Prove me wrong about Microsoft

Only reason you people hate Microsoft is because you have something to hide. They don't spy, they send data to make the experiance better for you and prevent terrorist attacks. Prove me wrong. //Anish

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/kindle-crashes-and-broken-powershell-something-isnt-right-with-windows-10-testing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bait as fuck

POO IN THE LOO!

>install Windows
>have to manually download and install all the drivers
>on several systems, the fucking ethernet or wifi drivers don't install, so I have to go on ANOTHER computer to download them, put them on a pocket SSD and then transfer them to my laptop
>once it's installed, wait a few hours to update it
>of course, it will update by itself in the future when I need my computer most

>install any desktop-tier Linux distro (e.g. not Arch or Gentoo)
>all drivers install by default
>can install codecs with a click of a button
>have repositories to download any other things I want
>installs and updates faster; up and running in 10-15 minutes
>I can choose when and what to update
>also, my updater works for all my installed software, so I can update my applications, too

Even if you forget all that shit about privacy, Microsoft fucking sucks. Their products are garbage

Im a IT Security student and use a bunch of muh free software from microsoft spark, included Windows 10, i can bite the bait and talk "wonders" about Microsoft.

But even i know, that regarless of having something or nothing to hide, Microsoft does spy on their users, apple does it, google does it, some linux distros do it, we have seen FOSS software do it in the past, we have seen manufacturers do it. Everyone does it one way or the other, who recives what kind of that data collected is another different thing.

You may say oh well i have a bunch of random generated user names and passwords and shit...well there are a few companies working as we speak in algorithms to ultimately defeat the purpose of anonymity.

Very funny, man.

>pocket SSD

Elaborate please.

>all drivers install by default
Nice one

There's really nothing to elaborate on. Everything they make sucks. Prove me wrong

t. someone who has never used Linux

Also
>deleting your post

Windows just werks and is very attractive looking. Prove me wrong.

Thank you for that post Anish. 100 rupees has been deposited into your account.

>Windows just werks
So do a lot of Linux distros. Also that's just one product they make
>is very attractive looking
lmao

It's Kapoor, you wannabe try hard pajeet cuck.

You're literally lower than pajeet for making this poor bait thread.

With certain third party applications you can customize Windows versions to your liking, also, can you game on Linux? exactly. Prove me wrong.

I use Microsoft Windows 10 every day and have yet to have any problems or visits from the police. Maybe it has something to do with me abiding by the law.

>want to get a program on Windows
>find the binary on google
>need to use adblock to figure out which download button is the real one
>upload binary to virustotal to check if it's legitimate
>install program

>want to get a program on linux
>potentially add a repo to my package manager
>tell the package manager to install it

>want to update Windows
>open Windows update
>wait 2 hours
>have to google updates to check if they will be harmful

>want to update linux
>tell the package manager to update

>want to install a C library on Windows
>find the correct binary distribution of the library
>manually configure my compiler to use the library

>want to install a C library on Linux
>install script does everything for me.

Coulden't agree more, user.

>want to get a program on linux
>can't get the program on linux because Windows only
Prove me wrong.

>With certain third party applications you can customize Windows versions to your liking
Without any third party applications you can customize Linux to your liking
>also, can you game on Linux?
Support for Linux is increasing. Also that doesn't make the OS itself better.

Also stop saying "prove me wrong" in every post you fucking retard

I totally agree OP, i myself agree with Everything you've posted in this thread so far.

//Malajit

>increasing
Prove me wrong.

Actually Anish, most people here hate Microsoft because they're middle schoolers going through a rebellious phase.

Evidence:
1. All of the desktop threads. Middle schoolers live on receiving validation from their peers.
2. The inexplicable levels of inexperience with technology on a board for enthusiasts.
3. Overlap with Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums, all boards known for their younger skewing demographics.

>using proprietary software
>there's probably a Linux equivalent
>PCIe passthrough with a VM
>Wine works for most things that aren't games or dependent on low level mechanisms

Yeah there is some proprietary software and a small amount of free software that doesn't work on Linux, but that's like complaining that you can't hike through the mud in your dress shoes. You can just dual boot, VM, etc. and use Linux as the main.

>Prove me wrong.
Prove me wrong.

>scared by proprietary software
>wine
Okay.

I hated them well before this whole datamining thing started. Now I've got even more of a right to hate them. Also, this

>wine
Kek, ok man

I was just spouting all the memes about this issue. Is this a fucking pasta?

did you delete your previous comment to just add the word kek into it?

The word "Kek" is very powerful, yes, i did.

Windows costs money. /thread

>paying for Windows

>Shitty free experiance
>Paid amazing experiance
Prove me wrong.

kys

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/08/kindle-crashes-and-broken-powershell-something-isnt-right-with-windows-10-testing/

>kys
Mature response.

shut the fuck up

> experiance

14? 15?

13 but that dosen't matter faggot

Okay.

Nope. All my sensitive stuff are stored on a separate non ms machine so I dont have anything to hide (because its all hidden already).
Still ms model is retarded. Sure make experience better by spying but let the user decide if they want it or not. Even have it on by default but make an option to disable it. Thats where ms fucked up.

>amazing experience

go home kiddo

That argument works for degenerates, but only until next year when MS begins the subscription program with licenses validated via the cloud on each login.

Windows 7 will be around until at least 2020

>nothing to hide.
>don't hide....run!

>Sir, We found an old log that states he clicked an image one time when he was 12 that redirected him to CP on some site 15 years ago, he left immediately but it IS recorded that he was there.

>Ok arrest him on suspicion then and throw the name of the site around allot during the investigation, if anything he'll get fired and a divorce, this should lower peoples opinion of him enough that nobody will listen to him when he speaks out against god emperor.

Spying is bad mmmnn-kay

>Install Windows 10
>Can't use Ubuntu binaries, need to update.
>Update hangs for 3 hours.
>Literally 3 pages of commands and registry edits to reset the update subsystem.
>Fuck it nevermind, reboot like 3 times and it just starts working.
>Finally get everything setup Gentoo in Hyper-V
>Anniversary update.
>Computer reboots at 8am while I'm streaming anime from the plex server on the Gentoo Hyper-V.
>Doesn't come back up.
>Server won't post.
>Pull cmos battery.
>Posts.
>Updates still finishing.
>When it finally comes back up it refuses to start the Gentoo server because it doesn't have enough ram to load the saved state.
>Wipe the state and boot it anyway.

If I didn't want to use Steam in home streaming I wouldn't have to deal with this shit at all.

FUCKING THIS

I had to reinstall Windows on my brother-in-law's machine. I figured it wouldn't take long. It's updating for the first time and I've forgotten how fucking retarded it is.

>Checking for updates...
IT'S BEEN 20 MINUTES AND IT'S STILL """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""CHECKING""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""'

IT'S LIKE THE WINDOWS UPDATE SERVER IS IN FUCKING BANGALORE RUNNING ON A WINDOWS 95 MACHINE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET VIA DIAL-UP

>He doesn't download and save drivers prior to installing Windows 7

No, I hate Microsoft for pushing their garbage OS onto the world using unfair bussines tactics. If not for them, maybe the computing would look better now.