/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime preview
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_3s_prime-review-1481.php

New Xiaomi Mi Note 2 leak confirms SD821 SoC, curved display, and dual-camera setup
gsmarena.com/new_mi_note_2_leak_confirms_sd821_soc_curved_display_and_dualcamera_setup-news-20168.php

Huawei Honor 8 is now available for purchase in US
gsmarena.com/huawei_honor_8_is_now_available_for_purchase_in_us-news-20166.php

SD625-powered Redmi 4 with 2GB RAM spotted on Geekbench
gsmarena.com/sd625powered_xiaomi_mido_with_2gb_ram_spotted_on_geekbench-news-20157.php

LeEco Le 2S Pro supposedly breezes through AnTuTu with a score of 157,897
phonearena.com/news/LeEco-Le-2S-Pro-supposedly-breezes-through-AnTuTu-with-a-score-of-157897_id84577

Galaxy Note 7 review: What’s the opposite of “bang for your buck?”
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/08/galaxy-note-7-review-whats-the-opposite-of-bang-for-your-buck/

Samsung Galaxy Note 7: Unboxing & Review - DetroitBORG
youtube.com/watch?v=H_7vS-Y0dHI

Blu R1 HD Amazon phone 2 week update
youtube.com/watch?v=hdMovREO2UY

old

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NEF9SYW
phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-XR-XZ-and-Xperia-X-Compact-to-be-launched-on-September-24th_id84566
amazon.com/H811-Smartphone-Camera-Metallic-T-Mobile/dp/B011B8WUKM/ref=sr_1_24?m=A2NYPDFB973723&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1472340870&sr=1-24
bluproducts.com/tank-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Note4 and zl, oneplus3 or something else? Looking for expandable storage and finger print

Anime isn't real kiddo

Neither are you.

my budget is $200

I want a phone w/ a good cam and minimum 2 gb of ram (pref 3gb) and no lame 6.0 marshmallow

Mainly looking @ the Honor 5x and Moto G3

Hear so much stuff about the G3 and nothing about the 5X. Anyone have it? Pro and cons

is there another phone i should be looking at that'll fit my budget??

Why the G3 and not the G4?

huawei have the shittiest cameras in the world, beware of that

Hello goys,

I think I need an upgrade, I got a Nexus 5x on Project Fi, and it sucks dick lmao.
Do you guys have any recommendations?
I have a few simple needs:
Off Screen buttons
Expandable storage
Pretty good rear camera

the Redmi Note series looks okay, but the camera seems dookie.

I was thinking about the new sony's but they seem over priced, for standard specs

Price cap is like 500 - 600 USD

Is the T-Mobile Jump program a scam? I don't know what they mean by zero down, will I basically be paying the price of a new phone if I have a LG G3 and trade it in?

what really?

How so? I'm very happy with my Nexus 5X. What went wrong for you, user

Look into the axon 7 maybe btw, or maybe the new nexus

Are _we_ real?

From what I've seen yes
I had an y330, terrible camera, shit software
A friend got a huawei with dual cameras, don't know which model but it was shit
Reviews on the dual camera modules say they're shit

Also the operating systems is pretty bad. I and my friend who also has a huawei don't receive Slack notifications when we are on mobile data for example

If you want a phone with a good camera stick to the big western brands (Samasung, Motorola, LG, maybe Oneplus)
Huawei is low tier chink brand
Xiaomi is good tier chink brand but cameras are average

anyone here use Ting?

Not him but what about the BLU

amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA

About to purchase the Moto G3 because it's finally time to replace my moto x gen 1 that's currently on life support.

I'm getting the g3 because I don't want a 5-inch or larger screen. Considered the g4 play but it doesn't seem worth it and I'm tired of waiting.

Am I making a mistake with the g3? My Moto X is easily the best phone I've ever had, I wish they would just make another one with the same shape and size but updated specs

Nah. Everyone who did already migrated to Boost.

>Samsung, LG and Oneplus are Western

Guys I got the note 7 on launch, and I think its the best phone I've ever used by a long long way.

Quick, someone redpill me and tell me why I should hate it..

Get the LG G3 instead you dumb cuck. Moto is owned by lelnovo so expect pre loaded malware on that shit.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NEF9SYW

It Socrates easily, only 4GB of RAM, Snapoven version has vomit inducing performance, and it's just simply way overpriced right now.

So far ram hasn't been an issue at all, and the performance is fantastic. I'm not 1:1 comparing it obviously so I'm not noticing any slow down at all.

Damnit, keep trying, I need to hate this phone.

Is this going to save sony?
phonearena.com/news/Sony-Xperia-XR-XZ-and-Xperia-X-Compact-to-be-launched-on-September-24th_id84566

No idea about that one
Try to find reviews on the internet

The thing with phone cameras is that 50% of quality is given by the actual camera, the other 50% by the software. As you can imagine camera software ain't simple.
Big brands that are mature on the smartphone market have years of experience with writing camera software so it actually provides decent quality
Then a brand like Huawei comes into the market and straps two good cameras on a phone but are incapable of writing good software and the result is bad

ehh, I was referring to brands that own the biggest market share in the western smartphone sales

>5.5 inch screen (too big)
>no indent on the back for one handed use perfection
>power button on the back instead of side

The first two are some of the biggest reasons I like the Moto X so much

>brand new smartphone
>'best phone camera on the market'
>photos are blurry and washed out
>tweak the contrast marginally to show just how poor the color rendering is

What the fuck man... This feels as good as my S3....?

Not at all, it's an excellent phone unless you're a spoiled teenager fuck.

Compile CM from source and install it if you're so paranoid.
>le cuck meme
Fucking epic, Sup Forumsro.

.5 inch screen (too big)
manlet

How does the HTC 10 auto brightness work? Doesn't seem to adjust much, even adjusting the range.

Like Hotcakes...

What the fuck do you want a huge phone for, you braindead bimbo? All you do is use Snap fucking chat on it.

>using auto brightness
shit always fucks up on everything I have tried it on

The ram is the only real reason.

are they good price? how does it compare to an iphone 5?

i fuck loads of tinder sluts using my phone for tinder

Good phone for a poor t-mobile user?

amazon.com/H811-Smartphone-Camera-Metallic-T-Mobile/dp/B011B8WUKM/ref=sr_1_24?m=A2NYPDFB973723&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1472340870&sr=1-24

not gamer etc cept some pokemon. pictures videos texting email what not normal stuff

Worked fine on my LG G3, but the HTC has some kind of adjustable auto brightness that you can increase or decrease the range of.

So you can set the brightness while it's on auto to control the effect of the adjustment, but I haven't really noticed it.

Also, I'm still trying to feel out the battery life, still on stock. Haven't gotten more than 4h.

That phone, as well as some other LG phones, have a major hardware fault that causes them to enter a bootloop that you can't recover from.

It's why they're so cheap on the used market.

what about this one???

anyone know if this one good??

ATT LTE

16GB Internal memory 2GB RAM, 1.3 GHz Octa-Core Mediatek 6753 with MALI T720 GPU
13MP Main 5MP Front

I'm on Canadian telus and already have a plan, will I run into any issues if I order a xiaomi redmi note 3 pro and just slap my old sim card in it?

oh okay well f that. reviews seem nice though.

I just want another iphone. expensive assholes

If you're going to get a BLU for AT&T you might as well get that $60 one with ads from Amazon. You can root it and get rid of the ads easily.

Sadly no. Ugly as fuck design with poor battery life and overpriced. Only the compact version has a chance to be somewhat a success.

Congrats, I guess. You can do that on a 5" screen perfectly.

had a blu vivo selfie as burner.

took over my as my main phone for a bit lol
til my ex smashed during an argument

bump for this

my phone size is better than your phone size

see pic related. Ironically I actually own an SE. It'll probably end up being sold on ebay for like $250 by me because of a few scratches so go there if you want a better deal I guess. I only used it for about 3 months since I bought it unlocked.

iPhones suck but the SE really takes the cake. The super low res and tiny screen just don't cut it anymore for most things. Text looks blocky especially because you have to look at it 1 inch away on that tiny screen. That and all the problems in pic related have made me lose all hope in aplel phones.

Where do people safely download apks?

Apkmirror

why the heck doesn't apple sell iphone 5's anymore. I hate them but like their phones. fucking proprietary niggas

How old are you?

Zero down means you don't have to put any cash down to obtain the phone on the day you go in to buy it. Its a pretty common term.

i just type the app's name followed by "apk" into google and hope for the best

Jap/Chink/Thai/Korean games: QooApp
Other region blocked apps: APKpure.

Nightly reminder to never buy anything from DOOGEE
>Who?
That's right

There is an occasional shitposter who claims all smartphones are the same. I know he's wrong, I really like unique things like Yotaphone's second display, Note's stylus, V10s display strip, Asus Zoom's camera, stuff like that.

But more than unique hardware, which I know it's getting rarer, is the any useful unique software provided by manufacturers? Anything you've ever found remotely useful?

my iphone home butto got fucked.

Get it repaired
save for new iphone or get a lagdroid?

any suggestions for a semi poor fag?

I sort of agree. androids suck. having to pay for an iphone is like a new car

I have a 6s and I'm not planning on buying the new one, when should I stop updating IOS ?

iphones at least get updated for 3 years or more, at least the 5 and on will. fucking android is garbage with updates. it's fucking sad that snapdragon 800/801 devices are already unable to be updated.

I'm going from a One M8 to a Note 7. This is the first time I've switched from Android phone to Android phone. Is there any program or anything I can use to transfer stuff from the on-board memory of my M8 to my Note? Most of my games and stuff are on the internal storage.

But where to find a new iphone 5?

How do you guys hardened your android? I'm new to this whole security shit and I'd like to get my shit together.

believing in a ignorant png

Is it only the Snapdragon Samsungs that are super laggy? I'm using a Note 5 now and it seems fine. It has an Exynos though.

Just bought a mi max.
What am in for?

stop at 9.3.5 or 9.3.4 if you're into jailbreak, don't update to ios 10

Any 6p users itt? How is your devise fairing since updating to 7.0 Nougat?

ordered new iphone Se for 399 and tax.

hate me but i love iphones. going to be a cheap next month

Have this exact phone as a daily driver. It's decent but after rooting it and installing Xposed and some modules it's slow as fuck now. Also rom support is a wasteland, there is one dude currently trying to port CM12.1. at 150$, would not recommend, but I bought it for 99 so it's worth.

It's a million times better since it doesn't run that POS OS.

same as iphone6s only .7 smaller screeb=n

399 plus taes 2 day deilvery. of course unlocked all and will have great insurance for some years which is a big plus. not hsilling. I am just used to them and enjoy them.plus if anything goes wroung or need help it will be free

You're fine, it supports most 4G bands so you should be okay

iPhone SE is literally an iPhone 5S with a better processor, camera and an extra gig of ram. What an innovating product

wow, you're fucking retarded and are giving terrible advice, iphones should always be in the latest firmware

Eh, some manufacturers have a few okay programs - I'm using the Blackberry keyboard on my LG device.
But for the most part user-developed apps are almost always the best and most supported programs.
After all, more and more users are wanting manufacturers to just stick with a lightweight, more stock Android skin.

Probably Android - not just coming from an anti-Apple Sup Forums autismo, but if you're tech literate whatsoever, just pick a phone best for your uses / budget.
And how poorfag we talking?
Really generic answers, I'd say:
BLU Advance 5 is $60.
Huawei Honor 5X is $190.
Moto 4G Plus is $250.
OnePlus 3 is $400.

Common sense, and don't download apps from outside the Google Play Store, and you'll be fine.
Most phone security flaws come from apps outside of the store, since Google and Apple both scan / remove any apps that are found to contain any viruses or security risks.

yes, yes, excellent goy

looking for a cheap ass phone that can

-hold a good amount of music (2-3 gigs worth)
-text
-have a god tier battery life
-looks cool?

I was thinking motorola razr but IDK?? anyone know anything REALLY cheap?? I want to have the kind of phone where I can just throw it on the ground without any repercussions

That answers one question, and I'm 22. I just don't get out too much and avoid conflicts.

cmon negras answer me question

Is a used Note 4 a good phone for 2016? Going to cost me $180

Yeah, sounds like you really just need a dumbphone.
If you really just want a phone for nothing but that, there's the Blu Tank II for $18 off Amazon.

MicroSD slot for up to a 32 GB card.
1,900 mAh battery is comparable to flagship phones, minus the power-hogging hardware. (Razr was 740 mAh battery)
Bluetooth capable.
Can be a mp3 player.

bluproducts.com/tank-2

Moto G4
Blu Life XL
Xperia C4
Which should I get and why? Carrier is At&t

Yes

I bought an s7 edge and i'm really getting annoyed at how hard the thing is to hold without activating some button or it interfering with me trying to press something else, but the phone is confused because it sees me pressing something but then it also sees my palm pressing the edge of the screen due to the touch screen rolling around the side.

I'd return it and get a regular s7 if I could but since I got it from ebay that's not an option.

i'm wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me. I was thinking maybe the right case could solve my problem. Something that gives me a better grip on the sides.

I got a new g4 for 200 bucks . but beware you have to buy a spare battery and a fast charger . also it heats when there is no air but its a powerful and comfy phone

>anyone here use Ting?

i do! last month's bill was $30 something, i think. that's for two phones w/ 500 mins, 1000 messages, and 500 mb, i believe.

don't really need unlimited data since there's wifi at home and at work. not a heavy phone user so it makes no sense to pay more than necessary.

considered boost mobile but i'd end up paying three times more, and it's carrier locked. no, thanks.

I use Ting too, it's been great so far

So I've got a Moto G4 from Amazon.co.uk for 150GBP. Liking the phone so far, but have one issue. Since I've got it from UK, it has the UK Fast Charging plug that is UK three-pin. My question is, if I use three-pin to two-pin adapter, will it work for Fast Charging, or I am better off buying original two-pin?

Ting CDMA is tough to justify over RingPlus, especially since their cheap Mad plans fixed the main issue that'd justify going to a different Sprint MVNO (voice latency) and their free plans are some of the best for conservative data power users.

GSM is pretty competitive, though. They also have very good customer service; I would definitely be considering them if I wasn't on Sprint/RingPlus and if I was running multiple light usage lines. If I ran one GSM or Verizon line, I'd probably run the one year of Red Pocket deal, though, as it gives 1000min/1000txt/500mb a month for under 20 dollars a month, or maybe the 2gb T-Mobile data only plan for around 20 a month using Google Hangouts.

I feel confident and knowledgeable enough handling complex or questionable services for cheap (See: RingPlus or Freedompop respectively), but honestly I could feel comfortable recommending Ting to just about anyone. I'm spoiled due to awareness, but most people do save a ton on Ting compared to the big four and would probably prefer their customer service, too...

how about that easily scratchable screen and home button

Anybody in here use stereo bluetooth headsets? How are they?

What is the best place to get pirated apps for android? I sure as fuck can't afford to buy them.

Despite all those options being shit, the G4 is the least shit.

Google.com

Get G4 instead. G3 support is already dropped, and it has really slow processor.

Get a job

Would still be good for the next 2 or 3 years

Nonchangable battery? Good luck in two years.. I just changed a battery to my old phone and its all good again. No ir blaster, touchjizz ram management, samsung non removable apps, high price, closed boot loader, no custom roms, knox.

God I want a stylus nexus.

>battery
Never an issue for iPhones