Is 8 GB of RAM enough for vidya games?

Is 8 GB of RAM enough for vidya games?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, but you can always download more RAM if you need some.

yes

Are you makign fun of me?

You need at least 64GB of RAM to run video games, and an extra 64GB per player for multiplayer games.

It's okay, because you can download extra RAM cheap these days and if you're careful you can even torrent extra RAM (they monitor people trying to download RAM, so be careful).

Sup Forums is making fun of me

Yes. The one game that said it required more than that actually didn't as it turns out.
16gb still a safer bet however

If you make a dumb thread, expect dumb answers.
Try a SQT or Google search next time.

8 is fine dude. 16 would be more for if you were doing anything else while gaming on the same system.

Is 8gb of ram enough to make my own informed decisions?

This is likely to be the only non consumerist non meme answer you'll get. If you're gaymen you don't need a million other programs running in the background aside from maybe a music player and VOIP. 8 is plenty.

My mobo won't recognise my 2nd stick of ram, nor does it support xmp profiles. Changing the voltage hasn't worked so far, and googling my issue has yielded no results. What do?

Let's say that I have a Xeon X5460, a GTX 750 Ti and 4GB of RAM.

Am I fucked?

Both of them are exactly the same model?
>>/sqt/

Yes.

Did you stick it in the wrong hole?

You can browse any website you want and watch any video you want.

Exact, came as a pair.

No, I am not makign fun of you.

Almost definitely, I tried them in all combinations. In one instance the graphics card fans would start, but the computer never made it to post.

8 is fine for now but i wouldnt be surprised to see some games using more in the near future.

Overbotch does not need more than 2 GB.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histrionic_personality_disorder

If you have an IM client/browser/mediaplayer/etc running in the background at all times, not for modern games no.