Is Ethernet Data Link or Physical?

Is Ethernet Data Link or Physical?
It seems to be no consensus in literature.

data link

TCP/IP != the OSI model.

is both

>TCP/IP != the OSI model.

Yes, but how is OP going to pass his CCNA if you start talking like that? Don't try and confuse Sup Forums with your sensible posts. GOSH.

The protocol that is data link, the cable and frequency specifics is physical

Had a CCNA for a few years and would say data link. Ethernet has frames and headers for MAC addresses so operates on the LAN.It doesn't deal with IP addressing and cross routers so doesn't enter the !network layer realm. It's also a step up above physical because it is more than just electrical signals.

Butthurt NEET detected.

OSI a shit. I'll never understand why this reference model with its superfluous layers that are not found in any real networking stack is always taught instead of TCP/IP.
It's the latin of networking.

I guess the closest thing to physical would be the RJ-45 (or whatever they were called) plugs & cables and hubs if there are any.
Ethernet would be data link.

"Ethernet" is the specification of the frames, so data link or layer 2.
That port is 10/100/1000Base-T, so physical or layer 1.
Both are defined under IEEE 802.3.

I'm going to go on a fucking rant here because I don't have my fucking CCENT/CCNA because I got married 3 years ago and my wife wants to do nothing but go to her fucking family house every fucking weekend. I got no study time I took the test once and failed because I was only able to study for a total for like 20 days. In 2 weeks our divorce should be final and I will be back to doing what I love. I hope you pass OP. Women all love your computer leet hacker shit but the day after the wedding you got to stop and do what they fuck they want.

The OSI model is purely academic and is not used in practice.
What is used is the TCP/IP model and that puts Ethernet at the data link layer.

In which layer is the botnet?

Every layer user, every layer.

The CCNA test references both OSI model and TCP/IP so you need to know both.

Ethernet is data link. The cable itself is physical.

It is obviously not physical.

Maybe your limp dick should've laid the law down instead of being a massive pussy

Yep, I was.

good job on being a fucking cuck, faggot

congrats bro I wish you well

You need a better woman user. My gf got me a 3750E for my birthday

What you call it when used for none network shit?

I hope this is bait or you're a fucking amerifat.
Nowhere in the fucking world would a woman interfere with her man's money making skills except when she's fucking retarded (and you should spot retarded before saying "i do") or when she's a psychopath who knows that she'll get alimony after the divorce no matter what she does (hence the amerifat possibility).
Also, women don't love leet hacker shit, women have no ideea what's the difference between a "ultra super alien themed red painted gaming machine that runs a browser with facebook" and a "wifi sandwich maker with 720p lcd and a facebook app".
And finaly, bitch either respects your professional aims or gets the fuck out... except if you're amerifat and then she leaves with half of your house.

The ccna is not that hard to study for. I have a ccnp in route switch and it took me about 2 weeks to study for the ccna and that was only studying about 4 hours a night

>not a G
lol

wut? The G has 1gig SFPs vs 10gig X2 modules, and a 32gig stacking port rather than a 64gig stacking port. Why the fuck would I want a 3750G rather than a 3750E?

Ethernet MAC is data link, Ethernet PHY is physical. The standard defines both. Sometimes these two layers even exist as separate chips.

this obviously

>CCNA
>wife
you should consider it's 2016