for hosting a 5gb Sup Forums image folder and 100mb worth of documents.

Mega gives you 50GB for free.

And if you want even more space for cheap:

raid is obsolete

>Mega
leave and take your encryption meme with you.

I got 50GB for life from box.com with some LG promotion and they support webdav so I can mount it.

>Pro: Native to windows 10
>Con: Doesn't let you remove it from windows 10 which piss

>if people cant get rid of it, maybe theyll use it

>to other people's servers
Thats the thing thow user, its not a server. Its the:
C L O U D©
L
O
U
D
©

Get a server and set up an owncloud if you actually care about your data.

Pretty much what they are doing to me to be honest. If it has to clutter my file view I may as well use it.

>webdav
I came across that somewhere, its in competition with samba or ftp or something right?
Hows it compare?

Its a filesystem that works over https.
Its fucking garbage and was made for webdev but it works.

... so stick to samba and fps?

nexcloud hosted on a dedicated pc on your home.
everything else is retarded.

ftp*

>All data stored in the cloud
>Accountants desktop gets cryptolocker
>Happily syncs all encrypted data to Onedrive, replacing legit data
>"Restore previous version" must be done one file at a time from GUI
>Log Microsoft support ticket. "We'll investigate if we can restore this, and will respond within four days"
>Spend three full days fucking with the GUI restoring hundreds of files one at a time

I have to support WebDAV because the faggot SharePoint "developers" in my office aren't physically capable of using an FTP client.

It's a constant source of issues and we managed to confirm a Windows bug where if you connect to WebDAV over dialup modem it blue screen Windows 7 and 8.

Logged a paid Microsoft support case, got a refund because it's WONTFIX.

Use Jotta Cloud. Cheap and good. Unlimited storage for 5-6 dollars a month.

what the fuck?
So they are to retarded to use ftp?
microshaft really shits itself over that configuration?
you actually got a refund from ms?

pastebin.com/JVHDg8Hm

Use this to remove Onedrive from Windows 10

It used to be OneDrive until some autist decided to upload 75tb a month to it.

Is Seafile Sup Forums-approved?

I saw it on privacytools.io

Does that work only on the personal folder or will it fuck up my business folder as well?

I need onedrive for my work but windows automatically made a personal folder for me which I have no use for.

>dropbox lets you set bandwidth and proxy settings
>onedrive does not

Does google drive let you do that? I have been thinking of moving from dropbox to something larger.

>So they are to retarded to use ftp?

Yes, that's why they call themselves "senior developers"

>microshaft really shits itself over that configuration?

Yeah it's a kernel level filesystem level bug, takes the whole thing down.

>you actually got a refund from ms?

MS will refund you any time the problem is actually a Microsoft bug. Our organisation probably logged a paid support ticket for every fucking bug that led to every one of these:

support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/3135020

Plus about a dozen other problems recently. Every time they go "known issue, fix will be out soon, here's a refund". Sometimes I get a beta release of the fix and have to report on how it worked.

Product looks good but its development has been a shambles and I don't trust it to stay around:

blogs.seafile.com/2016/07/22/future-development-plan-of-seafile/

>So they are to retarded to use ftp?

Mate try working at a hosting company. Think "Bluehost".

Not one of our fucking customers can use FTP. The vast majority of my job involves walking people through how to use Filezilla.

Shittonnes of people literally give up and buy Dream fucking weaver because they have a friend who said the FTP wizard is easier to use.

>Owncloud

>A shit PHP codebase with "low barrier for entry" as a core design philosophy
>Deliberately refusing good PRs because "code might become complex for newcomers"

OwnCloud goes Allahu Akbar every few months, seafile masterrace.

Currently using OneDrive since they gave me a free 1 Tt space and office for a year. Probably will continue using that after the free year since my total of 1,2 Tt space has about 200 gb of my backups and other stuff and only choise that's better would be to make my own cloud storage with Owncloud.

>rent a server
>cant into fps
Please burn this world.
Is this the reason shits so expensive now? Do you give discounts for people that are not incompetent as fuck?

Honestly if you're not interested in "learning Wordpress" there are better options for you. Deploy your app to Heroku, or build your own EC2 server. Better yet, run a static site generator on Github pages.

We don't pretend to be "better" than those options. The cPanel environment is legacy, shitty, and still sells incredibly well because most "web developers" are graphic designers "that also do Internet".

There's a reason we literally don't offer a version of PHP that's not End Of Life. Most of our customers are following howto guides like pic related.

>Honestly if you're not interested in "learning Wordpress"
Im confused, I didnt mention word press or even know what it is.
I dont do remote servers because I dont serve anyone besides myself, so I host everyhting on my own setup, but I have entertained the idea of renting a vps. do everything through ssh, ftp, and samba.. I imagine Id do the same thing with a vps but without samba.
Is that not how I should do it? or is all that stuff you just said for idiots that want to pretend to be sys admins with their shitty riced out website?

We don't do VPSs. That's only relevant to a much more advanced user than we ever deal with.

what the fuck.
how much do you charge for a full server then? You said you were serving plebs.. what would a pleb need a full server for?

>how much do you charge for a full server then?

We don't do full servers.

I won't tell you where I work but our biggest competitor is this:

bluehost.com/shared

>how much do you charge for a full server then?
Then what are you selling? just website space?

Like I said, it's a cPanel account. One Apache virtualhost on PHP 5.3. We have two physical servers servicing ~1800 users.

Is there any storage system with client-side encryption so I could store my files on an untrusted server? SpiderOak is proprietary

> PHP 5.3
Jesus.

Few words.

Mechanical parts

Planned obsolescence

Idk, one of them is like six or seven years old and the other three or four tears and both are working prfectly. Better than any cloud meme.

Offense is the best defense t2bh

Google Drive because I'm on Chromium OS

nextcloud

MEGA