Linux isn't fun anymore

linux isn't fun anymore

Have you considered kys?

You finally grew out of your edgy Linux phase? Congratulations! Now use Windows 10 like a normal person.

lol retard still using screenfetch instead of guifetch

>bunsenlabs
Found the problem.

yeah been on it. just tried a dual boot and remembered what a headhache this shit is lo

>an operating system being fun
hammers shouldn't be fun
screwdrivers shouldn't be fun

an OS should be a tool, not a source of entertainment

What the fuck do you mean fun? It's just an environment for you to accomplish your daily tasks, fuck you mean fun nigga?

damn playboi. Now I know. Honestly I think debian was a bad choice. should have done ubuntu

>Now use Windows 10 like a good goy

Pirate windows 10 like a good guy

>hammers shouldn't be fun
>screwdrivers shouldn't be fun

Tell that to hobbyists who like to disassemble, fix, and make things.

>bunsenlabs
>debian minimal + openbox + conky
How is that a problem?
This is not manjaro or mint, it's more like antergos but maintain by competent persons.

>HURRRR Y U launch terminal?
>gui app > console app
>t. 1138 packages-of-minimalism tripfag

Yeah everything works out of the box now. Maybe we should go to another obscure OS like haikuOS or reactOS

10/10

>GUI
Found the problem.

i7 skylake to use a WM on arch.

you rich fags. at leas use it correctly

>no distro logo

dropped

I get your point mate, but I love wielding a hammer. And that feeling when you screw that screw in real tight. It's pretty good desu.

Become a contributor.

Windows 10 is less usable than Linux, tho

Hey nice trip, guess you forgot we are on an ANONYMOUS imageboard.

It's just a VM lol

He's not a tripfag just a namefag.

It's time.

Let's get to it.

No memes; gentoo is my favorite distro
>get to pick package versions; no stable vs unstable repos bullshit
>no bloated kernel means fast boot times
>dont have to update for PPA

Sup Forums should make a new os just for making look good
we can call it 'Rice' the os

I'll make the logo.

use neofetch or minifetch

What else matters when it comes to linux?

Literally this

I love it too. Gentoo is a great OS. After I used it for a few months I installed it on all my computers. Used gen kernel for some but whatever.

Basically same install steps as arch - just wait on compile time. The trade off of a longer install is worth it for how solid the OS is. The package manager is a damn dream to use with how much control you get. Maintaining Gentoo is easier than any other distro I've used. The documentation is all pretty solid.

Isn't that literally elementary?

lol

>kys
holy fuck literally kill yourself you spastic

the guy who maintains grsec has a similar view, linux used to be fun when you could know what everything was doing and hack the fuck out of it.

now nobody knows what it's doing, it's far too complex and your freedom to fuck around erodes by the day with intelligent daemons coming along and rewriting shit. now he just wants to get shit done and runs Windows 10.

this is why I run a BSD, it's still fun from a hacker pov and I can just get shit done without having to dork around in the OS fixing every update

I really want to run Solaris because we use it at work, but you are reliant on a support contract to receive updates. I don't mind paying a little for it, but their support contracts are a bit ridiculous per socket installation, especially for x86. I could understand Power architecture since it's their bread and butter though.

>just want to get shit done
>BSD
Sorry, what? I maintain OpenBSD servers at work and have a Free and OpenBSD box at home, but I definitely don't consider them "get stuff done," operating systems. They're clearly tailored for server use and desktop is an afterthought.

I agree with grsec about Linux.

What about lo/g/os?

What's your opinion on Arch?

Not him but it's easy and fast to install.
I can get a system up and running in < 10 minutes.

It's better for noobier people. But if you can install and understand portage, gentoo is worth it. I'd get Arch when I need an OS fast and easy

Is this a thinly veiled desktop thread soon to be pruned?

There is not a single anime in this thread, officer.

>
>i7 skylake to use a WM on arch.
>you rich fags. at leas use it correctly
Am I rich yet poor man

>redditfetch