Alright, you know the drill:

Last thread: If you can't be bothered to:
>search it
>lurk moar
>git gud

Then this thread is for you!
Post your simple/stupid questions here, ONCE
You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Please redirect or ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Protip: If you can't tell if your question deserves it's own thread, its very likely it doesn't. Post it here, we'll let you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/ameuju.pdf
amazon.com/Crucial-MX300-275GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B01IAGSDJ0/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472795065&sr=1-5&keywords=m.2+ssd
amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-PCI-E-Adapter-ECM20/dp/B01798WOJ0/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472794623&sr=1-5&keywords=m.2 pcie
forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z2/help/write-sd-card-permissions-android-5-0-2-t3089933
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pcnexus.net/2015/12/what-is-factory-reset-protection-google-72-hour-lockout-android-lollipop.html
amazon.com/dp/B01A3I6RBY/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_FCRYxbNVK4MZX
amazon.com/Linksys-AE1200-Wireless-N-USB-Adapter/dp/B0054YQOM0/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472903418&sr=1-6&keywords=usb wifi adapter
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh shit, the last thread was , my bad.

My Android smartphone got stuck into a bootloop after trying to bypass the FRP, should I ask for a replacement or try to fix it myself?

If yes to the latter, should I just wait three days to enter my account, or should I try to bypass it again using another method?

Really want to ask for a replacement right now. The second I entered in my Jewgle shit is the second it started getting warm to the touch.

What are some good, trustworthy sites to download apks from?

Im trying to repair a laptop.

HP DV5 to be exact.
So far no luck turning it on, power socket seems loose but the owner said it was working.

Charging LED doesn't work apparently, no luck trying to boot it without battery, opted to leave it charging for a while.

What would be the next step to do, open it and reseat/move it?
Wait a while while it charges?
What?

mATX or ITX?
Both are fully featured and compatible with the good shit

looking for a vpn that will allow me to access omegle.

currently i have VPN unlimited but it has stopped working. what would you recommend?

Make sure to check the power socket. That same shit happened to my shitty Dell Inspiron, and because the socket was soldered on, I couldn't easily replace it.

> HP
> not an EliteBook
Yeah, good fucking luck.
Chances are you're going to have to desolder then resolder the power socket after you disassemble the damn thing.

Alternatively, it could just be a problem with your power supply.

I would go with mATX, but that's just because I've had some good experiences with it.

If you go with ITX, you won't be able to get as good cooling if you go with an ITX case as well.

Also, if you don't need that many ports, I would go for ITX. But personally, I would like an mATX.

How do I make a window sticky?
I mean when I move the edge of the window next to the edge of the monitor it stick.

Is it possible to map keyboard keys as media keys in Debian(based) linux?

I would like a play/pause/skip button, but the keyboard I use currently doesn't have them. So I think I could deal with page up/ down, etc being substitutes.

is possible?

what the fuck is this

Just moved from ubuntu to windows 7 SP1 .
Everything feels blurrier. How do I fix this? Should I use Windows Update? I started Windows Update but it's been checking updates for a while now. Any fix for this? Can I do it manually? What are the important updates?

just change the display settings

try going to control panel --> display and tinker with the settings

help

Tried a different cable and no luck, i guess i will have to do it the hard way and open it up to check it.

Sadly this kind of laptops are a pain to open since you have to remove the keyboard.

Is 90% of Sup Forums Comp Sci majors?

Only the 10% that gets memed on.

Who SE here?

I'm Comp Sci but I'm lucky in that my professors tend to focus on actual programming rather than theoretical CS stuff

How do I be intelligent on torrents?
I understand VPN's are good IF you can trust them, but broke college boy at the moment.

I understand that torrent groups that respect seeding and invites are good. What should I bare in mind with that other then the fact that it will run the shit out of my internet from my ISP?

For public torrents: VPN without tracking

You should seriously just use Private Trackers though

>use Private Trackers
How do I into this?

Look at /ptg/ and the ptg PDF a.pomf.cat/ameuju.pdf

basically study for the What.cd membership interview, take it and pass it, and become power user on what.cd to gain access to their invites section. also What.cd is the greatest music archive in the history of mankind - if the album exists it's probably on there with tons of seeders. there are literally over 1 million torrents there

MPV or MPC-HC+MadVR for anime?
I'm on windows. Are tehre any add-ons I should add for MPV if thats the one to go?

I have a .m3u8 and in it there is a key file and some encrypted .ts files.
ffmpeg can download and decrypt it but does anyone know how i can decrypt ithe individual .ts files? I tried openssl but it didn't work

I know this chart is a few years old, but is it still relevant? I'm looking to pick up 3-4tb HDD to use as a super-backup and I want to go with the most reliable brand available.

Oops

> no trigger guard
WHY

Yeah, I'd say it's still relevant.

I believe Hitachi makes the most reliable HDDs, then WD, then Seagate.

Best bang-for-buck M.2 SSD?

I'm going to be using it with a PCIe card, so I don't want to be limited by ~540 MB speeds.

I'm thinking about getting amazon.com/Crucial-MX300-275GB-Internal-Solid/dp/B01IAGSDJ0/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472795065&sr=1-5&keywords=m.2+ssd
and
amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-PCI-E-Adapter-ECM20/dp/B01798WOJ0/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472794623&sr=1-5&keywords=m.2 pcie

Any objections?

Should I get the 600p or 950 instead?

Also, I don't want to have to install fucking drivers, either.

I need both a GPU and monitor. I'm looking at the 470/480 and the 1060.

Is the cash you save on freesync monitors a good enough reason to rule out the 1060 at this point? It seems that way to me but I figured I'd ask here.

>Drive droid

I'm trying to create the empty image but it won't let me access my SD card
I get:

Failed to create image
Could not find location for file /storage/sdcard/ISO

What version of android?

5.0.2 - Xperia Z2

Stock? Rooted?

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z2/help/write-sd-card-permissions-android-5-0-2-t3089933

Is that not NVME? So it'll run off of sata lanes or something?

Rooted, I'll give that a go.

Nope, getting the same error.

What are kernel parameters?
Any neet guide to understand this?
Also I lack /boot/grub/menu.list. Am I in trouble?

You've moved from linux for kiddies to the winblow$ botnet, enjoy it dumbass.

Go back to Sup Forums weeaboo.

You have the drivers for your graphics card installed, right?

>anime website

Shit, I dunno, m8. That's all I had to do when I was getting that error with drive droid.

Sorry I couldn't help more

Thanks anyway, I'll try formatting the card then email the dev.

There's literally nothing wrong with it

This is /g not Sup Forums where you weeb fags have your own sub.

Go shill your shitty NSA backdoored OS elsewhere.

>implying
do you even know what botnet is?

Is there any software similar to Screenshot on Linux for Windows?
I want it to be able to take screenshots of specific areas that I can save to my desktop, upload on imgur, and copy to clipboard.

Any good audio software similar to Foobar and clementine?

Should i buy a surface pro 4?
And if bot what should i get?

Student that needs some kind of laptop in need of help

Is there an extension/add-on in Chrome/Chromium based browsers that makes it's tabs be more like Firefox? I hate how they get scrunched up the more tabs you have.

Sometimes windows 7 get stuck.

Get the updates from the site manually, should be fine this next time.

WIN + R "snippingtool"

can you rate budget computer i am trying to buy

GPU: GTX 750ti or 660ti
CPU: AMD Athlon X4-860K
RAM: CRUCIAL Crucial 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
MOBO: Asus A68HM-K
and some 750W psu maybe

Windows 7 always gets stuck when you're doing a clean install. You need a specific set of updates or it will keep checking indefinitely.

pastebin.com/quC0gz4j

I'm having an odd problem.

I have 3 powerline adapters in my house to connect devices to.
However, in the last 2 months or something, the connection of the lines start slowly dying the closer it gets to midnight. Around then my connection usually completely dies, but when I wake up in the morning it's like nothing happened.
The modem/router still work fine, only the devices connected to the powerline start suffering from lower connection rate and connection drops.

Any ideas what might cause this?
Electrical appliances aren't overloading my house's grid, and it wasn't like this before.

>inb4 nice quads

Can someone explain me the difference between Value Receivers and Method Arguments in golang?

One is a SATA lane, the other is a PCIe lane.

I think.

Anybody?

WinKey+ArrowKey

Yes

SnippingTool or SnippingToolPlus

>sub
Spotted the filthy Redditor. Time to go back.

What do you mean "bypass" FRP? Did you forget your google password?

Is it possible to downgrade Windows 10 to 8.1, like use the key from 10 to activate 8.1? I'm buying a new PC and I wonder if I have to hunt for 8.1 licenses or can I just get 10 Pro and downgrade to 8.1 Pro?

whats the best way to learn how to program a project? i dont mean learning the language and conventions

For some reason loud audio that plays through my headphones is making my microphone cut out. Reinstalling audio drivers didn't help, what do?

Why can't I post from my PC? According to Sup Forums.org/banned I'm not banned, and status page shows that only posting is down.

No, I didn't.

To my knowledge, you have to wait three days after a password change or whatever before you can use it for unlocking your phone after something like a remote reset, which I did.

I put in the correct account, the only account I had associated with that phone, that I had created just for that phone, and it would not let me into my fucking phone, and I didn't want to wait three fucking days to get in there, so I tried to get around it.

I was pretty successful, but RootJunky's sdk didn't work, so I found another way. I altered a few settings and stopped a few services before I rebooted, though, so I cannot use that method until I get out of bootloop.

Depends on if the hardware supports it.

www.groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/

danke

I have 2x2GB DDR2 and a Q6600 in my computer.

Looking at the BIOS, it sees all 4096MB of RAM, but right below it there is a "Total system memory" and it reads only 3376MB.

The system POSTs, but the second it attempts to load Windows from the HDD, it BSoDs and restarts itself.

What is going on and how do I fix it? Already tried reseating everything. Now using 1x2GB + 1x1GB.

Previously it was 2x1GB, I just tried upgraded it today to 2x2GB, which didn't work.

RAM may be corrupted.

You should probably go for a 771 adapter, Xeon processor, and some DDR2 ECC RAM.

The 3 days only applies if you change your google password. And it's only one day now.

pcnexus.net/2015/12/what-is-factory-reset-protection-google-72-hour-lockout-android-lollipop.html

> The 3 days only applies if you change your google password.
Did exactly that.
> And it's only one day now.
Okay.

So wat do?

I think it should be somewhat easy to repair the phone.

You using on-board graphics senpai? If so, check your BIOS to make sure you haven't given it 768MB of memory, as it will take it from your RAM.

As always, reformat, re-install. If your windows installation is 32-bit, it may be throwing a hissy fit over seeing more than 3 gigs of ram

Is there any way in windows to sort files into folder by their name automatically?
Or if possible, to do that in a torrent client.

Why did you reset your password if you didn't forget it?

It won't start off liveusb's either.

I don't use igp, but I'll see if changing that has any effect

Thanks man!

Could it boot off USB before?
You could try to boot memtest86 to verify it's the RAM.
I don't think it is as usually if one chip on the stick fails the whole stick won't work, and the system won't POST until you take it out.
You could also try wiping the BIOS by using the jumpers on the mobo if you have them or taking the cmos battery out for 5 mins

How well does 1600x900 work on a 14" ultra/notebook for daily stuff like writing, browsing, light programming etc.? It's not that easy to get 14" with 1080p and 900p gives many more possible buying options.

That's actually not a bad resolution even on a 17 inch. For the basics it would be fine.

I have a hunch it is a faulty stick. Booting with just that 2GB stick alone causes the same problem.

Booting with the other 2gb stick is fine.

which is weird since it POSTs and the system detects all 4gb ram.

Is DuckDuckGo a viable alternative to Google?

Anything I should be aware of?

Why do my sentences always get split in half when posting on Sup Forums?

post an example

What are some good alternatives to gmail?
I have protonmail but the double password log in gets on my nerves sometimes.

I don't want to spend any money for an email address at the moment senpai and I don't have any time to learn how to build one myself.

I moved my old Windows 7 Desktop upstairs and away from the Router. I bought this on Amazon hoping to just plug it in and have Wireless internet instantly.

amazon.com/dp/B01A3I6RBY/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_FCRYxbNVK4MZX

I failed to realize that I don't have the proper Wireless drivers at the moment and the drivers that were included with the USB Plug is some really crappy looking ricer shit that doesn't work right anyway.

Is there a way to find a better wireless driver? I'm looking at what Intel has available and I'm a little confused by it all.

You got a random chink brand piece of shit you you got chink piece of shit drivers

You're right I'm a dope. I don't know how that fucking thing got 4 and a half stars.

Getting Linksys.

amazon.com/Linksys-AE1200-Wireless-N-USB-Adapter/dp/B0054YQOM0/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1472903418&sr=1-6&keywords=usb wifi adapter

Did you reply to the wrong post?

Bump

y-yes

Can't you fastboot a factory image to it?

Learn to xmodmap, mi negro.

If I keep upgrading my device will I eventually use up my device's storage?

750w seems a bit overkill for me - I'd knock that down to a 600w psu and maybe use the leftover money to improve some orther component or straight up spend the dosh on poptarts and blow