What does /g think about mx blacks?

What does /g think about mx blacks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AIdhVKTDes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They're meh

Best switch. Red-fags can fuck off.

ok for gaming on. feels like utter shit for typing on. same as reds to be honest

Blues are the best
/thread

Pointless for typing.

They are inferior to the whites.

>/threading at your own post

I'll do it for you

/thread

'tis true

Reds are for limp wrists.

Black power!

gateron blacks are smoother and cheaper

It's impossible to comfortably type on them after you've also tried MX Blues

t. ex black owner who was converted to blues after trying them

Too loud for my autistic comfort-needs

I always bottom out the keys so i use reds

I'm not really into linear

But I can see the appeal :)

great for first person shooter games.
complete shit for everything else.

MX Black is the patrician switch.
I suggest everyone get blacked.

Too soft, needs more stiff for better gains

It's the only form of acceptable Blacking, for a non-Swede.

who /brown/?

Uh guys, what Cherry intended is pretty obvious. They are Germans after all.

white = aryans
black = niggers
brown = sandniggers
red = native americans
blue = avatars
clear = ghosts
yellow = chinks

Clear=blue>green>brown>>gaming trash

I bought some black springs but I can't get my reds apart to swap them out. The issue is more than likely me being ignorant.

>t. autism

Right here. G710+ is pretty comfy.

I play fps games on blues. Really no complaints about them. Switches are a totally subjective choice, some switches being better for a certain activity is unjustified marketing.

blue has a reset point higher than the activation point. This matters for l337 pr0 shit like counter strafing in CS.

Still wouldn't recommend MX blacks to anyone because they are shit to type on and bottoming them out all day hurts your fingers.

>blue has a reset point higher than the activation point. This matters for l337 pr0 shit like counter strafing in CS.
I can strafe in all my games really well with blues. It's a matter of habitude. Blues have higher reset points, but they activate easily and fast once you know the right way to press them.

have you seen csgo pros play, you want every millisecond to count

youtube.com/watch?v=-AIdhVKTDes

fugg

Like anything black, it doesn't work for shit.

>Using a non topre switch
Top fucking kek

> using a half membrane switch

>half membrane
Topre has absolutely nothing to do with a membrane.

If every millisecond was so important, every CS pro gamer should also connect keyboard to the PS/2 port, which I guess that rarely happens.

it's not about how fast you can press them. It's about how fast and accurate you can release them. For peeking around cover and the aforementioned counter strafing this makes a big difference.

i don't know the usage statistics but most gaming motherboards still have a PS/2 port, and a fast usb gaming keyboard with a powerful processor etc could still have super low latency, cherry has realkey technology which makes the latency practically zero on top of the 0-1ms latency of the 1000 Hz usb polling rate

>'tis true
t. reddit

I love my browns.

Yeah, but do you know that you're actually talking about unperceptible time/latency difference?

clears are the best

Nope clears

Take all keyboard caps off, stick them in play-do, and then start typing. That's what blacks feel like.

the average usb keyboard has 20+ ms latency, it's enough to make a difference.

and the other guy is talking about the mechanical delay of the switch which i don't know the timings off but clearly an instant on/off actuation point will feel different compared to a blue switch which you have to let the key bounce up again before it deactivates and you can press it again

Yeah, but once you get a decent PS/2 keyboard the colour of the switches doesn't make a big difference.

I worked at cherry a couple of years ago
AMA.

>Blues are the best
>/thread

true

>>Blues are the best
>true
blues or mx green for typing yeah, but it's not as clear cut for gaming

Why aren't there more green keyboards

> le "you need special switches for gayming" meme
XD

>there are different switches with different characteristic
>but they are not different for gaming

If you learn to type on blues without bottoming, the deactivation time isn't a disadvantage anymore.

>Why aren't there more green keyboards

Because they are idiots who got steamrolled by the "mechanical keyboard for gamers" hype.
So they focused mainly on the big four:
blue, black, red, brown.

the deactivation point is still higher than the activation point

blue + heavier spring = green

It's just subjective. Some people prefer blacks, some prefer blues, some prefer clears. Once you learn to type correctly and you find the most suitable switches to you, there's no difference to what you're going to do with them.

No fucking shit, dude.

so just get heavier springs and replace them

Cherry MX switches are garbage.

I've got boards with blacks, browns, blues, and buckling springs but I always go back to the blacks. Best switch easy. Good weight that pushes back and they feel amazing with SA caps.

browns are best

Hello Min-Liang Tan

it is because pressing the key twice in quick succession takes more finger movement and thus more time. For gaymen this is actually relevant.

They're shit.
>Currently writing in a black switch keyboard.

Blue is where it's at. Non-linear feels ftw.

Master race right there. Not too linear, not too clicky

Indeed brother!

Shish

>What does /g think about mx blacks?
They're crude, obnoxious, and they always make lots of noise when you're trying to watch a movie.

Vintage blacks are the only non meme switch

How long does it take for newly purchased blacks to become vintage?

wtf i just did this and it ruined my keyboard

>there are conscious and sentient beings in this very thread that dont use clears
(puke)

They're too loud and they never tip.

CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK

You mean blue aren't that loud?

I love loud keys. I actually bought an MX black keyboard to intimidate people while I furiously type comments in photos of cute cats on Facebook.

this desu

Never

Cherry used smoother stem surface back in the 80s that doesn't make scratchy noise when switch is pressed.

You'll have to buy them off of someone which I did and got half jewed where some were "old" but not a true vintage and you can definitely feel the difference between 20 and a 30 year old switch.

he's talking about black people

who /browns/ here?

butbutbut...