Is it true that efficiency of battery motors go less during cold environment?

Is it true that efficiency of battery motors go less during cold environment?

yes, also electric cars are the worst for the environment than gas.

Batteries give less power and charge slower when cold.
Electric motors don't give a fuck.

Myth.

Tesla's have heated battery packs, BTW. You can pre-heat it before you leave and keep it warm while driving with very little range impact.

Didn't know they had such a feature. Always good to know.

Where does the power come to charge the batteries? What components are used in the many batteries in the car?

Most technologically advanced cars in the world.

Stop with the bullshit.

And least fun to drive. A Yaris is a better option

This fucking nigger is most likely correct.

Where does the electricity come from that refines crude oil into gasoline? Where does the diesel fuel that deliveres that gas to your local gas station come from? Lead and sulphuric acid are used in gas engined car batteries. More harmful to the environment than lithium. Lithium batteries are not as bad if they wind up in a landfill as old nicad batteries, btw.

>wanting to drive yourself
Standard AutoPilot on all new models, you can't trust humans to control a two-ton death machine. Cars are dangerous, driving is a chore and the driver is always the weakest link.

Grasping straws. Each country should be using nuclear power then since natural be and coal are environmentally bad by comparison

Get real. The equal volume of gas compared to lithium in an electric car will power that gas car for a few hundred miles as opposed to years for the e-car. And then the lithium can be recycled while that gas, and the several hundred more gallons burned over that time span, is now air pollution.
>don't forget the electricity that powers the pumps that gets the oil through the pipelines.

There is a heat transfer system which moves heat between the motor, battery, cabin, and outside as needed. But I think there's also a heater it's connected to, which would mean that heating the battery and the cabin in cold weather requires some power and thus impacts range a bit.

*you can't trust retarded amerilards
FTFY, your cars and roads are boring as hell so it's hard to blame you.

Can someone translate what OP is trying to say?

the batteries discharge faster in winter.

the electric motors operate the same.

> comparing the energy efficiency of a power plant to the energy efficiency of a car engine

You are an idiot, you know that right?

Power plants push carnot efficiency, while a car engine is lucky to convert even 20% of the energy into mechanical force

They should be using nuclear....

The power in my state is the only state that uses nuclear power by majority, so an electric car would be good for the environment here

(Most of the remaining in my area is hydroelectric)

Hey, OP here.

I heard that the range on electric cars go down if the temperature is cold. But another user told, it's not much of a thing to worry because batteries in Tesla cars can be preheated so keeping the range okay.