Magsafe 2

I've owned a Macbook Air since 2014 and i've accidentally damaged the magsafe, i've already tried fixing it by using tape and glue, but none of these things seem to work,

it costs a total of 85€ to buy a new one from the apple store and I'm trying to avoid spending money as much has possible

any suggestions? anything that i haven't tried yet that could temporarily fix it would be deeply appreciated

buy a thinkbook

Buy a Dell XPS

Get a fake chinky one on Amazon/eBay/Aliexpress. It will take ~1mo to arrive. If the counterfeiting is humorously bad you can protest with the website and very likely get to keep the product while getting a refund.

Solder it. Or buy a ThinkPad.

Bring it to the Apple store and they will probably replace it. After part of my charger stopped working I took it there and they replaced the part, that simple.

>connecting with weak magnet shit instead of insertion force
Yet another reason crApple is garbage and no one should use it.

thinkpad buy a macbook new one

Buy a replacement cable for $8 on ebay and either buy a cheap soldering kit for $10 or find someone who has one and will fix it for cheap.

And when you have your laptop charging with the plug in and accidentally step on the cord, your machine crashes to the ground. With the Apple charger, it easily falls out if you accidentally pull it out, rather than making you drop your laptop to the ground.

>Not buying a 40 dollar chinkpad on ebay instead.
>Not buying another chinkpad every 3 months since it's cheap as fuck.

OWC (macsales.com) Usually sells them between 35-60 bucks, depending on sales throughout the year. Just make sure you are getting the new one and not a used one.

That has literally *never* happened to me.

It only needs to happen once.

I don't know what that is, son, but it sounds cheap and shit.

Buy one from apple. Chink-shit fake MagSafe chargers sometimes blow macbooks up or light on fire. Chargers are a big flaw of Macbook's, Apple basically has a monopoly on them.

Or the shitty cable breaks like in OP.

they are designed to break. apple is such a fucking scam. i wrapped mine in a thin rubber (the kind used for car wires) and then put tape on it to keep it in place.

>I've owned a Macbook Air since 2014

You were supposed to have bought a new one already.

Which is why Apple offers to replace a part or the whole charger and OP is a retard who probably fucked the charger up more trying to fix it instead of going to the Apple store to get it replaced with no questions asked.

you are pretty much fucked, especially since any of the new cables are going to be worse than the original one.

although consider yourself lucky in a way, my 2011 macbook has had the charging port effectively all fucked out of shape because of how soft the metal is.

after constant plugging and unplugging of the port, the meta begins to wear away because it was so soft and now there is a ton of play in the port which makes me have to wiggle it around just to get it to charge

>apple
Found your problem.

>his laptop is thin and light enough to get tugged along with the cord
>he stretches the 2ft cord far enough that it hovers off the ground, waiting to be tripped over
10 rupees have been deposited into your iTunes account.

How are macbooks? I am planning on getting a top spec macbook pro when the new models are announced. It will be my first apple product.

I think you underestimate the force you'd put on the cable when you step in it. You could easily tug a 5kg laptop

The retarded thing in magsafe is that it is purposely designed to fail like the one in the op, because 99% of users think they're supposed to remove it by pulling the cord and not the plug itself

>OP's cord is fucked up because he's constantly using the fallout out method by only applying a light force to pull it out everytime, without having to use both hands

And that's exactly why it doesn't knock over your whole laptop.

>top spec macbook pro

May as well buy an old shitty $200 craptop. They'll perform the same.

I honestly don't know what you're trying to say with this post

Don't do this. The risks are too big.

Either check craigslist/whatever you have where you live for chargers (maybe someone is selling a new legit one) or just fucking pay up, OP.

It really sucks how weak these cords are but once you have the laptop, there's no helping it.

Read it slowly if you can't understand.

>buying the latest MacBook
Buy a high-end Dell or Thinkpad if you want the highest performance on-the-go, and turn it into a Hackintosh if you really want homOSeX

Are there any upcoming or out now laptops with OLED screens that work solidly with a linux distro (arch) thrown on it?

>The retarded thing in magsafe is that it is purposely designed to fail

Wrong, it's designed for the charger to easily fall out. OP has been pulling the cord out by yanking that way, BECAUSE it easily falls out. That's the point in the design of the charger, so it easily falls out with less force.

>I've owned a Macbook Air

you goddat girlydik

hmu omie

Interesting, then why do people buy macbook pros all the time?

I am more than happy to use windows 7 or a linux OS.

Or, you know, just don't be a Mongolic retard who can't even walk properly, it's like those faggots that buy cases for those phones. You shouldn't need one if you aren't downs.

>people

That only happens if you position the cables like a fucking retard and walk like an idiot.

That's why you don't make your cable hover. That way, you won't move the laptop even if it weighs 100g. Do your phones and tablets fly around your house regularly?

Well, why do people buy Beats headphones?

The other benefit is the fact that it's so easy to remove when you want it to, not just that fluke chance it's pulled accidentally. Although, pulling it out like that is not recommended and the cord gets twisted up like OP's cord. But like I said, Apple offers to replace a part of the charger or the whole thing because of the design. So there's really no downside to this design.

>avoid spending money
>use Apple
Are you retard?

>I'm trying to avoid spending money as much has possible

Then you shouldn't have bought a MacBook in the first place.

What do all you crackas think of the HP spectre

Apple chargers are the Eternal Jew of power adapters. Get some Sugru or something and apply it to any replacement adapter you buy.

>any suggestions
stop buying apple products

>Apple chargers are the Eternal Jew of power adapters

What does that even mean?

Designed to fail. Like all Apple products.

>but what if my phone falls
>but what if my trip over the fucking cable
>but what if I drop X
I never accidentally broke anything during my entire adult life. Why is the world filled with clumsy fuckers like you? Every single day at my work at least one phone falls to the ground. Every single person I know has had at least one screen repair done on their phone.

wow both ends of that cable are designed to break and fuck you over

Yeah, taking care of your shit then seeing everyone outside with shattered screens feels pretty weird.

Someone with anger issues like you definitely needs a charger designed to easily fall out, definitely.

People that don't spend the money to buy the things they have generally treat the object like the disposable device they put in the commitment for. People getting phones on contracts get it "free", so they don't treat it like an object that cost $600.

Also while I've never dropper a phone yet, I do spontaneously "throw" pens and other small objects due to having some retardo issue with my brain and nerves not operating at the same hz. Dropping my phone someday is inevitable.

If you have the receipt and bought it within a year you have warranty. the adapters have 1 year warranty from purchase date.

you can buy a new one from OWC (the only 3rd party adapter i've used). would recommend getting an 85w one so you charge quicker and don't use the adapter as long so it prevents you breaking it

>say clumsy fuckers
>anger issues
kek
doesn't even matter anyway because this is a superior technology

But I'm not being extra careful or even careful at all with my phone or anything. I just don't drop it.

Now you bought something expensive and shit. Even worse...

Based Microsoft.